mtbr member

Fight for my knolly

Today I was doing jack squat at work and got a feeling that I should go home. When I walked into the parking lot of our apartment complex a guy was riding out of it on my bike, so I yelled and started running after him. My roommate was at his girlfriends apartment and saw me running after the guy so he went to our apartment, saw a rando car in the parking lot pulling out and took off after it in his car.

A few blocks down I found the guy and threw down. He hit me quite a few times but ran off without the bike. Almost a terrible day, but it turned out not so bad.

Perpetual Hack
    Glad your ok, and that you got the bike back.
    Sometime it pays to listen to the little guy inside.

Hope you got a good look at him, so that next time you meet he will really remember you.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Yikes! I'm glad that you kept your bike safe! Your situation re-affirms my decision to lock up my bike when it is in the garage!i hope you're OK!

mtbr member
    Wow! what a story - glad to hear a positive ending.

Five5hot
    Spider senses at its best!

Hope your apartment complex has cameras to catch this chump.

mtbr member
    Glad you got that bike back.

I had to chase after a guy that stole my locked MTB while I was having lunch with a friend. Only got it back because another cyclist saw me running after him and clotheslined him for me so I had time to catch up.

I didn't enjoy the experience, but there was something awesome about foiling an attempted theft.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Yikes, thats some tale. Do you have to keep your bike outside?

Yebo Numzaan
    Yeeoow! ....i am a pretty mellow dude but I am pretty sure i might lose my marbles if I saw someone walking off with my bike. Envisioned it at Whistler a couple times....catching the dude and then a little bit of mob justice

Did you maybe get one punch in or a kick in the nuts?

Great story...glad it ended well.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    glad to hear you got the bike back,,,,, one thing i really hate is thieves,,, they should be burned alive, low life scum. you should have beat the foooooooooooker up man,,,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Yeeoow! ....i am a pretty mellow dude but I am pretty sure i might lose my marbles if I saw someone walking off with my bike. Envisioned it at Whistler a couple times....catching the dude and then a little bit of mob justice

Did you maybe get one punch in or a kick in the nuts?

Great story...glad it ended well.
    lol i had a similar thing happen to me in whistler last september, was sat at ingrids having lunch, my dt and helmet were on the floor by the steps, i was sat on the closest table eating watching my bike, a guy comes in on a junker, put it down opposite side of steps to my dt, walks into ingrids then comes streight out, picks up my dt and starts to walk off, i yelled in my broadest manc accent, oi thats my bike you thieving ****, everybody looked up, i was just about to fly over the hand rail miami vice styyyyyyle and knock the twat out, he saw the rage in my eyes, dropped my bike and picked up his saying "sorry mate wrong bike", i was like "hmmm yeah course it was, you prick," at which point he scarperd rather quick lol i was so close to punching the foooker lol.

mtbr member
    Thanks.

The bike was inside in the front room, our window was smashed. It's locked up far away now.

I got a few hits in, but was definitely overmatched. I held out long enough that my roommate had been following the getaway car and scared it off and was pulling up to the area, and some maintenance workers of the apartment had shown up and were standing right by the bike (we were 50 feet away) when the guy decided to run off. The only real wound I have to show for it is a bump and scrapes on my forehead from getting pushed headfirst into a tree.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeathstar View Post
    Thanks.

The bike was inside in the front room, our window was smashed. It's locked up far away now.

I got a few hits in, but was definitely overmatched. I held out long enough that my roommate had been following the getaway car and scared it off and was pulling up to the area, and some maintenance workers of the apartment had shown up and were standing right by the bike (we were 50 feet away) when the guy decided to run off. The only real wound I have to show for it is a bump and scrapes on my forehead from getting pushed headfirst into a tree.
    that aint good mate,,,, where do you live,,,, i thought it was rough round here lol.

mtbr member
    Utah. It's definitely not rough around here but I've started to realize even small towns and mormon towns are microcosms of the entire universe: a lot of good people, a few jerks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeathstar View Post
    Utah. It's definitely not rough around here but I've started to realize even small towns and mormon towns are microcosms of the entire universe: a lot of good people, a few jerks.
    yeah mate,,,,,
    over here in the uk,, specially round where we live, if it aint locked it will walk, they even use cutting equipment to steal highend bikes,
    did you ever see that a few years back, in 08 there was a tv programme call gone in 60 seconds how safe is your bike,
    it was about exculating bike crime in london, and basically how no one gives a **** and does nothing to stop them, they did 3 set ups stealing their own bike from 3 crowded locations, kings cross tube station and scotland yard hq, using various mthods to cut the lock, bolt cutters, portable grinder and hacksaw, not one person stopped them or challenged them, over here no one really cares as long as it aint them, kind of sad really,

mtbr member
    That's one hell a story dude! Glad the low life didn't get your bike!
    You should get some free swag from Kevin or at least make your own riding shirt. "Knolly security (with arrows pointing at your arms)" :-)

I know I am paranoid about my bikes & honestly ruins some mtb stoke. Even wo knowing anything about bikes my day glo yellow Chilcotin looks high end to the untrained bystander!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    over here in the uk,, specially round where we live, if it aint locked it will walk, they even use cutting equipment to steal highend bikes
    actually i can expand on this: if it aint locked it will walk, and if it is locked, the lock will walk..
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

Perpetual Hack
    as for the fight.
    One of the first things you learn in the martial arts is that there is no dirty fighting - everything goes.
    While this may not be a fight for you life, in one way it is. (Well at least to me)
    Balls are obvious, but other things like knees - especially if struck on the inside -> outward don't take much to break. Azzwipe cant fight if he can't stand, also hard to steal bikes with a full leg cast.

Not that I condone violence done to bike thieves...

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member
    Its times like this when the Ninja Knolly sixth sense just kicks in and **** takes care of itself. glad to hear you're ok.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    That SOB! Glad you're ok and you got the knolly back

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    as for the fight.
    One of the first things you learn in the martial arts is that there is no dirty fighting - everything goes.
    While this may not be a fight for you life, in one way it is. (Well at least to me)
    Balls are obvious, but other things like knees - especially if struck on the inside -> outward don't take much to break. Azzwipe cant fight if he can't stand, also hard to steal bikes with a full leg cast.

Not that I condone violence done to bike thieves...

michael
    rofpmsl,,,,,
    defo agree mate.... im more thinking along the lines of adams apple/ throat removal, ala patrik swayze style in roadhouse lol.

mtbr member
    poke em in the eye! or if youve got short fingers i suppose you could always use a 20mm thru axle...
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.