mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Endorphin suspension setup help

Any tips for setting up the suspension on an endorphin? Seems to either be too much pedal bob or too stiff. Haven't found the sweet spot yet. Running CCDBAir.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I've found that I like to run 30-35% sag for the plush feel when bombing rougher track then leave the climb switch in the partially closed position to firm things up for pedaling. I rarely close it completely or open it all the way. It's like a rheostat and a little bit of CS will do for most trails.

The other thing that helps (or I assume would help as I haven't done it yet) is to add a spacer band to help it ramp up and prevent bottoming on the bigger hits and g-outs.

As far as the compression and rebound settings, I haven't strayed too far from the Knolly suggested settings. A click or two here and there, but that's about it. They are pretty close.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Which base tune are you using? The card that came with the bike is different than the recommendation on the cane creek website. The website tune actually looks like it'll work better than the base tune on the card that I've been running. I'll give that a shot tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm running an Inline, but I think it would be similar. A few psi can make a big difference I have found. It might not show much difference in sag but a few extra psi gave me the sweet spot while leaving the settings basically stock, or adjusting slightly for certain conditions.

I also use the CS switch but rarely ever fully closed, just enough to firm it a bit on long climbs.

I initially tried adding volume spacers but that wasn't the answer for me, I couldn't get it to feel right with them in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoma_MTB View Post
    Which base tune are you using? The card that came with the bike is different than the recommendation on the cane creek website. The website tune actually looks like it'll work better than the base tune on the card that I've been running. I'll give that a shot tomorrow
    Let us know how it goes! I started with the base tune on the card that came with the bike, and have backed off the LSC and LSR a few clicks, and the HSR a touch too. Haven't tried adding any bands yet, not going to put too much more effort into it as I'm going to do the DBAir IL upgrade when the NZ supplier get the bits in.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Alright, the base tune from the cane creek website feels amazing. Not sure why the card that came with the bike is so far off. I think the LCS on the card was just way too low and I was trying to compensate with air. Lesson learned.

Bike was feeling incredible until I cracked my Nox Kitsuma rim (2nd time in 6 months ).

Website base tune:

Card tune:

mtbr member
    Oops, just noticed that you're running the DBAir CS, and I'm running the Inline. Interesting that the sag for the DBAir CS is 2mm more than the Inline.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Post you're impressions with the coil once you have some time on it . I'm loving the DBA CS. I'm heavy but not using any bands. I couldnt get on at all with the fox DPS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Man, sorry to hear about your cracked carbon rims! I am like kryptonite to carbon and have gone back to aluminum....... Mainly to save money. Have cracked carbon wheels, and even broke a carbon DH bar clean in two!
    Regarding the CC, I found that setting the sag to 30%(CC Inline) on my Endo is a MUST before anything else. After that I rode it and used the CC Dialed APP. I worked with that and ended up taking a full turn off of my HSC! Amazing now.... Just takes time and willingness to tinker. The App does make it nice as you can save the set up and play around always knowing you can take it back to the original settings and start over.
    Cheers!