mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Endorphin/ high volume air shock

So what kind of performance characteristics are going to come from running a standard RP23 as opposed to a high volume rp23 on an endorphin? The shock will be more progressive?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I have 2 endorphins in the family...should I put the standard size can on the medium frame w/ 150lb rider and the high volume can on the small frame with 115lb rider? Or ditch the standard can completely for a second high volume can?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaXCarp View Post
    I have 2 endorphins in the family...should I put the standard size can on the medium frame w/ 150lb rider and the high volume can on the small frame with 115lb rider? Or ditch the standard can completely for a second high volume can?
    Yes, put the high-volume can on the Endo for the lighter rider. The way you ride, you most likely will prefer the more responsive ride of the small can.

Bigger volume canister has a less progressive air spring with a more pronounced hammock effect in the mid-stroke, while the small volume canister gives an air spring that ramps up faster. If you find that with a reasonable amount of sag you just can't get anywhere close to full travel, you may want to consider the large can (and perhaps shim it to achieve a happy medium).

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Awesome, thanks for the insight...you are a great resource when it comes to suspension! You are right, I might benefit from the increased progressivity of the low volume sleeve on my set up. The rear end of my bike has felt a bit lagging when I have gone to pop off a lip or over a set of rocks/roots...I was attributing this to slowing my rebound down a couple clicks this year but maybe it is just the shock not ramping up enough when I push into it?