No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005

Delirium T ... repurposed

Several weeks ago, I picked up an '09 XL Delirium T frame from Pinkbike and built it up as a heavy-duty Arizona trail bike.

I rode it a few times and was super-impressed with how well it pedaled for such a heavy rig. That said, it was hard to live with a 37-ish pound "trail bike."

Ended up trading something else for another Titus El Guapo as an everyday rig and had enough parts laying around to rebuild the DT as a mini-DH bike (single ring, Saint brakes, Flow/Hadley wheels with Spec. DH casing tires, Fox Vanilla 36 180, etc.).

Got to take it out for a few shuttle runs on South Mountain today. Impressive for any rig, but doubly so for a 6-inch bike with a 7-inch fork. The rear suspension is so plush, absolutely ate up all the square-edged stuff on SoMo. Spent a couple runs down Geronimo getting the fork dialed then had a nice run down upper National and 24th St.

Awesomized by dbozman1173, on Flickr

mtbr member
    NIce. This is how I'd been running my DT the last year or so and loved it for the fast, rough, choppy descents like Geronimo and 24 th St.

The combination of plush, active suspension, super stable tracking, and weight really allow it shine in this type of terrain....... and it still climbs pretty dang well if you've got the legs.

The buddy I sold my DT to 2 months ago finally came and paid me and picked it up this weekend and I had some sentimental moments seeing it go. It's a great bike. So stiff. So stable. So plush.

I see you've got it set in the shortest wheel base. Try the longer wheel base setting and it gets even more stable/DH worthy.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Thank you, sir. I'll try a longer wheelbase setting. This will be strictly a shuttle bike (minus whatever pedaling is involved on those shuttle rides). I'm thinking it'll eat up the stuff on Mingus and up in Flag.

In retrospect, I have to say the suspension action on this Knolly, even with relatively short travel, is superior on South Mountain terrain to any DH bike I've actually owned or ridden. Very impressive. If the fork had anywhere near the same damping as the rear, I'd be dangerous!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    What's wrong with a 37 lb trail bike?!?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Very nice! and thanks for the chainguide!