mtbr member

Delirium vs Uzzi

I know this is a Knolly forum so our knolly fans are biased towards one bike, but I have to ask. I just saw intense come out with their new uzzi... Numbers look great as well.

Uzzi's 190 mm rear travel is saweeet... 148 hub spacing is not. Both bikes are designed around 180mm fork...

what does everyone think about these two iconic freeride bikes? They are both slated for around the same release date.... I can't decide whether I need to put up my current wheelset to hop on the boost train or keep it real with the real-ness of the delirium.

Any insite would be greatly appreciated.
    Current Bikes

2018 Santa Cruz Chameleon 27+
    2016 YT Tues AL
    2016 Banshee Rune

mtbr member
    by the look of them ...i will choose the knolly..

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I've had both of the old ones. The Uzzi broke in two spots. The delirium is still going strong. Maybe intense are better now?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snakesterhk View Post
    I've had both of the old ones. The Uzzi broke in two spots. The delirium is still going strong. Maybe intense are better now?
    I know this is your experience with them. If every Uzzi frame broke in half I would have my doubts. Also I would have to believe that both companies are incorporating both their lessons learned into new models.

The vpp of intense provides probably one of the best leverage curve for a coil shock.. But vpp also utilizes chain tension as part of its pedaling platform.

I've always compared my bikes I've thrown a leg over to knolly and they have really set a standard for the feeling of being in the bike rather than being on top. I also saw that pushed 11-6 used a delirium for their showcase... I wonder if they will be making a tune for that... That would also be awesome

Choices choices...