Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

The first Suspension Post I REALLY want

Will have to see what Fox comes out with in 2012.

But this Kind has the following must haves:
    -6" travel
    -fixed hose attachment
    -good CS

here is the link:
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/08/02/...pper-seatpost/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The first Suspension Post I REALLY want-ks-seatpost.jpg  

Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, South Africa

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Fixed hose attachment is always a welcome plus. Normally, it wouldnt bother me but the fact that I have a rear Dinotte 400 attached to the base of my KS -950r. The cabling catches on the light head sometimes when dropping the post to full compress.

Nice find.

Knomer
    Mmmmmmmm, this look delicious. 6" drop is mandatory for taller riders.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm running the xfusion w/o remote. Its been awesome. Works, looks good.
    All about the ride

mtbr member
    Maybe I am wrong, but I thought I read where the proto Fox post had the cable up at the seat clamp like a Reverb?

No matter, this looks good. Having the fixed cable is def a win.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    The cable housing looks a lot cleaner than the earlier web pictures that have been were circulating on this post.

This is what I am waiting on to replace my almost dead but still working (and 3 yr old) KS post.

Knomer
    Now that I think about this... I foresee a battle brewing about where frame makers will put cable routing for dropper posts. The Reverb Stealth will require a port hole at the bottom of the seattube, and routing up the downtube... while most other posts on the market(whether cable attached at top or bottom of post) will require routing somewhere on the top tube.

I certainly don't see frame makers offering both, nor should they.

I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if routing on a post like this one(above), still had to dip down and hook up with cable taco's on the downtube, which would also accommodate the Reverb Stealth. The Stealth is allegedly an exclusive item for Scott and Trek frames in 2012, so this cable routing "battle" won't have to be settled for another 6 months. Haha.

mtbr member
    1. Not a suspension post, its an adjustable seat post
    2. Not cable housing, its hydraulic hose like the reverb and the new KS post.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    1. Not a suspension post, its an adjustable seat post
    2. Not cable housing, its hydraulic hose like the reverb and the new KS post.
    I am sorry we flummoxed you with our imprecise language. Thank you for your kind gesture in pointing out our mistakes.

But, just to be precise, I will fix your grammar for you.

1. The correct term is not "suspension post," it is "adjustable seat post."
    2. The correct term is not "cable housing," it is "hydraulic hose." Examples of this type of hose include the Reverb and the new KS post.
    That should make everyone feel more enlightened and ready to enjoy further discussion without feeling the need to infantalize others.

mtbr member
    chill homie - i was just letting know that it isn't a suspension seatpost w/ cables so you don't roll into your LBS and ask for one. They'll look at your funny and they'll look at you with an even stranger look when you say "why doesn't thing thing absorb impacts? I thought it is a suspension post with 6" of travel".

Not patronizing, just making it short and concise.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    yo Ryan,

just looked at your sight. Didn't see 26 big bikes. Talk about mis-information. I was totally confused!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    yo Ryan,

just looked at your sight. Didn't see 26 big bikes. Talk about mis-information. I was totally confused!
    Its a site dude, not "sight". Sorry you were confused. Think about it a bit more and you might figure it out. The title is a bit clever so sleep on it and if you haven't figured it out in a week or so... then well, don't know what to tell you. I can give you a hint.... its not a suspension seat post.

mtbr member
    Ok enough already.
    I am sorry for over-reacting. Can we just talk about the adjustable posts now?

mtbr member
    Yeah, a friend sent this to me just recently as well. I hope this is much more reliable than the 150 Supernatural is, if not then run as far away from it as you can. My Supernatural 150 has failed on my three times in the past 3 months with sending back to KS each time. Rick at KS does his best to get the posts back to the consumer in a relatively timely manner, but problem still remains with premature failure of post (won't stay in locked position) and eventually turns into a "suspension post". So, the above poster isn't too far off as being a suspension post, cause it willl eventually turn into one before long with bouncing up and down as you ride.

Back to standard seatposts for now until a reliable 6" post is out. Hope this new design by KS works for them cause when their posts do work, it's been my favorite performing one so far with fast, smooth action, infinite adjustability, cable actuated and easy to set-up with zero play at all.
    Ride On!

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by jgusta View Post
    Yeah, a friend sent this to me just recently as well. I hope this is much more reliable than the 150 Supernatural is, if not then run as far away from it as you can. My Supernatural 150 has failed on my three times in the past 3 months with sending back to KS each time. Rick at KS does his best to get the posts back to the consumer in a relatively timely manner, but problem still remains with premature failure of post (won't stay in locked position) and eventually turns into a "suspension post". So, the above poster isn't too far off as being a suspension post, cause it willl eventually turn into one before long with bouncing up and down as you ride.

Back to standard seatposts for now until a reliable 6" post is out. Hope this new design by KS works for them cause when their posts do work, it's been my favorite performing one so far with fast, smooth action, infinite adjustability, cable actuated and easy to set-up with zero play at all.
    Hmmmm, this is a bummer. I've been riding a 5" KS post for a couple years with no problems, and was really looking forward to the 6" versions. I'm not in a giant hurry to buy another, so hopefully they'll have the kinks worked out in the 2nd run.

Has anyone seen any info about when this new hydro version might be released?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hey, its gotta be better than the Reverb in terms of reliability.

mtbr member
    How necessary is 6 inches of travel really? That's going to drastically limit the number of people that will be able to use this post due to the height of the post when fully extended.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    How necessary is 6 inches of travel really? That's going to drastically limit the number of people that will be able to use this post due to the height of the post when fully extended.
    Tall guys riding XL bikes? Or someone who prefers their frames smaller for techy riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dunerinaz View Post
    A necessity for me at least. I had a 5" post, but always had to manually adjust for steep climbs and bomber descents during most rides. I am only 5'11" tops w/shoes (do have somewhat longer legs) and ride a large frame (Banshee Rune, which is a small large) and definitely need it here on the trails in the NW that change elevation rapidly on alot of rides. Actually the KS 6" post is just a smidge under 6", at about 5.8" and sometimes wish it was at least 6.0" instead.

Right now I am back on standard post which is nice for straight up long climbs to mostly all down descents and noticed the almost 1 lb loss off the bike when climbing with one-leg today, so was stoked for that. Would rather not have to run an adj. seatpost at all, but necessity for the up/down/up/down trails, Super D races in the NW or anytime I go for a ride and don't want to have to get off of my bike at all during the whole course of the ride, which is nice as well, especially when some of the multiple climb/descents are only a mile long each tops on a lot of rides I do as well. So, not just for tall folks.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    Has anyone heard any news on this post? Looks very interesting indeed, something like this might probably be a good replacement for my i950-R.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shapirus View Post
    Has anyone heard any news on this post? Looks very interesting indeed, something like this might probably be a good replacement for my i950-R.
    I am interested to know as well, since my KS Supernatural just crapped out for the SIXTH time in only past 6-7 months. I need at least 6" adjustment (160mm would be perfect for me) or I wouldn't even keep messing with this post. Hopefully the LEV is much more reliable cause my 150mm KS has been mess in terms of reliabilty goes. I am back to standard post right now and have been running adjustable posts off/on for almost 6yrs now.
    Ride On!

mtbr member
    There was a thread in general or the AM Forum I believe a week or two ago that had an email from Rick at KS saying possibly late January they may start shipping.

Personally, I think it will be a very nice post but probably not much more reliable than the rest of the lot. (I am also waiting for one).

mtbr member
    If so, not much left to wait. However, I'm personally going to hear first reviews and wait for subsequent batches if needed, since new KS posts never seem quite reliable from the very start

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by shapirus View Post
    If so, not much left to wait. However, I'm personally going to hear first reviews and wait for subsequent batches if needed, since new KS posts never seem quite reliable from the very start
    I heard February delivery.

Strange to hear the tales of woe about the KS products, I've been running an i950 for years now without issue.

mtbr member
    A co-worker of mine bought an I950, two rides later it blew a seal and turned into a three inch travel pogo stick. Rick fixed it but still.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast