mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Drawn to a knolly.........

So here's the thing......
    I took the plunge a while back and went 650b and decided on a medium SC bronson C .
    But the trouble is i have never really gelled with the whole package, especially the cockpit geo.
    I'm 5'8" and no matter what i change I feel so cramped and restricted..... I'm currently running a 65mm stem and it still feels wrong.

To be honest I'm digging the whole Knolly vibe and cant really find a neg review...!
    The warden Medium spec numbers look like the answer for me.... but i need some support from you guys to press the button!!!!

....and to top it all off its not even carbon........

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I considered the Bronson but it's short geometry knocked it out of the running. To get near the medium Warden reach you need a large Bronson, but the the seat tube is too long for a dropper. I have never been on a Santa Cruz, but I'm sure they're great bikes, but they need updating. I'm 5'9.5" on a medium Warden. 50mm stem and 770mm bars feel about perfect. I'm currently experimenting with a 35mm stem. I like the fit with the 50 better but prefer the 35 on steep descents and for it's ease of lifting the front wheel. You would probably fit with a 35-40mm stem on the Warden. Awsome bike, I'm not sure if it's the awsomest but the geometry is on.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'8" I like my warden with the 50. I tried a 40 for a bit but felt it was a bit short. I think its probably one of the best fits on the markets but I would't mind a little longer so I could run a shorter stem but really 50 ain't that bad.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    On a side note if you like to ride with a water bottle count that out. At least on the medium
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks for the replies, just went for it and a medium is on its way!!
    Will i get away with a 125mm drop reverb instead of the 150...?
    Cheers

mtbr member
    if your pulling it off your bronson then no, there different diameters. But other than that you would be OK with a 125. but 150 is better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Cheers thegromit, i found a good deal on a 31.6 125mm dropper.....

mtbr member
    Same story here, been a Turner fanboy for years but Knolly seem to have the geometry spot on for my height (183cm), and I'm getting pretty close to pulling the trigger on a warden too. It really does seem like the perfect do-it-all bike.

Braaap
    Compared to your SC, the medium Warden will open things up considerably. I don't understand how SC gets away with their reach numbers.

We have medium and large Warden frames ready to go in all colors but black. Send a PM if you need any more convincing on your purchase.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.