Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delirium ?'s

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Delirium ?'s

So I've been looking into new bikes and am liking what I've been hearing about the delirium. It just doesn't look like I'll be able to pick one up though from what I've been reading. Is that just because of the manufacturing move overseas? Is there a rough date out there as to when they'll be available? Any info will be appreciated since I am new to all things Knolly.

I am looking for a strong burly bike that will bomb down but that I can still pedal up. Others on my list are the Cove G-spot and pivot firebird. Should I write the Delirium off or is it worth the wait.

mtbr member
    We don't know..... and no one will tell us. Hopefully by mid-late Spring??
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

pedal up
    Dec 2009

the bike

Quote Originally Posted by induction View Post
    I am looking for a strong burly bike that will bomb down but that I can still pedal up. Others on my list are the Cove G-spot and pivot firebird. Should I write the Delirium off or is it worth the wait.
    there is a frame or2 out there. depends what size you're looking. also some used options opening up.

never ever "write the Delirium off" its just too good a bike there maybe no equal for what it is / does.

my friend just got his hands on a Firebird and though i've yet to have thrown a leg over it and point it down... man, nice bike. he's ripping schit he's never done before. and i'm a little jealous on the ups as it certainly is a more AM, climbing friendly steed. i'd say the Firebird is more like the Chilcoltin than the Delirium and maybe as hard to get as either of the Knolly's.

i waited 9months for my Delirium and whatever bike you think is "the one" for you... wait, its worth it.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    OP- what size/color are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I definately need a large. I really love the blue, but frame color isn't too important.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    I cant believe it!!...what am I doing?!?....MUST BE NUCKING FUTS!!

pm sent

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Check with calgarybicycles.com They might be the only one to have the delerium. If you can get one, you will not regret it. It is one great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    I cant believe it!!...what am I doing?!?....MUST BE NUCKING FUTS!!

pm sent
    Am I to understand that you just offered to sell your Large Delirium to the OP?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    I am thinking about it, maybe make the move to a lighter rig and a podium. loves me some delirium- AM I crazy? cause I could just hook the Podium and lighten the D up to 34ish....which really is far off what a stout build on a chili might be.

What's a fair price for a minty D with CCDB whose only issues are chipped paint? with CC headset installed of course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    I am thinking about it, maybe make the move to a lighter rig and a podium. loves me some delirium- AM I crazy? cause I could just hook the Podium and lighten the D up to 34ish....which really is far off what a stout build on a chili might be.

What's a fair price for a minty D with CCDB whose only issues are chipped paint? with CC headset installed of course.
    No, not crazy. The chili will give you a bit more separation if you pick up a podium and it's always fun to check out the newest and the latest.

How long have you had your Delirium? I'd give you $1000 cash right now for that frame/ shock/headset combo ..... but that's probably not a "fair" price. If it's in pretty good shape and is only a year old I'd think you should be able to get $1500-$2000(?)

What's the Chili cost?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

At KRob

KRob....

I read your review a little bit back about the Cove G-Spot. Excellent review and the bike sounds the same. I've heard one other person say all positive things about it as well, but those are about the only two reviews and actually the only things I've heard about it period. The "D" and g-spot are on the short list as I stated earlier but I can't find much info on it at all.

I ran into a new employee at the lbs today and he said he use to race for Brodie, and Cove is their sister company. He said the g-spot is too burly and cheaply made. He said they use a cheaper aluminum and therefore must use more of it to strengthen the frame. He tried steering me away from it, but he was also a pivot dealer...trying to sell me on the Firebird.

Just a long way of asking you if you felt anything "cheap" or negative about the G-spot when you rode it.

Thanks for your time.

mtbr member
    KRob....

I read your review a little bit back about the Cove G-Spot. Excellent review and the bike sounds the same. I've heard one other person say all positive things about it as well, but those are about the only two reviews and actually the only things I've heard about it period. The "D" and g-spot are on the short list as I stated earlier but I can't find much info on it at all.

I ran into a new employee at the lbs today and he said he use to race for Brodie, and Cove is their sister company. He said the g-spot is too burly and cheaply made. He said they use a cheaper aluminum and therefore must use more of it to strengthen the frame. He tried steering me away from it, but he was also a pivot dealer...trying to sell me on the Firebird.

Just a long way of asking you if you felt anything "cheap" or negative about the G-spot when you rode it.

Thanks for your time.
    I'm no expert in judging weld quality and stuff like that but the G-Spot seemed to be pretty well made to us. We didn't see anything about it that made us believe it wouldn't hold up.

Having said that, I don't know much about Cove as a company other than what people have said here and they seem to have a good reputation for making good, burly, North Shore worthy bikes. I think the G-spot costs nearly as much as a Delirium so I'd certainly do some research before plunking down the cash.

The Firebird also seems to be very well made and beautifully designed.... but I'd pick the more active feeling G-spot or Delirium over the Pivot any day (A lot of people like them though).

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Get the delirium if you can. It's the perfect heavy AM to mini dh sled that can be pedaled up all but the steepest of hills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping somebody would tell me they are all good bike, get one and go ride.

I really hate waiting and especially hate it when I have no idea how long I need to wait. I'll do some demo rides of the other bikes and try and hold off. It sounds like she's worth waiting for.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Here is your next bike. Best price you can find.

Just listed. $2600!

Knolly Delirium T LARGE - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Send me an email and I'll shoot over pictures.

jamesmattoxllc@yahoo.com

So I've been looking into new bikes and am liking what I've been hearing about the delirium. It just doesn't look like I'll be able to pick one up though from what I've been reading. Is that just because of the manufacturing move overseas? Is there a rough date out there as to when they'll be available? Any info will be appreciated since I am new to all things Knolly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Here a pic of the bike for sale.

Picture

Quote Originally Posted by Knolly Biker View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Except he is looking for a Delirium......not a DT.

Buzz

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Except he is looking for a Delirium......not a DT.

Buzz

Exactly. I appreciate the offer, but I do want the newer Delirium. Anyone else out there wanting to unload a large?

mtbr member

Mine is for sale

For the right price. $2500 Shipped FIRM.
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I was hoping someone from Knolly (Dusty...you out there?) would chime in with something official, but when I was hemming and hawing between a Podium and a Delirium, I was told that there might not be a 2012 D, but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for. Of course, for me that just made the decision to plunk down a deposit on a Podium that much easier

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    huh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    You need to come down to around 1800, warranty is non-transferable, which must be priced in.

edit: assuming that's frame only

mtbr member
    You guys dont get it. Supply and Demand. I dont want to sell it but for the right price maybe?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You guys dont get it. Supply and Demand. I dont want to sell it but for the right price maybe?
    Oh, Mine's always been for sale @ $10,000, but there's no way I'd consider letting it go for $2500.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaumaturge View Post
    , but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for.

Did you get any info on what exactly would be worth waiting for?

mtbr member
    To stir the pot....if you got $2500 - what would you buy, which would be considered a suitable replacement?

mtbr member

Pot Stirred!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    To stir the pot....if you got $2500 - what would you buy, which would be considered a suitable replacement?
    Well my first choice would be the new 12/13 Delirium of course. But if I sold this frame now I get a feeling that the next generation Delirium probably wont be sitting in my garage by next May. I dont think the Chili is capable enough for my kind of riding, I know Dusty is going to say it is but I dont think so. I dont think anyone makes a suitable replacement yet. A couple of bikes that I have always wondered about would be:
    Morewood Kalula
    TR 250
    Late 2012 Titus El Guapo which is rumored to have 170mm rear travel, 142x12 rear, 66 HA.
    Both the Transition and Morewood have basically single pivot rears which I know I would be disappointed in.

mtbr member
    Well my first choice would be the new 12/13 Delirium of course. But if I sold this frame now I get a feeling that the next generation Delirium probably wont be sitting in my garage by next May. I dont think the Chili is capable enough for my kind of riding, I know Dusty is going to say it is but I dont think so. I dont think anyone makes a suitable replacement yet. A couple of bikes that I have always wondered about would be:
    Morewood Kalula
    TR 250
    Late 2012 Titus El Guapo which is rumored to have 170mm rear travel, 142x12 rear, 66 HA.
    Both the Transition and Morewood have basically single pivot rears which I know I would be disappointed in.
    I agree not much out there that competes with the Delirium - hence my question and its corresponding value

Flacko
    Mar 2006

Zachtly!!

craigs is a bit newer but with a vivid. so I don't think $2000+ is out of line for mine with CCDB.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaumaturge View Post
    I was hoping someone from Knolly (Dusty...you out there?) would chime in with something official, but when I was hemming and hawing between a Podium and a Delirium, I was told that there might not be a 2012 D, but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for. Of course, for me that just made the decision to plunk down a deposit on a Podium that much easier
    The Chilcotin is so capable that Noel has gone back to the drawing board on the Delirium, to re-establish it's position as our flagship long-travel, do everything(dare I say "freeride?") model. Expect newly stylized tubing, expect it to be jammed packed with new features, and most importantly... expect a short hiatus in 2012. For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out. You won't regret it.
    Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member

Ummmmm!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    The Chilcotin is so capable that Noel has gone back to the drawing board on the Delirium, to re-establish it's position as our flagship long-travel, do everything(dare I say "freeride?") model. Expect newly stylized tubing, expect it to be jammed packed with new features, and most importantly... expect a short hiatus in 2012. For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out. You won't regret it.
    Then what is it now, the Delirium? It is all that and it climbs.

Still not seeing the Chili being capable of what y'all are thinking it can handle. Hope it does, but there would be now way that I would ever consider it a FR vehicle. You can send one up our way and we'll put her to the test.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    I love my delirium and would still love too try a chilcotin for comparison just to see findo out if it lives up too the hype. For the next delirium I would like a 64 to 65 degree head angle when run with a 180mm fork that way I can ditch the angle set I have in the current delirium.

pedal up
    Dec 2009

think it's fair...

if it's just gotta few rides on it and in good shape the price is reasonable in my mind.

wouldn't let my XL with a CCDB go for a penny less.

like buying a rare, classic car...

it'll get what'll fetch.

mtbr member

If that's the case, it seems like it would be an easy thing (and smart) to do a batch or two of the current Deliriums at the new welding facility in Tawain that would help fill the void between now and when the new Delirium is actually available a year (or more) from now.

KRob------->Not a marketing genius.
    Last edited by KRob; 11-10-2011 at 10:59 AM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    If that's the case, it seems like it would be an easy thing (and smart) to do a batch or two of the current Deliriums at the knew welding facility in Tawain that would help fill the void between now and when the new Delirium is actually available a year (or more) from now.

KRob------->Not a marketing genius.
    New vendor means all new tooling, means all new design, means long lead time. This applies to all the models, so he had to choose an order, and freeride/park has the lowest demand in terms of volume.

Chilcotin, Podium, Endorphin, Delirium, ???, ???, ???, ...

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    Then what is it now, the Delirium? It is all that and it climbs.

Still not seeing the Chili being capable of what y'all are thinking it can handle. Hope it does, but there would be now way that I would ever consider it a FR vehicle. You can send one up our way and we'll put her to the test.
    I hope nobody around here is mistaking stress test data for intended purpose. The Chilcotin is not a freeride bike.

pedal up
    Dec 2009
    New vendor means all new tooling, means all new design, means long lead time. This applies to all the models, so he had to choose an order, and freeride/park has the lowest demand in terms of volume.

if say one were to place an order for a XL Chilcotin today when would one be realistically be getting their sweaty hands and butt upon it?

mtbr member
    I hope nobody around here is mistaking stress test data for intended purpose. The Chilcotin is not a freeride bike.
    This is confusing!!!!

Can you please explain the Knolly website description of the Chilcotion -"All Mountain - Freeride" ?

"Super versatile in design with two head angle / BB height options: set it up as a climbing friendly rig or low and slack for trail and "park shredding". Does "park" equate to a ton of abuse, big hits, etc?

You said
    "For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out." This sounds like "freeride"

The words thrown around this forum = lighter than the Delirium, but stronger = replace your Delirium and it can handle the same aggressive "freeride" riding.

We just want an honest description so that we can plan our bike purchases/selling correctly.

EDIT - my view of the Chilcotin - it is an AM bike that can probably handle a bit more - skill help in this arena. It is designed around an air shock to keep it light (1 lb lighter), but will work well with a coil. It is based around 160mm fork (which tend to be 1 lb lighter). Since the 170mm Lyrik fork is a popular AM fork, Knolly bumped the front travel to include this fork. This is not meant to squeeze a Van 180 or Marz 66 on this bike with a zero stack- wrong intent.
    Last edited by Dude!; 11-10-2011 at 08:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    This is confusing!!!!

The words thrown around this forum = lighter than the Delirium, but stronger = replace your Delirium and it can handle the same aggressive "freeride" riding.

We just want an honest description so that we can plan our bike purchases/selling correctly.
    I've spent more than a few years of my professional life dealing with measurements, automation, data acquisition, sensors, tests.....blah blah........the honest answer is that it is confusing. There are numerous variables which can never be sufficiently accounted for in a single sentence. It should really have been left out of the discussion because it's a huge can of worms, even for someone with intimate knowledge of the respective tests.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    I've spent more than a few years of my professional life dealing with measurements, automation, data acquisition, sensors, tests.....blah blah........the honest answer is that it is confusing. There are numerous variables which can never be sufficiently accounted for in a single sentence. It should really have been left out of the discussion because it's a huge can of worms, even for someone with intimate knowledge of the respective tests.
    I respectfully disagree - it may take more than 1 sentence, but you should be able to describe the primary intent of a bike including gray areas such that the customer base is informed and educated. This is the goal of the marketing folks and the sales folks. They need to be on the same page. Some one more articulate than me should be able to define this.

The reason for the original intent = warranty/liability. If you use the bike outside of its original intent it is your risk and the company is not liable.

I was adding this to my reply...
    EDIT - my view of the Chilcotin - it is an AM bike that can probably handle a bit more - skill help in this arena. It is designed around an air shock to keep it light (1 lb lighter), but will work well with a coil. It is based around 160mm fork (which tend to be 1 lb lighter). Since the 170mm Lyrik fork is a popular AM fork, Knolly bumped the front travel to include this fork. This is not meant to squeeze a Van 180 or Marz 66 on this bike with a zero stack- wrong intent.

The gray areas - if you are light weight or super smooth, you shouldn't have problems pushing the bike beyond its intent. If you are only hitting one 20 footer per ride than it should be okay. If you plan to session aggressive areas - you probably should be on a bigger bike.

mtbr member
    hi there.
    as i'm considering to biy me a d, i was bit of dissapointed to hear that there won't be a 2012 release (or just a late season one).
    at the moment i'm really thinking about waiting for it or go for an uzzi. despite some personal preferences of some members here, i would like to know a few things:
    does the d climb so good as one can read so often using 2 rings crank?
    my actual bike is a bullit with app 34lbs and it climbs quite reasonably. any comparison by anyone?

@dusty: will there be a clearer difference between the chili and d? what i mean is will the d become more fr oriented than it is now or will it continue to be a burly am/enduro?

last question: anyone from germany here with a d? pls send me a pm then.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by biobike View Post
    if say one were to place an order for a XL Chilcotin today when would one be realistically be getting their sweaty hands and butt upon it?
    XL's should be abundant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I respectfully disagree - it may take more than 1 sentence, but you should be able to describe the primary intent of a bike including gray areas such that the customer base is informed and educated. .
    Yeah, my comment was only about injecting the stress test results into the discussion of intended use. Too little info, too much potential for customers to incorrectly extrapolate Chili = Delirium.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alfredo View Post
    i would like to know a few things:
    my actual bike is a bullit with app 34lbs and it climbs quite reasonably. any comparison by anyone?
    I use a 3 ring on my Delirium (22/32/44) and it climbs perfectly well. Moving from the Endorphin to the Delirium has not slowed me down anywhere and has increased speed/confidence in more than a few places.

As I said in another thread, my large is for sale: $10,000

I can't wait to see what Noel has in store for 2013, Delirium wise.

mtbr member
    yeah, that's what i use on my bullit, too. but maybe i go for a 2x9 on my next bike...
    but sounds very good.
    pity is that here in germany you can hardly find one at the moment as the distributor ran out of d's. he tried to draw my attention on a chili but i feel more attracted by the d.

mtbr member
    I would love a 180mm rear travel delirium w/ 12x142, 64/65 HA. A bit beefier tubing but the same weight as the current version.

mtbr member

This is fun!

So, let me get this straight. Park/FR is lowest yet you are changing the Podium? They are making it more poppy, closer to the Delirium. They are, supposedly, changing the Delirium to distance it from the Chili, which in turn brings it closer to the Podium. It is now starting to make sense......NOT!

The V-tach/DT world was much simpler.

If the Delirium is getting burlier, ie the V-tach, then it pushes it out of the realm of what I love it for. A bike that I can pedal to the top of any mountain yet huck it off a cliff. It appears to me that the Chili is now going to be that "pedal up any mountain bike and be able to huck it off a rock" bike. The Delirium will be a "push/pedal it on the North Shore and huck it off a Mountain" bike. The Podium will be a FR/DH bike that can handle the stuff that the Delirium did, but it will be a great park bike.

....any nails on heads here?
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    So, let me get this straight. Park/FR is lowest yet you are changing the Podium? They are making it more poppy, closer to the Delirium. They are, supposedly, changing the Delirium to distance it from the Chili, which in turn brings it closer to the Podium. It is now starting to make sense......NOT!

If the Delirium is getting burlier, ie the V-tach, then it pushes it out of the realm of what I love it for. A bike that I can pedal to the top of any mountain yet huck it off a cliff. It appears to me that the Chili is now going to be that "pedal up any mountain bike and be able to huck it off a rock" bike. The Delirium will be a "push/pedal it on the North Shore and huck it off a Mountain" bike. The Podium will be a FR/DH bike that can handle the stuff that the Delirium did, but it will be a great park bike.

same impression that i have... any insight on this one would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alfredo View Post
    hi there.
    as i'm considering to biy me a d, i was bit of dissapointed to hear that there won't be a 2012 release (or just a late season one).
    at the moment i'm really thinking about waiting for it or go for an uzzi. despite some personal preferences of some members here, i would like to know a few things:
    I climb my D with a 1x10 and I can say for what it is it does climb very well. Mine is built up around 36lbs. and I can say I prefer pedalling it against my buds 34lb. Bullet. Most of my buds have 6x6 bikes. On techy climbs we're about even unless they are super long then I start falling back. On the flat climbs/straightaways I can keep up/lead for a couple of minutes then I get smoked. And of course I kill it on the downhills and drops and stunts.

That being said I do have a Chilcotin on order to replace my D as my main rig. There simply isn't enough big hit riding in my area to need something as burly as the D and there are finally 6x6 bikes that are being built strong enough and have the geometry I want. I still love the D and will be keeping it to use as my DH/FR bike for the days at the lift.

Bnerd

Interesting!

I very much like the questions being posted for the comparisons between the Delirium and the Chilcotin.

From what Dusty Bottoms is saying he is leading me to believe that I should be able to ride a Chilcotin down the Canadian Open trail in the Whistler Bike Park. I say this because that is what I do on my Delirium.
    However, in reality I know that the Chilcotin wouldn't stand up to the abuse. I am a coach for the WBP and my "one" bike is the Delirium. Is what DB saying true, is that I can switch to the Chilcotin and expect the same ride as the Delirium everywhere I ride it?

mtbr member
    I think if the Chili was the Delirium replacement you would be seeing 180mm forks on it. I had a 160mm fork on my DT at first, it made it a trail bike. When I went to a 180mm fork is when the bike came alive. The recent video with the Chili, that is all trailriding stuff, I didnt see any drops or big gaps? Sure he rode it fast but he has probably ridden that trail 500 times.

mtbr member
    I wanna see the coastal crew ripping it up on chilis!

mtbr member
    I think if the Chili was the Delirium replacement you would be seeing 180mm forks on it. I had a 160mm fork on my DT at first, it made it a trail bike. When I went to a 180mm fork is when the bike came alive. The recent video with the Chili, that is all trailriding stuff, I didnt see any drops or big gaps? Sure he rode it fast but he has probably ridden that trail 500 times.
    i hope you're rite... interested to see if the d will keep the balance between fr and am. but i think this will take a few more months if not one year to reveal...

mtbr member

Not gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by monstertiki View Post
    I wanna see the coastal crew ripping it up on chilis!
    They ride for Scott now. You might see the guys from "Stund" on Chilis!?

mtbr member
    They ride for Scott now. You might see the guys from "Stund" on Chilis!?
    That would be great to see them on chili's. I know really good riders can make riding a tricycle look good, but I just wanna see the chili's in action.

mtbr member

Lars on a Covert

That would be great to see them on chili's. I know really good riders can make riding a tricycle look good, but I just wanna see the chili's in action.
    I didnt like this bike at all. Looks like he can make the best of it though.
    <object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/223540/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/223540/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object><p><a href="http://www.pinkbike.com/video/223540/">The Decision</a> on <a href="http://www.pinkbike.com">pinkbike.com</a></p>

Knomer

Regardless of perceived "priority" pertaining to what to produce and when, every model is going thru re-design due to the fabricator change. This is a good thing, allowing Noel to deliver the bikes exactly as he conceptualized them, no sacrifices. As far as intended purpose, I actually think the lineup is extremely simple to understand.

I have a 32 pound Chilcotin and a 39 pound Delirium and there is absolutely no confusion about what bike to ride and when.

mtbr member

KRob-------> Obviously not a manufacturing genius either. I figured you just e-mail the factory a set of plans, they plug in the numbers to there jigs and weld away. Shows what I know.

Wow, the D is pretty far down the priority list. That makes me sad.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I wish we had trails like that in Vancouver. (I'm talking about trails that won't kill you if you screw up.)

J:
    no E:
    I just wanna see the chili's in action.
    I seen it sent off pretty good, not sure where that thread is (and I consider that trail as a little moar than trail riding)

*link
    Last edited by J:; 11-11-2011 at 06:25 PM.

mtbr member

Here ya go...

This is a very good rider on a Chili making it look like it can handle anything!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/24249022?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/24249022">James Doerfling Evil Eye Halfrim</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4702699">Solos Productions</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member

Chilcotin and Delirium Questions:

First off - a huge thank you to everyone for your patience this year - It certainly was not what we had planned at all, but in the end, it's going to be way better moving forward! The Chilcotin is just the start of a completely new design phase for Knolly and we are very, very stoked on what's coming out in the future!

Yesterday I received an e-mail from a current Knolly customer looking for information on the Chilcotin and how it integrated into our product line. I think my answer will help clear up a lot of questions here and give an overall view of our newest frame

Here is the e-mail that I received:

I am in a quandry. I've been one bike guy for a while due to space and geography. My locale didn't really call for a DH rig. so I've lugged a 37 lb highline now Delirium on AM epics just to have a capable big rig for 10 rides a year. gotten pretty good at it too. Me loves delirium

Anywho looking at a moving the family to a locale where a podium is warranted(but not needed, HA!) and so maybe the Delirium could be traded for a chili. You know what I am driving at..... if you've got a real DH rig a lil more spread is maybe nice? but maybe not at the sacrifice of versatility in your AM rig. which of course what makes the D so nice. also the 2013 Delirium sounds super sick but it is a way off.

So ultimately the 567844 gazillion $ question is this: how much am I going to miss the D on the shuttle stuff if my chili is built burly with lyric and CCDB coil? of course this is only relevant until I build said podium or on road trips where I can only bring 1 whip

How proven is the chilli on shredding the shuttley big descent gnar? I've read reviews claiming the Chili is more like a bigger endo than a smaller D. this leads me to reservations about a long relationship with the chili given my current lover. Maybe a dude should just lighten up his Delirium now that a Podium is in the works. it could cetainly be dieted down to 34 ish

thanks

And here is my reply:

Hey XXXX!

Ha ha - awesome e-mail and yes, I totally - I mean TOTALLY - understand your quandary here!

We are - frankly - a bit in the same boat here at Knolly as well. First off, we are SUPER stoked on the Chilcotin's performance. There is a lot of talk on the forums about where it fits in the line up compared to the other frames: Podium, Endorphin and in particular, the current Delirium frame. Here is my take:

The Chilcotin is definitely closer to the Delirium than to the original Endorphin. Even though design wise it looks closer to the Endorphin, please remember that it has 160mm of travel: the Endorphin as 140mm, the original Delirium T has 165mm and the current Delirium has 170mm. So, strictly comparing travel, the Chilcotin is more in line with the Delirium series of frames.

Additionally, it has many of the features that the Delirium (and previous Delirium T) have: 12mm thru axle, ISCG05 tabs, 1.5 head tube, and adjustable geometry.

In terms of performance, I would put it here: climbing wise and pedalling wise, it's simply the best bike that we've ever produced in this aspect and will be until the new Endorphin is released in 2012. In terms of it's technical descending ability, it's virtually on par with the original Delirium T: it's super solid, tracks awesome, can handle some good sized hits, and can really be pushed around a lot when needed. It gives probably 90-95% of the descending ability of the current Delirium frame, assuming the same suspension set up front and rear. For most customers, tire selection and their fork / rear shock combination will limit it's descending capabilities much more so that the frame itself.

In terms of pure strength and fatigue resistance, this is a frame that we have tested quite aggressively: we have been riding these frames seriously, as have our test riders. Also, it has been through a fair bit of destructive testing as well, and we are testing this bike to a much higher standard: closer to DH bikes than to traditional Trail / AM frames. The front end is possibly the strongest that we've ever built. However what you're really asking me is how badly can you abuse the bike: and, my answer as the designer and manufacturer is that you shouldn't abuse ANY bike. This frame uses high end aluminium alloys and it is tough: it will handle some serious riding for sure, but if your technique is not that great and you're still "learning how to huck stuff", then this probably isn't the frame to learn on. Tough? yes. Indestructible? Well, of course not.

So, can it handle the abuse that the Delirium can? Well, when the new Delirium came out just over two years ago, we got a lot of flack because people said that it was a pound lighter than the Delirium T and hence, it was going to be weaker. The truth is that it is a lot stronger and more capable frame. As of today, I could redesign the current Delirium, make it even stronger and still probably remove at least half a pound or so of weight out of it. Oh wait - that's exactly what I'm doing right now! That's just my increasing experience and also access to better alloys and testing and manufacturing facilities. I honestly think that we'll see very few issues with the Chilcotin: it is a really well designed bike and has been tested thoroughly. However, if you absolutely know that you're a 180mm single crown with 38-40mm stanchions guy, then you're going to want a Delirium. Where the Chilcotin fills the gap really nicely is for the Delirium (and Delirium T) customers who have their frames built up with 160 - 170mm forks: Lyrics 160 - 170, Marz 55s, Fox Talas 36 series (in 160 - 170mm travel), etc... In almost every one of those situations, the Chilcotin is - overall - going to out perform the Delirium frames. If you're a 180mm coil front and rear guy, building up dedicated FR rigs in the mid to high 30 pound frame weight and jumping big stuff all day long, then the Delirium is definitely the bike for you.

Another thing that we haven't mentioned here much is the new CCDB-Air shock: this shock is going to revolutionise air suspension in the mid and long travel frame market: it is REALLY good - far beyond any other high volume air shock on the market. This rear shock - combined with perhaps a more FR oriented fork (Lyric 170DH, 36 Van or Marz 55 170mm) will give you a VERY technically competent frame while still maintaining a reasonable build weight. This is a pretty serious point as well, as you can definitely over drive the RP23 in serious riding situations. The RP23 will definitely handle a lot, but if you really push it, you'll find its limits: this is where the CCDB-Air takes over: minimal weight penalty and a BIG step up in performance.

But really, you already know what the ultimate answer is as you've already said it in your e-mail: two bikes. Get a new Podium frame and get a Chilcotin: if you're concerned about the Chilcotin's absolute descending performance, then ensure that you set it up correctly - at least two sets of tires (single ply for pedalling rides and dual ply for shuttles / super technical riding) and you can decide where to optimize the suspension setup. In your case, I would go CCDB-Air and a good DH oriented 160 - 170mm fork as I've mentioned in the previous paragraph in either air or coil.

Cheers and thanks for the support!

So, hopefully that helps clear up a bunch of the questions on where the Chilcotin fits into the line up: since we're in the process of redesigning every model right now, you can probably do the math to see how our 2012 and 2013 products are going to line up.

As Dusty Bottoms (Kevin) has stated, the Chilcotin is the first product from our 2012 bike line to hit the market: in limited quantity now and in much larger quantity starting in 2012. Next in line will be the new Endorphin and the new Podium - here are their specs:

Endorphin:
    140mm (5.5") of travel:
    Recommended Fork Travel: 140-150mm (and down to 130):
    head angle: 67* at 150mm and 68* and 130mm
    ISCG05
    142 x 12mm
    44mm head tube (so you can run 1.5 Taper forks on this frame

Podium:
    215mm of travel (8.5")
    Recommend Fork Travel (200mm)
    Head angle: 64*
    ISCG05
    1.5" head tube (49mm)

I won't say much about the Delirium as it's primarily going to be a 2013 model: but I will say that all of you that are commenting on what it "should become" will be very stoked - in fact, I have a lot planned for that bike but I'm not prepared to get into any of those details at this time.

Cheers!
    Last edited by knollybikes.com; 11-11-2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

Multiple Lines Rock
    Where can I demo a medium Chilcotin and subsequently place an order for one in AZ?

mtbr member

All Hail...He has spoken!

Uhm....When can I pre-order a 2013 Delirium?
    Last edited by craigstr; 11-16-2011 at 07:12 PM.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=knollybikes.com;8621880]First off - a huge thank you to everyone for your patience this year - It certainly was not what we had planned at all, but in the end, it's going to be way better moving forward! The Chilcotin is just the start of a completely new design phase for Knolly and we are very, very stoked on what's coming out in the future!

Noel,
    Good to have you back! Your involvement with your customers and the way you handle your business are two of the main reasons I am a new, proud Knolly owner.

Looking forward to a great 2012.

Cheers,
    TG

mtbr member
    Uhm....When can I pre-order a 21013 Delirium?
    Dial: 1 800 DSTYBTM and send your money!!!

In all seriousness, you can definitely talk to Kevin about 2013 Deliriums: however we are a ways away from releasing information on this frame and are currently fully focused on shipping Chilcotins and getting the Endorphin and Podium through the last stages of pre-production and into full on production for next season.

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=G-AIR;8622093]
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    First off - a huge thank you to everyone for your patience this year - It certainly was not what we had planned at all, but in the end, it's going to be way better moving forward! The Chilcotin is just the start of a completely new design phase for Knolly and we are very, very stoked on what's coming out in the future!

Noel,
    Good to have you back! Your involvement with your customers and the way you handle your business are two of the main reasons I am a new, proud Knolly owner.

Looking forward to a great 2012.

Cheers,
    TG
    Thanks TG for your support and compliments!

I'll aim to get back in the forums a bit at a time - it's been a long while since I've posted here and hope to participate a more as my schedule allows.

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member

Just kidding Noel.

In all seriousness, you can definitely talk to Kevin about 2013 Deliriums: however we are a ways away from releasing information on this frame and are currently fully focused on shipping Chilcotins and getting the Endorphin and Podium through the last stages of pre-production and into full on production for next season.

Cheers!
    Sounds like it will be worth the wait, I want to get a pre-order in when you start taking them for sure.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update Noel. You've confirmed to me that the Chilcotin is probably the perfect bike for what I do....... and made my decision even harder with your teasings about the 2013 Delirium.

I'm kinda of kicking myself now for not reworking my trip so I could've taken you up on the offer to ride the Chilcotin at Hurricane after I-bike.

Do you think you might have rideable prototypes of the Delirum at I-bike next year?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Thanks for the update Noel. You've confirmed to me that the Chilcotin is probably the perfect bike for what I do....... and made my decision even harder with your teasings about the 2013 Delirium.

I'm kinda of kicking myself now for not reworking my trip so I could've taken you up on the offer to ride the Chilcotin at Hurricane after I-bike.

Do you think you might have rideable prototypes of the Delirum at I-bike next year?
    Hey KRob:

Interbike 2012 is a long ways away and we haven't even begun considering what we'll do there next year. And, it's simply way too early to give any comments about the Delirium, apart from the vaguest sense of what we're doing design wise on the bike.

Yes, too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up in Hurricane - it would have been great to see you and get a chance to ride together! The Chilcotin that I'm riding has a CCDB-Air shock on it right now and I think it would be a perfect match for your riding style once it's out in the market in a few months.

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Noel, great to have you back. In Europe the BOS shocks are highly regarded and I was wondering if you have had an opportunity to try the new VIPr air shock? I'm considering putting in an order for the Chilcotin frame only and fitting one but was interested to read your positive comments on the CCDB air.

1+1
    going for a ride
    Noel, great to hear from you again and thanks for making me realize I need a bike that I didn't know I needed till now. But, no seriously though the Chili is what I need right, further out riding to mark new trails and still make it back in one piece.

mtbr member
    Hey Noel,

Glad to hear your internet voice!!! Thanks for the clarification. I am still on hold for the Endo SL - any idea on potential time frame for this one?

To follow-up on your response, how much better climber is the Chilcotin than the Delirium (ie similar builds)?

As you know, we switch our Delirium builds around (a lot), I just reduced the travel on my Fox 180mm Float to 160mm because of wet, winter, and night riding ahead -also Muttonchops/Bubba13 described preference of the Delirium in this mode.

I understand that the Delirium won't climb as well with aggressive builds, but with an AM build I would assume the Delirium and Chilcotin will climb very similar? ie the geometry numbers are nearly identical with a 160mm fork, there is 10mm of more travel, and the frame weight - I consider this aspect a non issue as the weight spread over the whole bike and is not rotational weight.

This is the part that has hung me up on this bike from the beginning......I am interested in your thoughts so that I can get past this issue.

Again - very glad to see back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Jamie

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Well folks, looks like some time late next year, or early the year after, I'll have a L raw Delirium up for sale .

Perpetual Hack
    or you could have my White L Delirium. Gotta have a bit o colour choice

Roll on Spring Time!
    Well looks like everyone is excited Knoel is back on the net.
    But come on we need Delerium info. I am prepared to wait on my mini DH bike decision of I know the new Delerium will hit the spot. Guess I will be making a call to get some hints.

I too am interested to hear how the delerium and Chili compare with similar setups as I am looking for a Fox Float to be set 160/170mm and running a Vivid/CC air.
    I just want to ride.

BC
    mtbr member
    Noel Lives !!.
    Good to have you back. Great info on the Chilcotin. After your comments you've got me wondering about the new Endorphin. I've really enjoyed my 4 years on the original. Awesome trail bike and even a trip to the bike park was a blast (I know.. beyond intended use, but I'm little). Will the new Endorphin be as capable as the original ?, or is it Chilcotin territory ?.
    Currently running a 160 coil fork and CCDB coil shock for trail riding. Sorry if this is a bit premature, but had to ask.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Delirium ?'s

Welcome back Noel!!

On the same note as Lakesnake, I was wondering what changes we can expect to see in the new Podium and when in 2012 should it be out? I currently own a Delirium and use it for everything (xc, am, dh). But since everyone's stepping up, I'm thinking of getting a DH bike and lighten the Delirium for purely AM. Should I hold out for the new Podium?? How big a difference would it have on the current version?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by john85D View Post
    Welcome back Noel!!

On the same note as Lakesnake, I was wondering what changes we can expect to see in the new Podium and when in 2012 should it be out? I currently own a Delirium and use it for everything (xc, am, dh). But since everyone's stepping up, I'm thinking of getting a DH bike and lighten the Delirium for purely AM. Should I hold out for the new Podium?? How big a difference would it have on the current version?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Noel is in Mexico all week for a wedding, so you'll have to settle for this...

The Podium is going thru re-design just like every other model, because of our fabrication partner change. The Podium however, will see the fewest refinements to raw geometry since it's already situated where Noel(and the rest of the world) seem to like the design. Plan on new stylized tubing and some other small tweaks, and plan for production to be shipping around April-May.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Bring back the V-Tach. The Original Knolly.
    Never had a bike that could get me into so much trouble!

mtbr member

Is that still available?

Additionally, it has many of the features that the Delirium (and previous Delirium T) have: 12mm thru axle
    I have had a rear dropout problem since I took my Delirium out of the box. I use Hope Bolt ons and I had to file the opening on the hanger side big enough to accept either a 10mm RWS or the bolt on. I also had to have a shop straighten the hanger when the bike was new. To this day I have trouble getting the rear wheel on. Anyhow, I need to replace the hanger and if 12x135 dropouts are still available, how can I get them?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Noel is in Mexico all week for a wedding, so you'll have to settle for this...

The Podium is going thru re-design just like every other model, because of our fabrication partner change. The Podium however, will see the fewest refinements to raw geometry since it's already situated where Noel(and the rest of the world) seem to like the design. Plan on new stylized tubing and some other small tweaks, and plan for production to be shipping around April-May.
    Sounds like nothing much rather than aesthetic changes and probably less weight, which gives me the option to get the current Podium if I find any. Still hoping I could get more details though. Thanks for the quick reply though Dusty! Now on to the hunt.

mtbr member
    Any bike can get you into trouble.....its the good ones that will help get you out of it

mtbr member

I called that number. They didnt know anything about bikes, but i did send money and received a happy ending........

mtbr member
    Hey everyone - glad to be back on here a bit and thanks for the stoke! DB is correct and that is that I'm out of the office right now, so please don't expect immediate replies, though I will do my best to provide information when I can.

Regarding the new 2012 Endorphins and Chilcotins:

The way to really think about this is by fork choice: if you're looking at a 32mm stanchioned fork (i.e. Fox 32, Magura Thor, Marz 44, RS Revelation) in 140 - 150 (or maybe down to 130mm) length, then the new Endorphin is the bike for you. If you're looking at a 35-36mm stanchioned fork in 160 - 170mm travel (i.e. Fox 36, lyric, Marz 55, etc...) then the Chilcotin is the bike for you.

The original Endorphin was initially designed for forks in the 130-140mm travel range. however, about 80% of customers started running 160mm forks on these frames. The new Endorphin is designed to be a true trail bike and use forks in the 140 and 150mm travel range primarily, whereas the Chilcotin is designed to be an All mountain frame and use primarily 160mm forks, or 170mm for customers who want to ride really aggressively with the frame. 150mm forks in 35-36mm stanchions will also be OK on the Chilcotin, but 150mm 32mm stanchion forks will probably start to get over ridden by the frame's stiffness.

There are no hard rules here, and we're obviously not going to criticise a rider for putting a 150mm Fox 32 on a Chilcotin, but it's really not the frame's intended application and a 170mm 36 on a new Endorphin will not be that frame's intended match either (and will void the frame's warranty).

For the record, the Chilcotin will pretty much out perform the original Endorphin in every situation and if a customer has an original Endorphin built up with a 160mm 35-36mm stanchioned fork, and is looking to upgrade the frame, the Chilcotin is the correct model. If the customer has something similiar to a Revelation or Fox 32 on an original Endorphin and is looking to upgrade the frame, then the new Endorphin is almost certainly the right choice.

Re: Podium changes - these will be in some ways subtle as Dusty said, but there is a lot going on for sure. The complete bike is being redesigned from scratch: the changes are the most minimal geometry and suspension wise compared to the other products, but the frame is getting a complete overhaul and of course i'm going to do my best to continue to increase performance, feature set, etc... as much as possible. There is no point in re-tooling the frame and not pushing it forward as far as we can! What Dusty is referring to is that we don't think that it needs too much in the way of a geometry update, but there is definitely going to be some minor tweaking done here and there geometry wise and of course, some major changes to the frame as the design will be completely new. Think Chilcotin compared to original Endorphin: same frame layout, but completely new materials, tubing, CNC, etc... The new Podium will be a pretty sick bike and we are very stoked to get this to market in 2012!

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Roll on Spring Time!
    Knoel - what if we what a Delerium with more travel and Dual crown capabilites or a podium with shorter stays? Any chance the new Podium will cover this or possibly the new Delerium?

I would so be up for a 180mm Delerium with DC possibilities(just for those big trips). The rest of Delerium is 100% perfect and no change required. The Podium has a touch more suspension than I need but I could live (suspension setup goes a long way) head angle a touch too slack (angle cups will fix) but I really need shorter stay. The Delerium option would just be better and I am prepared to hold out for another year.

Just asking.
    I just want to ride.

BC
    mtbr member
    Thanks Noel,
    That's the confirmation I was looking for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    Knoel - what if we what a Delerium with more travel and Dual crown capabilites or a podium with shorter stays? Any chance the new Podium will cover this or possibly the new Delerium?

I would so be up for a 180mm Delerium with DC possibilities(just for those big trips). The rest of Delerium is 100% perfect and no change required. The Podium has a touch more suspension than I need but I could live (suspension setup goes a long way) head angle a touch too slack (angle cups will fix) but I really need shorter stay. The Delerium option would just be better and I am prepared to hold out for another year.

Just asking.
    These exact changes are in the works:

The new Podium's chain stays are about 17.25" long and this is the single biggest change to the geometry on the frame (at least regarding "on paper specs"). Rear travel is essentially unchanged at 215mm (8.5") and the rest of the geometry is pretty much the same as well (64* head angle, BB height, etc...). The only other major addition will be an XL Podium frame size which will be designed to fit riders in that 6'4" and above height range (or you lanky 6'3" ers...!).

The new Delirium will be DC compatible, but seriously, this frame is a long ways away from being ready for the market as it's still in the design phase. Of all of our models, the Delirium's changes are the most significant and there is a LOT for me to figure out in this frame. It will definitely take some time...

Given the travel amounts of the new models (Endorphin at 140mm and Chilcotin at 160mm) I'm sure that you know the Delirium won't stay as a 170mm travel frame. I know everyone is hungry for information on this frame,but as I said earlier, I'm not prepared at this point to give out any more information on the 2013 Delirium until it's much closer to being released.

Cheers,
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Just when I've decided to get the current Podium, now with Noel's reply, I'm quite unsure. Thanks for enlightening us though Noel. So do I wait 6 months for the changes or get the current one and ride the hell out of it, specially since the dry season is coming in pretty soon. I'm pretty excited with the changes that Noel has pointed out but I'm also excited to build and ride that DH bike. Hmmm.....decisions decisions. Wish I could get to see at least a drawing of the upcoming Podium to wet my appetite but I know that would be asking too much.

Thanks again for the update Noel!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks to Noel for concisely worded info!

My $.03 to those on the fence about getting a current model, or waiting, etc...

Life is uncertain; a bike now beats a bike later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    BTW - I loved the design of the head angle adjuster on the V-Tach, just say'n.

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

These exact changes are in the works:

The new Podium's chain stays are about 17.25" long and this is the single biggest change to the geometry on the frame (at least regarding "on paper specs"). Rear travel is essentially unchanged at 215mm (8.5") and the rest of the geometry is pretty much the same as well (64* head angle, BB height, etc...). The only other major addition will be an XL Podium frame size which will be designed to fit riders in that 6'4" and above height range (or you lanky 6'3" ers...!).

The new Delirium will be DC compatible, but seriously, this frame is a long ways away from being ready for the market as it's still in the design phase. Of all of our models, the Delirium's changes are the most significant and there is a LOT for me to figure out in this frame. It will definitely take some time...

Given the travel amounts of the new models (Endorphin at 140mm and Chilcotin at 160mm) I'm sure that you know the Delirium won't stay as a 170mm travel frame. I know everyone is hungry for information on this frame,but as I said earlier, I'm not prepared at this point to give out any more information on the 2013 Delirium until it's much closer to being released.

Cheers,
    Thanks Noel...great info

Any chance the Podium chainstays will be available to pre-2012 Podiums as an aftermarket option?

Any chance to just refine the current Delirium to keep disgruntled current Delirium owners happy, who prefer this version to stay actually the way it is and call the 180mm version the V-Tach?

I love the current Delirium - to me - it is the best bike (as shown by my many posts). If it was lighter and stronger - even better, but don't change anything else.

Besides - Enjoy the Tequila!!!

Cheers
    Jamie

mtbr member

There's an idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    BTW - I loved the design of the head angle adjuster on the V-Tach, just say'n.

Hey Noel, welcome back! Hopefully you're on a beach enjoying some coffee, a paper and your family.

Anyways, bring it back, in the form of the Verilium! Refine the Delirium. Keep the geo's and lighten it up a bit. Make the Verilium your true FR/Mini DH. THis was your original bike so make it a masterpiece.

A bit longer CS's, a degree or two slacker ST, a bit slacker HA and 180 front and rear with DC capabilities. Throw in the 142 x 12 trendy rear end for all that want it.

You do realize that you're messing with near perfection when you start tinkering with the masterpiece, aka the Delirium. That bike, well I can't say enough of how versatile it is and how amazing it feels to me and anyone, I mean anyone, who gets the privelage to throw a leg over. Just saying......

Enjoy you holiday!

Dom

mtbr member
    I suppose you want a free frame for choosing the name?

mtbr member
    @noel.
    you must feel a bit like santa claus hearing all the wishes about how the delirium should be...
    but it shows that it might not fit in all the demands by us custies. for me i might now look for a chili or a 2011 delirium if i get one here in germany

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Exactly!

I suppose you want a free frame for choosing the name?
    Figured one of you clowns would go there. Nope. Not if he redesigns the Delirium. I'd be pleased if he used the name....speaks a lot to what the bike used to, can and will do!

Verilium.....sorta rolls off the tongue with STRONG definition!

mtbr member
    I've been going back and forth between a Delirium and a Chilcotin. After that email that Noel posted on here I've been leaning towards a Chilcotin. My question is how will a Chilcotin handle an occansional trip to Whistler?

Roll on Spring Time!
    Dont change the name. The Delerium is the best of the best and the name shoud stick. Currently I would take the Delerium I have right now over any bike offered to me. I really hope there wont be any dramatic changes since it does it all. With the new technology which is allowing Knoel to lighten frames I doubt the weight will go up even if the travel gets bumped and it can take a DC fork. 180mm would be sick, having the option to run it at 160mm would be ultimate. We all know the Delerium does everything, while I am looking for a true mini DH bike I would love to see the new Delerium retain its versatility. I would still rather suck it up and pedal my 39lb Delerium on long rides than ride a lighter less capable bike.To fit my wish list it doesnt need many changes at all. Just 10mm out back with option for SC and DC fork. Every single other aspect of the bike is so dialled.

Stoked to hear the Podium is getting shorter stays, it may be a big contender.

By the time I am even remotely close to thinking about getting my next rig the Podium should be out and there should be some more detailed info about the Delerium. I am just soo stoked there is something in the future that is Knolly.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe76LJC View Post
    I've been going back and forth between a Delirium and a Chilcotin. After that email that Noel posted on here I've been leaning towards a Chilcotin. My question is how will a Chilcotin handle an occansional trip to Whistler?
    That's how I plan on using my Chilly. It will be my every day rig with the occasional trip to the lifts. I figure with the Chilly I'll end up focusing on the buffed out jump trails and I'll use the Delirium for DH days and when I want to push myself to go bigger.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    I am prepared to wait on my mini DH bike decision if I know the new Delerium will hit the spot. Guess I will be making a call to get some hints.

I don't think it takes too much imagination to figure out what he's doing with the Delirium based on the hints he gave above. And I don't think you have to worry about whether he'll hit the spot. Noel seems to be pretty good at that.

Let me take a stab and start the year long e-speculating game (You know we love it).

Edit: I wrote this before reading Noel's reply below so I'll update a few guesses.

2013 Delirium
    -175-180 mm travel (Is adjustable travel a possibility? Say 165 and 180?)
    -1/2 lb lighter than current D using some of the same hydraformed shapes as the Chili
    -HA adjustable between 66 and 65 with 180 single crown fork
    - Dual crown compatible
    -BB height 13.8-14.2"
    -I think he'll use the same linkage/shock location as the current D.... but someone else speculated he'd switch to the Endo/Chili configuration
    interchangeable dropouts with 12x142 spacing standard

Am I on the right track, Noel?
    Last edited by KRob; 11-16-2011 at 05:58 PM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast