mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Delirium update?

Any word on the status of a redesigned delirium?

mtbr member
    Last I heard it will be 2014 before we see a new Delirium.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Was hoping for something a bit sooner...
    Oh well, it'll be worth the wait.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i have been waiting patiently for 2 years for the new delirium to come out. i was hoping it was gonna be out in may this year, but when i emailed knolly a few weeks back to enquire about the deliriums release, i was told they have no immediate plans to launch it not this year. maybe 2014.
    maybe noel or dusty could shed some light on this. as i am really really wanting a new bike lol.

Knomer
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    i have been waiting patiently for 2 years for the new delirium to come out. i was hoping it was gonna be out in may this year, but when i emailed knolly a few weeks back to enquire about the deliriums release, i was told they have no immediate plans to launch it not this year. maybe 2014.
    maybe noel or dusty could shed some light on this. as i am really really wanting a new bike lol.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    This is correct.
    We already know he's been waiting and wants a new bike! I imagine a more specific answer is what the man seeks.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    The 2010 Delirium is still the best bike I've ever ridden, so I'm more than happy to just keep riding that haha.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    thanks for confirming that dusty,,,

mtbr member
    This confirms what I speculated a while back. I'm not sure when (or if) a new delirium will be released.

I think that due to the capability of the current crop of 6" am bikes and the shift in how trails are built (more smooth transitions, fewer hucks to flat, etc) this already small niche has shrunken to microscopic.

Not saying that folks like delirian, Dom, dude, garret beulher, and others don't need a delirium, but many who used to be in the DT/Delirium market are perfectly matched with the Chilcotin, including me.

I hope he builds a new delirium.....and I know it will be the best in its class (whatever that means) when he does. But I wouldn't hold my breath and I'd take good care of my current delirium while I was waiting.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    this already small niche has shrunken to microscopic.
    Bingo.

Biking Like Crazy!
    I like Bingo!

Oh BTW, if you make the new Delirium 650B compatible THEN the small niche will go to macroscopic! wink! wink!
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

J:
    mbtr memebr
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    I like Bingo!Oh BTW, if you make the new Delirium 650B compatible THEN the small niche will go to macroscopic! wink! wink!
    Would be the holy grail right there, IF there were actually 650b tires other than HD.. like 2.4 BB, MM, DHF etc

J:
    mbtr memebr
    Without actual tires, and with the Chilly being such a success....

650 D sounds awesome though

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Alright then, Chilcotin update. Give it the Delirium's 4xFour (no seat tube pivots) and Podium's fancy one-piece chainstay, along w/ 10mm more travel. There's your diverse product line.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Only time will tell....just like the 650B.

I agree with the general sentiment that AM bikes and trail bikes finally have the correct geometry making them more aggressive and more capable than before. Confidence has improved allowing for shorter travel bikes to handle trail features. And though the trail obstacles have gotten smoother, the number of trail obstacles have increased, gaps increased, and the speeds have gotten much faster. Can the modern AM bikes handle this increased abuse? With gaps getting bigger (and bigger), it is likely that there will be more "cased" landings.

As I mentioned in another post, I agree the (heavy) freeride geometry is no longer needed - but a modern version of this to handle abuse is still needed, where folks pedal to the top. I consider the Delirium a modern version on this - if it could loose some pounds, while maintaining strength and confidence - awesome. This is the key - can it handle the abuse, while still being pedal friendly. This is what the Delirium provides me. Is it overkill on some trails - yes. However, I love being on it when the other trails occur.

I like MR. Whlr suggestion, as it is a improved Delirium.

Thoughts about what the Chilcotin can handle have changed since its introduction, which is great. Initially it wasn't intended for park riding, but that has changed. There were some initial comments by Woodyak that were followed by Noel's agreement. If the Chilcotin is the future bike for most of us? How much has this changed in what its intent is? How much abuse can the Chilcotin really handle? Is it Delirium replaceable?

An interesting observation as of recent, we have been playing a lot at our jump area. The weather has been great and dirt is good, so everyone is coming out. However, 90% of the folks riding these jumps are on full DH bikes. Trust me most of them don't need DH bikes, but the trend is there. It seems that some of these people chose to a pedal DH - yikes. Whereas we rode there the other day, but pedaled to get to there and rode other trails along the way. Is the future predominantly defined between AM or DH?

It is interesting to speculate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    some very intresting points raised here,,, i suppose now i can look at it from, and understand it from a manufacturers point of view rather than a potential customers point of view. i suppose the market is very small now for these kind of bikes, given the technological advances in frame building, and the fact these new trail bikes are much more capable, then i can see why noel has no imediate plan to launch a delirium.

hmmmmmmmm maybe a podium is on the cards then for me ha ha ha.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    then i can see why noel has no immediate plan to launch a delirium.

hmmmmmmmm maybe a podium is on the cards then for me ha ha ha.
    You're definitely on track here. Since both the Chilcotin and Podium are cleared for a 180mm fork, the potential for crossover builds create an awful lot of overlap into the 'pedal-to-freeride' category. I break it down this way:

If you want a bike with 2 front chainrings because you do 'x' amount of climbing to get to the goods: choose Chilcotin with a 180 fork with 1.125 steertube and a ZS lower headset cup.

If you want a bike with a single ring up front because you do more traverse riding, shuttling, or parks: choose Podium with a 180 fork.

Then when you introduce SRAM XX1 into this equation, on either bike, your setup possibilities continue to multiply.

I'm sure by the end of this summer we will start seeing some Podiums with dropper posts. When I ride my Podium at Big Bear there is about a 1/2 mile traverse back to the lifts, and it sure is a luxury to have the uninterrupted seattube, so I can jack my uncut 410 Thomson up to climbing mode for the ride out.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

I'm sure by the end of this summer we will start seeing some Podiums with dropper posts.
    I don't feel stupid now using my dropper post on the Podium at Whistler last fall! lol

I should post pictures of my Chilcotin with the 650b's on it, but THAT would make me feel stupid! not lol
    Ibis HD3
    Niner Rip9 RDO
    Niner WFO
    Knolly Podium

Perpetual Hack
    I never understood the aversion to dropper posts on big rigs.
    Unless you get dropped off at the start of the trail, and end your run at the lift line, there is always some traversal to be done.
    Whilst not a Podium, I do run my Delirium with a dropper post when riding the lifts. There is a 1+ km ride from the top of the lift line to the trails at the "Far end" of the hill. Love watching people pedaling with their knees around their ears and being totally burnt by the time they get to the trail head.

People, it is not a fashion show. Raise your seat !! if only by a couple of inches - think of your knees!!

...and yes, when I can find a large ver 1 podium in my price range, it will have a full length post and quick release until I get a dropper for it...

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    Alright then, Chilcotin update. Give it the Delirium's 4xFour (no seat tube pivots) and Podium's fancy one-piece chainstay, along w/ 10mm more travel. There's your diverse product line.
    Yse, thats the ticket

J:
    mbtr memebr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    oh.. ahh
    Last edited by J:; 01-24-2014 at 12:24 PM.

mtbr member
    If the market for a Delirium is too small, what about making the new Podium adjustable? The new Podium has shorter stays, so the only thing it really needs is the ability to alter the BB height and HT angle. Bottom line, more Podium sales because it can cover a larger range of uses.

After getting my Chilcotin set up more like the Delirium used to be, they are very close in how they feel. The updated rocker/shock bolt for the Chilcotin should be enough of a durability improvement to cover the bases of the Delirium for the majority of riders.
    Last edited by bubba13; 03-18-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

Just roll it......
    I'm curious who, other than say the pro's: Doerfling or Buehler, would really push a Chilcotin hard enough to require a 180mm Delerium?

If you put an avy shock and a 180mm fork on the Chilcotin, what wouldn't people feel comfortable riding on it where the Delerium would put them over that edge? I just ask because I've ridden some legit gnarly stuff on my bike and I've not felt underbiked (with a 36, RP23, steep mode, etc.) . Mind you, I'm not talking about true DH shuttle trails, rather my FR trails in in Bellingham plus the "XC" trails in Whistler, Squamish and Pemberton.

I'm not saying some folks wouldn't buy them, but I think the gap between the Podium and Chilcotin is so narrow (depending on the build), that I'd probably focus on a different bike if I were Noel, while continuing to refine the Chili as needed.

EB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post
    I'm curious who, other than say the pro's: Doerfling or Buehler, would really push a Chilcotin hard enough to require a 180mm Delerium?

If you put an avy shock and a 180mm fork on the Chilcotin, what wouldn't people feel comfortable riding on it where the Delerium would put them over that edge? I just ask because I've ridden some legit gnarly stuff on my bike and I've not felt underbiked (with a 36, RP23, steep mode, etc.) . Mind you, I'm not talking about true DH shuttle trails, rather my FR trails in in Bellingham plus the "XC" trails in Whistler, Squamish and Pemberton.

I'm not saying some folks wouldn't buy them, but I think the gap between the Podium and Chilcotin is so narrow (depending on the build), that I'd probably focus on a different bike if I were Noel, while continuing to refine the Chili as needed.

EB
    I asked this simple question before- can the Chilcotin handle the same abuse as the Delirium? If it can, which seems to be the general consensus, then it is a non-issue - the Chilcotin and Podium are more than adequate. If Chilcotin can't, there is room for a Delirium for those who pedal to the top and try to hit obstacles on the way down. I realize this rider segment is probably evaporating. And, it is not the riding like Doerfling and Buehler that worries me. A "non-pro" rider cases jumps, lands harder, isn't as smooth, slams into stuff, causing more abuse than the pro riders. And it isn't the occasional case, it is the repetitive case. The pros are riding tiny bikes with minimal travel at crankworx.

I have gotten better as rider because of the Delirium, which has allowed me to become smoother and more confident, but only after some mistakes. This is why most of us purchased a Knolly. Every day we push and progress we face new fears and go faster, which are fun. I rather pedal a heavier bike uphill knowing that on the downhill that my skill is the limiting factor (again taken within reason). However, we know that Noel can make a lighter, better Delirium - hence that potential reality is exciting. Speaking of reality, the mountain bike core group tends to be a bunch of older guys that still like to play in the woods, but this core has families, jobs, responsibilities so most want to ensure their safety while risking it at the same time (i.e. calculated risk).

It is cool to see that the Chilcotin can handle the abuse, and since its start, its capability has been sliding toward the more aggressive. It has even gotten to the point, where I would seriously like to try one - especially with all of the sweet builds popping up.

More information about durability will put this question to rest.
    Last edited by Dude!; 03-18-2013 at 05:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    An updated Delirium would be my next bike.

I've thought about pushing the chili or podium a bit to act like a 7 inch fr bike but I just think that I'd be happier at the bike park on something a bit more forgiving than the Chili and riding trails on something a bit less downhilly? as the podium. (*** this is all speculation based on geo measures, angles and other "paper" bs - actually riding one of these in that configuration might change my mind but I don't want to make the investment just to see) Since I'm a bike nerd here's my breakdown from last year: 25 shuttles, 16 bike park days, 6 pedal rides. I think a 7 inch bike matches up pretty good with that. There are enough pedal days and shuttles which require some effort to rule out a dh bike for me. having 2 bikes would be the simple answer but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I can respect that a company wants to be making products that are marketed to a large enough segment to make it profitable. By no means an industry insider, it seems like there certainly still is a strong following for the 7 inch bike. Add to that the fact that a lot of bike companies are dropping their fr bikes, it actually makes the share a bit bigger for the companies who are keeping theirs in the line-up. However unscientific the silly pinkbike polls are, about a month ago there was about 3000 people who said a 7 inch fork would be their next fork, compared to about 4000 who are going for a dual crown. My point is that maybe we think of downhill as having a huge following and forget that the burly single crowns are getting almost as much love. And of course the Delirium is the perfect match for a 7 inch fork...

mtbr member
    The Podium actually pedals very well for a DH bike. You could easily go with the DB Air and a single crown and be very happy. The amount of pedal rides might justify a seat dropper for those days!? We have pedaled the Podium on several occasions, Vivid Air/66RC3, and it really is a great bike in that form. The DB Air will only improve that performance. I'd say you are more leaning towards the FR Podium than waiting for a bike that has no timeline at the moment.

We call it the Dodium...half Podium half Delirium.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

Just roll it......
    Even taking Dom's thoughts a bit further to make the podium more FR friendly.

If you were to add a new XX1 (1x11) type of setup that gets you a gear range that allows you to pedal the bike uphill and without spinning out on the descents. My DH bike has a terrible gearing combo for anything but down (36T & 25-11 combo), so even with those other items, it would still stuck for pedaling on anything resembling an up.

Muttonchops was riding both his Delerium and the Chili on his gnarly stuff - which is uber tech stuff. He sold the Delerium. That doesn't speak to it's Chili's durability yet, but Dave-man rides hard and beats the piss out of his stuff, so we should know soon enough.

EB

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    The Podium actually pedals very well for a DH bike. You could easily go with the DB Air and a single crown and be very happy. The amount of pedal rides might justify a seat dropper for those days!? We have pedaled the Podium on several occasions, Vivid Air/66RC3, and it really is a great bike in that form. The DB Air will only improve that performance. I'd say you are more leaning towards the FR Podium than waiting for a bike that has no timeline at the moment.

We call it the Dodium...half Podium half Delirium.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpcaser View Post
    An updated Delirium would be my next bike.

I've thought about pushing the chili or podium a bit to act like a 7 inch fr bike but I just think that I'd be happier at the bike park on something a bit more forgiving than the Chili and riding trails on something a bit less downhilly? as the podium. (*** this is all speculation based on geo measures, angles and other "paper" bs - actually riding one of these in that configuration might change my mind but I don't want to make the investment just to see) Since I'm a bike nerd here's my breakdown from last year: 25 shuttles, 16 bike park days, 6 pedal rides. I think a 7 inch bike matches up pretty good with that. There are enough pedal days and shuttles which require some effort to rule out a dh bike for me. having 2 bikes would be the simple answer but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

I can respect that a company wants to be making products that are marketed to a large enough segment to make it profitable. By no means an industry insider, it seems like there certainly still is a strong following for the 7 inch bike. Add to that the fact that a lot of bike companies are dropping their fr bikes, it actually makes the share a bit bigger for the companies who are keeping theirs in the line-up. However unscientific the silly pinkbike polls are, about a month ago there was about 3000 people who said a 7 inch fork would be their next fork, compared to about 4000 who are going for a dual crown. My point is that maybe we think of downhill as having a huge following and forget that the burly single crowns are getting almost as much love. And of course the Delirium is the perfect match for a 7 inch fork...
    Well, seeing your name is Jump "Caser" I would go with the Podium! But seriously, this isn't a hard decision. You can easily come to a conclusion by building the Chilcotin up with a 170 or 180 fork paired with a coil shock or build the Podium with a 180 fork and DB air. I have both of these bikes and the Chilcotin I have with a 170 fork and DBair has done everything DH exceptionally well = 20 foot drops to the steep and gnarly...The only reason I got the Podium was to spread out the love and out of curiosity because the Chilcotin is so good. What more do you want?

mtbr member
    Delirium update?-p1210256.jpg

Love the ol' girl...keeps on truckin'... does everything I ask of her..goes up .. goes down.. loves to please after all these years.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

J:
    mbtr memebr
    So jealous on that Green, sweet!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1210256.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	782993

Love the ol' girl...keeps on truckin'... does everything I ask of her..goes up .. goes down.. loves to please after all these years.
    Yep.. even the old DT is still a great bike. I've been riding mine exclusively for the past month while waiting on my chilcotin and am continually amazed at its awesomeness.

Having said that.... now that the Chili is here and I realize that it will do everything that the DT will do (within my skillset).... but weighs 7-8lbs less (definitely don't miss that extra weight on the big climbs) and has better geometry and riding position, I'm not quite as sad to have sold it.

I am going to miss that 66RC3 fork though. Can't wait to try a 180 fork and big dh tires on the chili at a resort.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Well since I started this thread, I might as well chime in. I reinvested in my delerium last summer. I have the 2010. I think I got it in 2011 I think. One of the last ones from knolly. I simply love the bike. It is super plush and my friends that have newer bikes really admire it and wish their bikes were so plush. Initially it was 38.5 lbs. after my reinvestment lighter rims, tires bash guard, etc, it is 34.5 lbs. do not get me wrong, it is not built weak. It still has the fox Dhx in the rear and a fox float up front, all 180 and a gravity dropper. It is a great bike for knarly Moab terrain. It is a bit heavy for pedaling all day in the desert, but I do not like to pedal all day in the desert and pedaling in the desert is over as soon as it heats up in may. The bike is great for desert down hill and mountain downhill and yet at 34.5 lbs, it pedals really well for long distances. Some of my friends that have gone with lighter less travel bikes have broken their frames, so I sort of wonder if some of the trends to lighter bikes may have a downside of cracked frames,stress fractures. I would love to have the chili, but I can not justify it at this point due to cost and a lot of dudes seem to be building their chilis up to 33 and 34 pounds, so no need to switch at this point. I just see too many high quality bikes getting stress fractures where the riders ride often because I think the bike frames are too light, not enough material in them. It would be nice to see a new delerium, but maybe th chili will cover it. However perhaps the chili will show some stress issues when ridden too far out of its range. Other bikes in the same category from high end brands made with the same process are breaking. Will the chili be different? I doubt it. I think the trend will go back to a heavier bike in the end. Do not let those major bike brands that have a lot of money and engineering tell u their bikes are not stress fracturing, because if you look around Moab or any bike town, you will find that the frames are failing. People are riding a lot and the frames are failing because they may be built too light.

mtbr member
    Thanks Deerhill! ...love the green...still shines all cleaned up in the sun with those gold flakes in the paint! Thanks also for the insight krob... I might look at the chilli next year but don't know yet....still happy with the DT. I keep things for a long time and ride the snot out of them...like everyone else here. But seeing some chillis in person makes me drool. Those guys actually stare at my BC green DT in awe..like seeing a dino on the trail...ha.

Delirium update?-2013-pics-039.jpg Delirium update?-2013-pics-053.jpg
    good ride.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    lovin my 2010 delirium too! would be great if it could be upgraded into the next delirium!

have ppl asking if i would think of selling it, seeing how it is one of the few delirium where i am, and also after they sit on it, they have this "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh" face.
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1210256.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	202.0 KB 
ID:	782993

EXACTLY.....I'm about 2010 lbs with gear, just over 40, been riding mtbs since I grew out of BMX's and dropped road riding for fear of cars. My D-T just got a 1x9 (old drivetrain with shimano 12x36 cassette and RaceFace 30th chainring), and new bearings (after 4x12months of riding) and she just keeps keeping up......................I used to outgrow or brake bikes, now I just add new tech. for much less money!
    ---to qualify, I live in the pacific northwest, ride all year, usually in the wet and lived and rode Whistler for 4 years and the north shore for 1 year too.
    ---------I have tried quite a few bikes as I have budgeted to replace this bike with a more current AM or Trail bike to suite my desire to pedal more, but I have absolutely not found a worthy successor.

I guess Noel better start learning how to engineer obsolescence or a shorter fatigue life into his bikes, cuz I just can't justify replacing this thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzes

I guess Noel better start learning how to engineer obsolescence or a shorter fatigue life into his bikes...
    Rest assured that we will NEVER, EVER do either of those two things!

Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

J:
    mbtr memebr
    : DT650 BC Green

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    : DT650 BC Green
    anno. green or a rotten cedar orange/red for this old forest bear

J:
    mbtr memebr
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzes View Post
    anno. green or a rotten cedar orange/red for this old forest bear
    hmm, I like a fine bead blast.. Haven't had ano in green yet, finish would make it nice and rich up close

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    hmm, I like a fine bead blast.. Haven't had ano in green yet, finish would make it nice and rich up close
    hmmmm stealthier for non-CRD sanctioned stuff?...just kidding

J:
    mbtr memebr
    Heck I would take tennis ball fur if it had the d's linkage

mtbr member
    I love my Delirium too and ride it often..
    But if Knolly build a new and lighter Delirium Frame, I will buy it
    Delirium update?-delirium2014.jpg

mtbr member
    The Chilcotin is essentially the bike you are describing. 'New and lighter Delirium Frame'

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You are likely right, but now the marketeers are saying that 26 inch bikes are dead and 27.5 is the future whether you like it or not. Therefore, the conclusion is that one must buy a Warden because the Chili and Delirium are the living dead? I do not know if I agree with the marketing push that is going on. Granted I would like a Warden and it would be my pick of all the 650b right now, but is the Warden going to out perform the Chili?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The Chilcotin is essentially the bike you are describing. 'New and lighter Delirium Frame'
    Really depends on how your Delirium is built up. I'm running mine with a 'park bike'/freeride type build: 180 mm single crown fork, coil rear, no dropper, 1x10. Built it for Whistler and jumps.

While I'm sure that either the Chilcotin or Podium would work fine for that sort of riding, I already have a 130 mm bike for climbing and I don't do any real gnar DH. If I'm going to drop a few thousand on a frame I might as well get something tailored to my riding style. Unfortunately that represents a pretty small market segment.

Personally I'm not going to replace my Delirium any time soon. Banshee Darkside looks pretty nice though...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm with Cerebroside on this one. I actually just bought a second delirium just in case mine cracks....

J:
    mbtr memebr

Good job! tennisballfur

Apparently 27.5" 36 fork has been spotted (finally 20mm w/ b offset)..

Perpetual Hack
    Delirious ramblings to follow...

While I still ride my Delirium as my trailbike, it has pretty much finished its DH duty now that I have the Podium.
    I still throw on the 66 when my son decides to join me to play at the lift.
    I also still have my old Delirium-T which my son uses as his trailbike - but bugs me to ride the Delirium with the 66 instead of the DT with the Wotan for lift days.

In light mode it still runs 35 lbs with 170 front and rear is really not the best for trails, just flattens them out. Even the fun stuff trail side seems to be alot smaller than it actually is. But it does sure make up for it on the way down.

If I could trade the Delirium ( hell even both ) for a new style Endorphin, I think I would be set.
    Endo and Podium for teh old man - the kid can ride the Rocky Slayer with the Wotan, and maybe i'll throw the 66 on it for him if behaves....

The Delirium (especially the non -T version) did make an awesome single bike, especially with two wheelsets and two forks....
    (I ran two wheelsets instead of constantly changing tires and eventually stretching out beads etc etc blah blah.)

If back to a single bike, then I would be looking into the same bracket again, I'll suffer on the trail to rail it at the park.
    Tis a bit weird, as I will probably never be in the need of the same type of bike again, however I am a bit sorry to see it go.
    Maybe after 3 various Deliriums and adding the Podium last year, I'm ready to move on to a small travel trailbike.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    Delirious ramblings to follow...

While I still ride my Delirium as my trailbike, it has pretty much finished its DH duty now that I have the Podium.
    I still throw on the 66 when my son decides to join me to play at the lift.
    I also still have my old Delirium-T which my son uses as his trailbike - but bugs me to ride the Delirium with the 66 instead of the DT with the Wotan for lift days.

In light mode it still runs 35 lbs with 170 front and rear is really not the best for trails, just flattens them out. Even the fun stuff trail side seems to be alot smaller than it actually is. But it does sure make up for it on the way down.

If I could trade the Delirium ( hell even both ) for a new style Endorphin, I think I would be set.
    Endo and Podium for teh old man - the kid can ride the Rocky Slayer with the Wotan, and maybe i'll throw the 66 on it for him if behaves....

The Delirium (especially the non -T version) did make an awesome single bike, especially with two wheelsets and two forks....
    (I ran two wheelsets instead of constantly changing tires and eventually stretching out beads etc etc blah blah.)

If back to a single bike, then I would be looking into the same bracket again, I'll suffer on the trail to rail it at the park.
    Tis a bit weird, as I will probably never be in the need of the same type of bike again, however I am a bit sorry to see it go.
    Maybe after 3 various Deliriums and adding the Podium last year, I'm ready to move on to a small travel trailbike.

michael
    mykel.
    thats what i have now new endo and podium, and i have to say they are perfect for my requirements, i use both mainly as my whistler play bikes, the endo is my xc / trail bike, built light(ish) at 30lb, and the podium is my park bike, again light build at 34lb. after spending the last 4 years on a 09 delirium t, and a very short time on a 11 delirium, both of wich i liked, i have to say these new crop of knollys are definatly better, much more fun to ride.
    though at the moment back home here in the uk, im really liking the new 2014 stylus,