Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

a few Red Bull pictures

So my girlfriend and I headed to Vegas and then Redbull and then Vegas and then home - it was great trip! It also fun to drive when the speed limits are 75mph, so I was cooking along around 90-5mph for much of it - woohoo!

This was a our first time to Red Bull Rampage, because we were going to Vegas, etc - I didn't deal with bringing bikes. We arrive at the parking and have a 4 plus mile hike to the event (and then 4 plus mile on the return). I overpacked I brought my camping backpack, which was the first mistake, because you tend to fill it -a bunch of drinks, food, ice, snack, binoculars, camera, and chair. Made it to the site soaking wet.

It was awesome to see much of this event up close. Bascially you are on the course and moved around like cattle - mooo - for the various lines for different riders. Because of the all of obstacles and just the setting - it was surreal!

These riders are amazing, the upper mountain and some of the lines are just downright nuts. The crowd was into it - cheering everyone. You couldn't see everything, but you could hear the crowd cheer when they made it and gasp when they crashed.

Coolest part of the event -seeing Aggy jump for joy when Sorge nailed his second lap.

Judging was suspect as mentioned by many others. Since I couldn't see everything, I will hold my comments.

Interesting - we beat our buddy back to the car lot, who had a bike. You had to check you bike in and there was a long line to get your bike back.

The event ended early so we swung by Over The Edge bike shop to hopefully throw my leg over the new Endorphin, but its was out being ridden - darn it - oh well back to Vegas for a much needed jump in the hot tub.

Here's a few pictures Tyler, Will, and 2 of Doerfling and the neon green Podium - granted these aren't like the pro photo folks.....haha and 1 vegas shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a few Red Bull pictures-doerfling_1.jpg  

a few Red Bull pictures-doerfling_2.jpg  

a few Red Bull pictures-will.jpg  

a few Red Bull pictures-tyler.jpg  

a few Red Bull pictures-jamie_shoe_2.jpg  

Last edited by Dude!; 10-09-2012 at 11:58 AM.

TSC
    Buehliever
    I'm surprised that this was the winning run:
    Red Bull Rampage 2012 USA The Winning Run -- Red Bull.com Videos -- Red Bull

In 2010 that wouldn't have even came close:
    The Finals - Red Bull Rampage 2010 - YouTube
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I LOL'd when I saw this pic on pinkbike.

Dusty gives a mean stinkeye!

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch_Surfer View Post

My first thoughts
    1. Dusty should have used sunscreen
    2. Diversity

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr View Post
    My first thoughts
    1. Dusty should have used sunscreen
    2. Diversity
    It's the hue off my shirt! Or the neon lights! Or both! I was very well protected all weekend...

Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2009
    "Interesting - we beat our buddy back to the car lot, who had a bike. You had to check you bike in and there was a long line to get your bike back. "

yeah, i spent all of friday and most of sunday checking bikes as a "volunteer", i was so tired of it by 2 sunday, i took the shuttle down and headed home. 20 hours of volunteer work and i got to see about three qualifying runs on friday. nothing like driving 9 hours each way for event to be working. at least i met some good people.

so red bull, you owe me!!!

Ich bin ein Knolliner

some ride time...

At least you got a bit of ride time in on Saturday. The post-ride bourbon/beer fest made Saturday a memorable day for sure...at least as far as I remember

Great to meet you all,
    Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a few Red Bull pictures-goose1.jpg  

a few Red Bull pictures-goose2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    "Interesting - we beat our buddy back to the car lot, who had a bike. You had to check you bike in and there was a long line to get your bike back. "

yeah, i spent all of friday and most of sunday checking bikes as a "volunteer", i was so tired of it by 2 sunday, i took the shuttle down and headed home. 20 hours of volunteer work and i got to see about three qualifying runs on friday. nothing like driving 9 hours each way for event to be working. at least i met some good people.

so red bull, you owe me!!!
    Sorry to hear that.....doesn't sound enjoyable at all.

I would guess that 90% of the people were on bikes or got the shuttle.

On the way back, the walkers did all b-line through the desert brush as oppose to the road and that helped.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch_Surfer View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing when I cam across that photo.

I missed the rampage, but found some REALLY fun non-ramage-esque trails near my place that I will be sharing with a few close friends.

mtbr member
    Jamie...were you there on Saturday to see the "camapult"?

Donkey Puncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Skins View Post
    At least you got a bit of ride time in on Saturday. The post-ride bourbon/beer fest made Saturday a memorable day for sure...at least as far as I remember

Great to meet you all,
    Jeff
    I couldn't help but notice Kevin NOT pushing this chili up the rock face...wtf...I want a refund.

RideDirt
    Whos that dude w that orange frame ? ......Team rider ?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Whos that dude w that orange frame ? ......Team rider ?
    that is none other than Mr Dusty Bottoms himself

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Skins View Post

Great to meet you all,
    Jeff
    thanks Jeff, is was a good day that made for a tough drive off the mesa and getting to the venue by 7 am.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    don't suppose you are going to sell any Knolly t-shirts? nice and simple t's with a quality logo.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Is that a 125mm or 150mm KS Lev on Dusty's bike?

What post are you sporting Mr. Farrell?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatwheeled View Post
    don't suppose you are going to sell any Knolly t-shirts? nice and simple t's with a quality logo.
    +1

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    +1
    LOL. I asked the warehouse mgr a few weeks ago about hats/tees..."We're concentrating on making bikes right now" Dusty musta busted out the stencil @ home.

Great pics, and Dude! looks like a great trip.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatwheeled View Post
    +3 Just sent an email to Noel asking about that as well. Couldn't find anything on the website.

mtbr member
    Maybe Noel can get a deal if we put a group order together.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Been a while since we had a thread going regarding some Knolly softgoods! If it weren't for the SAPA fiasco I'm sure we would have seen more long ago but unfortunately they've been stuck in the focus on getting bikes to market mindset for quite a while (and rightly so). I can't wait for some Ts, a hoodie, hats and maybe a 3/4 sleeve jersey though!
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post

i'm rocking an old school thomson, and my girlfriend uses the lever action joplin.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post

I've had a 150 LEV on my Chilcotin for a few months, and a 125 LEV on my Endo. Both have been working flawlessly.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    I've had a 150 LEV on my Chilcotin for a few months, and a 125 LEV on my Endo. Both have been working flawlessly.
    For almost $900 MSRP in seat posts, that should be the case...

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Thanks for the info, Dusty. I noticed that you have the post inserted all the way which I'm guessing doesn't allow you full leg extension while pedaling. For stronger riders like yourself that's not a big deal.

I have a 125 LEV on my Chilcotin but I have the maximum seat height set to make pedaling the easiest possible (i.e. road bike leg extension). In that configuration I have the post at the minimum insertion line and when I put the seat all the way down my butt sometimes drags on the back of the seat as I move to the back of my bike. I've never got hung up on my seat, but it makes me wonder if I should have gotten the 150 LEV.

I'm switching my 90mm stem to a 40 or 50mm stem for other reasons, but hopefully the shorter stem will make moving my butt back a smoother experience. If not, I will be selling a slightly-used, already-been-crashed, KS LEV 125mm at a price that is much lower than msrp and buying the KS LEV 150mm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast