Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6

    Finally got my Chili

    I'm a newbie here, so first, I'd like send my regards to all of you stoked by Knolly bikes.

    I had been contemplating getting an AM bike for a year now and finally went for a Chili after reading all the reviews from you. I finally swung a leg over my Chili 4 days ago. After about 30Km of riding, I experienced all the good stuff you've said about Knolly bikes. I indeed felt like I was "in" the bike rather than "on" it, like I was tucked in securely. I would look at the shock link while pedaling on pavement and noticed that there was barely any bob (rear shock is Fox CTD, set on trail mode, max compression). When I set the rear shock to Descend, I noted some bobbing visually but did not feel it. The bike felt like it was a hard tail!

    On the trail, I did not feel any bobbing, yet the suspension just seemed to follow the contours of the terrain! The bike felt solid and beautifully balanced, like the fork and rear shock worked in perfect tandem. I could not believe there is a bike like the Chili. It really works.

    I am glad I went for a Chili. Once again, thank you for your reviews.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cfrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    913
    pictures or I don't believe you
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,491
    becarful.... this is were it becomes very addictive,,, and very expensive,,,,, you'll soon leanr that one knolly isnt enough, before you know it you'll have a full fleet lol.
    good choice bro welcome to the knolly family

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6
    cfrench, i'm sending this with a photo but I'm not sure if I've been able to upload it right.

    it's a size small, fulcrum wheelset,
    hans dampf 2.35 tires, X0 dérailleurs,
    xt cranks and brakes, answer pro carbon handlebar,
    hope stem, ks lev dropper post, fox 36 talas
    weight: 31.2lb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally got my Chili-img-20131023-00321.jpg  


  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6
    delirian, I'm stoked. brought this to the trail 2 consecutive days after I got it and then again today. The fact that it's new explains the addiction but I got this bike to push my biking skills. I've got every intention to do just that. Aiming for DH in the next few years. Maybe I'll get a Podium then

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,491
    the chilli will be capable of some light dh... have fun pushing your limits and skills, you defo made the right choice of bike to do that.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Michal740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    75
    Congrats for the new ride. Looks great! I got my Chili just 5 days ago and can't even believe how good it is.Mine is XL orange btw.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cfrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by shockednawed View Post
    cfrench, i'm sending this with a photo but I'm not sure if I've been able to upload it right.

    it's a size small, fulcrum wheelset,
    hans dampf 2.35 tires, X0 dérailleurs,
    xt cranks and brakes, answer pro carbon handlebar,
    hope stem, ks lev dropper post, fox 36 talas
    weight: 31.2lb
    really nice build, looks sweet and a lot of fun! the chili really rewards an aggressive riding stance / rider. Its very point and shoot / stiff, so a stable descender and is the perfect bike for anyone looking to improve their enduro/fr/dh skills, no matter what level they are at. listen to Delirian he is right on the money, buying knollys is addictive, so is putting Avalanche / BOS shocks on them you've been warned...
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cfrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal740 View Post
    Congrats for the new ride. Looks great! I got my Chili just 5 days ago and can't even believe how good it is.Mine is XL orange btw.
    pictures or I don't believe you either
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Michal740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    pictures or I don't believe you either
    Here it is

    Last edited by Michal740; 11-03-2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Image upload

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cfrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal740 View Post
    Here it is

    that's a very handsome steed. built to shred hard. just looks so right with the totems in the xl frame size ..always thought those orange frames look so lovely in the sunshine too.. Q. whats the rim on the front ?
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Michal740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks,the orange really glows in direct sun shining on it. Front wheel is Mavic 729 Disc,really awesome wheel.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: F.N.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal740 View Post
    Thanks,the orange really glows in direct sun shining on it. Front wheel is Mavic 729 Disc,really awesome wheel.
    Bet that is Dustys old one

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Michal740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    Bet that is Dustys old one
    You are correct

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,708
    Michal-lob!

    Sweet looking bike buddy!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: F.N.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal740 View Post
    You are correct
    Calhoun told me. Like to see that color some day in person.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6
    Nice color, michal. I chose between orange and raw but went for the safe raw. You will surely standout on the trails with this one. I've been turning heads even with my raw. How do you find the ccdbair?

    Cfrench, you're spot on on its performance. Very stiff, confidence-inspiring, and it entices you to push the envelope. Ride's unbelievable. I've noticed though that it can be sluggish on the flats but that's probably because it eats up even the smallest bumps rather than skim the tops. But traction's superb!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Michal740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    75
    Thanks,that orange is a headturner for sure.The ccdbair is awesome.It feels like the rear wheel never leaves the ground unless I want it to.
    Sounds like you're enjoying yours as much as I do mine.Awesome!!!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cfrench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by shockednawed View Post

    Cfrench, you're spot on on its performance. Very stiff, confidence-inspiring, and it entices you to push the envelope. Ride's unbelievable. I've noticed though that it can be sluggish on the flats but that's probably because it eats up even the smallest bumps rather than skim the tops. But traction's superb!
    Let me unpick the sluggish for you -- You will get the benefits you mention 'and' the bike will become more alive (even on the flats) / pop out of jumps easier / pedal more efficiently / have greater traction in corners, if, you loose the float and get an Avalanche Woodie. Don't get me wrong, the float is still 'a lot of fun' on the chili because of the mad traction you get climbing and descending. It may not be what you want to hear from a cash money point of view, but when you dropped this much on a bike, what's a couple hundred bucks extra to finish the job. The Woodie completes a Chili and is worth every single penny. When the float comes to its next service point, don't spend money on it, sell it, and buy a Woodie. The Cane Creek shocks are great too but the Woodie edges them because it lets more oil circulate the internals...
    Last edited by cfrench; 11-12-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mr.bubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    27
    MAN... I hate u guys! My frame has been on order for over a month arggggg. It'll be a mix of XX1, X01, marzocchi & Hope
    Dope rides.... Such nice setups
    The Green Bastard

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Let me unpick the sluggish for you -- You will get the benefits you mention 'and' the bike will become more alive (even on the flats) / pop out of jumps easier / pedal more efficiently / have greater traction in corners, if, you loose the float and get an Avalanche Woodie. Don't get me wrong, the float is still 'a lot of fun' on the chili because of the mad traction you get climbing and descending. It may not be what you want to hear from a cash money point of view, but when you dropped this much on a bike, what's a couple hundred bucks extra to finish the job. The Woodie completes a Chili and is worth every single penny. When the float comes to its next service point, don't spend money on it, sell it, and buy a Woodie. The Cane Creek shocks are great too but the Woodie edges them because it lets more oil circulate the internals...

    Thanks for the tip. Read other threads on avy and it looks tempting. My problem is I'm on the other side of the globe from where most of you are. I'd probably have trouble with servicing.

    But coil might be the way to go for me. I just cleared a 4 ft ledge and did some decent jumps yesterday. Barely held my nerves together, but the chili barely even shook. And I'm on air shocks!

Similar Threads

  1. 650B Chili?
    By vikb in forum Knolly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  2. Saddle for my Chili?
    By special k in forum Knolly
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
  3. Chili Chainstays
    By pergamonx in forum Knolly
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
  4. Who wants Chili?
    By flowtron in forum Knolly
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2012, 09:07 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 07:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •