Thread: Endorphin shock

mtbr member

Endorphin shock

Hope everyone had a great holidays!

Recently I've managed to get my hands on a new to me Endorphin, it's a 2009 and it's fantastic! The only thing I don't love is the rear shock on the bike, it's a Monarch RT3, it's not bad really I just don't really like most air shocks.

I had a CCDB Coil that fits the Endorphin on another bike so I swapped it over and it was like riding a new bike (which I expected to be honest).

My question is, I'm thinking about keeping the weight on the Endo lighter and was thinking about the CCDB Air, Vivid Air R2C, and other shocks in that realm.

Has anyone ridden one of those shocks on the Endo's and what was your impression of them on the Endo? Beyond weight, any other advantages to those shocks over what the CCDB offers?

Thanks for the opinions!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I had the old Endo, fitted with A BOS Stoy which after a retune I'm fitting to my Chilcotin. Currently running a CCDB air but I am really looking forward to trying the Stoy again. I think I'm going to prefer it. I beleive that you might be a little underwhelmed with the air shocks on offer. The Avy shocks sound good but they are coil again.

I suggest looking at other areas to save some weight.
    Last edited by loamranger; 01-02-2013 at 01:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by loamranger View Post
    I suggest looking at other areas to save some weight.
    Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at. Just looking at opinions of other shocks out there. The weight is pretty negligible but just a nice little bonus.