Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Delirium ?'s

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Delirium ?'s

So I've been looking into new bikes and am liking what I've been hearing about the delirium. It just doesn't look like I'll be able to pick one up though from what I've been reading. Is that just because of the manufacturing move overseas? Is there a rough date out there as to when they'll be available? Any info will be appreciated since I am new to all things Knolly.

I am looking for a strong burly bike that will bomb down but that I can still pedal up. Others on my list are the Cove G-spot and pivot firebird. Should I write the Delirium off or is it worth the wait.

mtbr member
    We don't know..... and no one will tell us. Hopefully by mid-late Spring??
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

pedal up
    Dec 2009

the bike

Quote Originally Posted by induction View Post
    I am looking for a strong burly bike that will bomb down but that I can still pedal up. Others on my list are the Cove G-spot and pivot firebird. Should I write the Delirium off or is it worth the wait.
    there is a frame or2 out there. depends what size you're looking. also some used options opening up.

never ever "write the Delirium off" its just too good a bike there maybe no equal for what it is / does.

my friend just got his hands on a Firebird and though i've yet to have thrown a leg over it and point it down... man, nice bike. he's ripping schit he's never done before. and i'm a little jealous on the ups as it certainly is a more AM, climbing friendly steed. i'd say the Firebird is more like the Chilcoltin than the Delirium and maybe as hard to get as either of the Knolly's.

i waited 9months for my Delirium and whatever bike you think is "the one" for you... wait, its worth it.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    OP- what size/color are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I definately need a large. I really love the blue, but frame color isn't too important.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    I cant believe it!!...what am I doing?!?....MUST BE NUCKING FUTS!!

pm sent

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Check with calgarybicycles.com They might be the only one to have the delerium. If you can get one, you will not regret it. It is one great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    I cant believe it!!...what am I doing?!?....MUST BE NUCKING FUTS!!

pm sent
    Am I to understand that you just offered to sell your Large Delirium to the OP?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    I am thinking about it, maybe make the move to a lighter rig and a podium. loves me some delirium- AM I crazy? cause I could just hook the Podium and lighten the D up to 34ish....which really is far off what a stout build on a chili might be.

What's a fair price for a minty D with CCDB whose only issues are chipped paint? with CC headset installed of course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    I am thinking about it, maybe make the move to a lighter rig and a podium. loves me some delirium- AM I crazy? cause I could just hook the Podium and lighten the D up to 34ish....which really is far off what a stout build on a chili might be.

What's a fair price for a minty D with CCDB whose only issues are chipped paint? with CC headset installed of course.
    No, not crazy. The chili will give you a bit more separation if you pick up a podium and it's always fun to check out the newest and the latest.

How long have you had your Delirium? I'd give you $1000 cash right now for that frame/ shock/headset combo ..... but that's probably not a "fair" price. If it's in pretty good shape and is only a year old I'd think you should be able to get $1500-$2000(?)

What's the Chili cost?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

At KRob

KRob....

I read your review a little bit back about the Cove G-Spot. Excellent review and the bike sounds the same. I've heard one other person say all positive things about it as well, but those are about the only two reviews and actually the only things I've heard about it period. The "D" and g-spot are on the short list as I stated earlier but I can't find much info on it at all.

I ran into a new employee at the lbs today and he said he use to race for Brodie, and Cove is their sister company. He said the g-spot is too burly and cheaply made. He said they use a cheaper aluminum and therefore must use more of it to strengthen the frame. He tried steering me away from it, but he was also a pivot dealer...trying to sell me on the Firebird.

Just a long way of asking you if you felt anything "cheap" or negative about the G-spot when you rode it.

Thanks for your time.

mtbr member
    KRob....

I read your review a little bit back about the Cove G-Spot. Excellent review and the bike sounds the same. I've heard one other person say all positive things about it as well, but those are about the only two reviews and actually the only things I've heard about it period. The "D" and g-spot are on the short list as I stated earlier but I can't find much info on it at all.

I ran into a new employee at the lbs today and he said he use to race for Brodie, and Cove is their sister company. He said the g-spot is too burly and cheaply made. He said they use a cheaper aluminum and therefore must use more of it to strengthen the frame. He tried steering me away from it, but he was also a pivot dealer...trying to sell me on the Firebird.

Just a long way of asking you if you felt anything "cheap" or negative about the G-spot when you rode it.

Thanks for your time.
    I'm no expert in judging weld quality and stuff like that but the G-Spot seemed to be pretty well made to us. We didn't see anything about it that made us believe it wouldn't hold up.

Having said that, I don't know much about Cove as a company other than what people have said here and they seem to have a good reputation for making good, burly, North Shore worthy bikes. I think the G-spot costs nearly as much as a Delirium so I'd certainly do some research before plunking down the cash.

The Firebird also seems to be very well made and beautifully designed.... but I'd pick the more active feeling G-spot or Delirium over the Pivot any day (A lot of people like them though).

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Get the delirium if you can. It's the perfect heavy AM to mini dh sled that can be pedaled up all but the steepest of hills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping somebody would tell me they are all good bike, get one and go ride.

I really hate waiting and especially hate it when I have no idea how long I need to wait. I'll do some demo rides of the other bikes and try and hold off. It sounds like she's worth waiting for.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Here is your next bike. Best price you can find.

Just listed. $2600!

Knolly Delirium T LARGE - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Send me an email and I'll shoot over pictures.

jamesmattoxllc@yahoo.com

So I've been looking into new bikes and am liking what I've been hearing about the delirium. It just doesn't look like I'll be able to pick one up though from what I've been reading. Is that just because of the manufacturing move overseas? Is there a rough date out there as to when they'll be available? Any info will be appreciated since I am new to all things Knolly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Here a pic of the bike for sale.

Picture

Quote Originally Posted by Knolly Biker View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Except he is looking for a Delirium......not a DT.

Buzz

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Except he is looking for a Delirium......not a DT.

Buzz

Exactly. I appreciate the offer, but I do want the newer Delirium. Anyone else out there wanting to unload a large?

mtbr member

Mine is for sale

For the right price. $2500 Shipped FIRM.
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I was hoping someone from Knolly (Dusty...you out there?) would chime in with something official, but when I was hemming and hawing between a Podium and a Delirium, I was told that there might not be a 2012 D, but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for. Of course, for me that just made the decision to plunk down a deposit on a Podium that much easier

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    huh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    You need to come down to around 1800, warranty is non-transferable, which must be priced in.

edit: assuming that's frame only

mtbr member
    You guys dont get it. Supply and Demand. I dont want to sell it but for the right price maybe?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You guys dont get it. Supply and Demand. I dont want to sell it but for the right price maybe?
    Oh, Mine's always been for sale @ $10,000, but there's no way I'd consider letting it go for $2500.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaumaturge View Post
    , but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for.

Did you get any info on what exactly would be worth waiting for?

mtbr member
    To stir the pot....if you got $2500 - what would you buy, which would be considered a suitable replacement?

mtbr member

Pot Stirred!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    To stir the pot....if you got $2500 - what would you buy, which would be considered a suitable replacement?
    Well my first choice would be the new 12/13 Delirium of course. But if I sold this frame now I get a feeling that the next generation Delirium probably wont be sitting in my garage by next May. I dont think the Chili is capable enough for my kind of riding, I know Dusty is going to say it is but I dont think so. I dont think anyone makes a suitable replacement yet. A couple of bikes that I have always wondered about would be:
    Morewood Kalula
    TR 250
    Late 2012 Titus El Guapo which is rumored to have 170mm rear travel, 142x12 rear, 66 HA.
    Both the Transition and Morewood have basically single pivot rears which I know I would be disappointed in.

mtbr member
    Well my first choice would be the new 12/13 Delirium of course. But if I sold this frame now I get a feeling that the next generation Delirium probably wont be sitting in my garage by next May. I dont think the Chili is capable enough for my kind of riding, I know Dusty is going to say it is but I dont think so. I dont think anyone makes a suitable replacement yet. A couple of bikes that I have always wondered about would be:
    Morewood Kalula
    TR 250
    Late 2012 Titus El Guapo which is rumored to have 170mm rear travel, 142x12 rear, 66 HA.
    Both the Transition and Morewood have basically single pivot rears which I know I would be disappointed in.
    I agree not much out there that competes with the Delirium - hence my question and its corresponding value

Flacko
    Mar 2006

Zachtly!!

craigs is a bit newer but with a vivid. so I don't think $2000+ is out of line for mine with CCDB.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaumaturge View Post
    I was hoping someone from Knolly (Dusty...you out there?) would chime in with something official, but when I was hemming and hawing between a Podium and a Delirium, I was told that there might not be a 2012 D, but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for. Of course, for me that just made the decision to plunk down a deposit on a Podium that much easier
    The Chilcotin is so capable that Noel has gone back to the drawing board on the Delirium, to re-establish it's position as our flagship long-travel, do everything(dare I say "freeride?") model. Expect newly stylized tubing, expect it to be jammed packed with new features, and most importantly... expect a short hiatus in 2012. For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out. You won't regret it.
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member

Ummmmm!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    The Chilcotin is so capable that Noel has gone back to the drawing board on the Delirium, to re-establish it's position as our flagship long-travel, do everything(dare I say "freeride?") model. Expect newly stylized tubing, expect it to be jammed packed with new features, and most importantly... expect a short hiatus in 2012. For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out. You won't regret it.
    Then what is it now, the Delirium? It is all that and it climbs.

Still not seeing the Chili being capable of what y'all are thinking it can handle. Hope it does, but there would be now way that I would ever consider it a FR vehicle. You can send one up our way and we'll put her to the test.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    I love my delirium and would still love too try a chilcotin for comparison just to see findo out if it lives up too the hype. For the next delirium I would like a 64 to 65 degree head angle when run with a 180mm fork that way I can ditch the angle set I have in the current delirium.

pedal up
    Dec 2009

think it's fair...

if it's just gotta few rides on it and in good shape the price is reasonable in my mind.

wouldn't let my XL with a CCDB go for a penny less.

like buying a rare, classic car...

it'll get what'll fetch.

mtbr member

If that's the case, it seems like it would be an easy thing (and smart) to do a batch or two of the current Deliriums at the new welding facility in Tawain that would help fill the void between now and when the new Delirium is actually available a year (or more) from now.

KRob------->Not a marketing genius.
    Last edited by KRob; 11-10-2011 at 10:59 AM.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    If that's the case, it seems like it would be an easy thing (and smart) to do a batch or two of the current Deliriums at the knew welding facility in Tawain that would help fill the void between now and when the new Delirium is actually available a year (or more) from now.

KRob------->Not a marketing genius.
    New vendor means all new tooling, means all new design, means long lead time. This applies to all the models, so he had to choose an order, and freeride/park has the lowest demand in terms of volume.

Chilcotin, Podium, Endorphin, Delirium, ???, ???, ???, ...

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    Then what is it now, the Delirium? It is all that and it climbs.

Still not seeing the Chili being capable of what y'all are thinking it can handle. Hope it does, but there would be now way that I would ever consider it a FR vehicle. You can send one up our way and we'll put her to the test.
    I hope nobody around here is mistaking stress test data for intended purpose. The Chilcotin is not a freeride bike.

pedal up
    Dec 2009
    New vendor means all new tooling, means all new design, means long lead time. This applies to all the models, so he had to choose an order, and freeride/park has the lowest demand in terms of volume.

if say one were to place an order for a XL Chilcotin today when would one be realistically be getting their sweaty hands and butt upon it?

mtbr member
    I hope nobody around here is mistaking stress test data for intended purpose. The Chilcotin is not a freeride bike.
    This is confusing!!!!

Can you please explain the Knolly website description of the Chilcotion -"All Mountain - Freeride" ?

"Super versatile in design with two head angle / BB height options: set it up as a climbing friendly rig or low and slack for trail and "park shredding". Does "park" equate to a ton of abuse, big hits, etc?

You said
    "For now, if you like to climb to the top of your favorite DH trail...jump on a Chilcotin before they are all sold out." This sounds like "freeride"

The words thrown around this forum = lighter than the Delirium, but stronger = replace your Delirium and it can handle the same aggressive "freeride" riding.

We just want an honest description so that we can plan our bike purchases/selling correctly.

EDIT - my view of the Chilcotin - it is an AM bike that can probably handle a bit more - skill help in this arena. It is designed around an air shock to keep it light (1 lb lighter), but will work well with a coil. It is based around 160mm fork (which tend to be 1 lb lighter). Since the 170mm Lyrik fork is a popular AM fork, Knolly bumped the front travel to include this fork. This is not meant to squeeze a Van 180 or Marz 66 on this bike with a zero stack- wrong intent.
    Last edited by Dude!; 11-10-2011 at 08:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    This is confusing!!!!

The words thrown around this forum = lighter than the Delirium, but stronger = replace your Delirium and it can handle the same aggressive "freeride" riding.

We just want an honest description so that we can plan our bike purchases/selling correctly.
    I've spent more than a few years of my professional life dealing with measurements, automation, data acquisition, sensors, tests.....blah blah........the honest answer is that it is confusing. There are numerous variables which can never be sufficiently accounted for in a single sentence. It should really have been left out of the discussion because it's a huge can of worms, even for someone with intimate knowledge of the respective tests.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    I've spent more than a few years of my professional life dealing with measurements, automation, data acquisition, sensors, tests.....blah blah........the honest answer is that it is confusing. There are numerous variables which can never be sufficiently accounted for in a single sentence. It should really have been left out of the discussion because it's a huge can of worms, even for someone with intimate knowledge of the respective tests.
    I respectfully disagree - it may take more than 1 sentence, but you should be able to describe the primary intent of a bike including gray areas such that the customer base is informed and educated. This is the goal of the marketing folks and the sales folks. They need to be on the same page. Some one more articulate than me should be able to define this.

The reason for the original intent = warranty/liability. If you use the bike outside of its original intent it is your risk and the company is not liable.

I was adding this to my reply...
    EDIT - my view of the Chilcotin - it is an AM bike that can probably handle a bit more - skill help in this arena. It is designed around an air shock to keep it light (1 lb lighter), but will work well with a coil. It is based around 160mm fork (which tend to be 1 lb lighter). Since the 170mm Lyrik fork is a popular AM fork, Knolly bumped the front travel to include this fork. This is not meant to squeeze a Van 180 or Marz 66 on this bike with a zero stack- wrong intent.

The gray areas - if you are light weight or super smooth, you shouldn't have problems pushing the bike beyond its intent. If you are only hitting one 20 footer per ride than it should be okay. If you plan to session aggressive areas - you probably should be on a bigger bike.

mtbr member
    hi there.
    as i'm considering to biy me a d, i was bit of dissapointed to hear that there won't be a 2012 release (or just a late season one).
    at the moment i'm really thinking about waiting for it or go for an uzzi. despite some personal preferences of some members here, i would like to know a few things:
    does the d climb so good as one can read so often using 2 rings crank?
    my actual bike is a bullit with app 34lbs and it climbs quite reasonably. any comparison by anyone?

@dusty: will there be a clearer difference between the chili and d? what i mean is will the d become more fr oriented than it is now or will it continue to be a burly am/enduro?

last question: anyone from germany here with a d? pls send me a pm then.

Knomer
    Quote Originally Posted by biobike View Post
    if say one were to place an order for a XL Chilcotin today when would one be realistically be getting their sweaty hands and butt upon it?
    XL's should be abundant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I respectfully disagree - it may take more than 1 sentence, but you should be able to describe the primary intent of a bike including gray areas such that the customer base is informed and educated. .
    Yeah, my comment was only about injecting the stress test results into the discussion of intended use. Too little info, too much potential for customers to incorrectly extrapolate Chili = Delirium.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alfredo View Post
    i would like to know a few things:
    my actual bike is a bullit with app 34lbs and it climbs quite reasonably. any comparison by anyone?
    I use a 3 ring on my Delirium (22/32/44) and it climbs perfectly well. Moving from the Endorphin to the Delirium has not slowed me down anywhere and has increased speed/confidence in more than a few places.

As I said in another thread, my large is for sale: $10,000

I can't wait to see what Noel has in store for 2013, Delirium wise.

mtbr member
    yeah, that's what i use on my bullit, too. but maybe i go for a 2x9 on my next bike...
    but sounds very good.
    pity is that here in germany you can hardly find one at the moment as the distributor ran out of d's. he tried to draw my attention on a chili but i feel more attracted by the d.

mtbr member
    I would love a 180mm rear travel delirium w/ 12x142, 64/65 HA. A bit beefier tubing but the same weight as the current version.

mtbr member

This is fun!

So, let me get this straight. Park/FR is lowest yet you are changing the Podium? They are making it more poppy, closer to the Delirium. They are, supposedly, changing the Delirium to distance it from the Chili, which in turn brings it closer to the Podium. It is now starting to make sense......NOT!

The V-tach/DT world was much simpler.

If the Delirium is getting burlier, ie the V-tach, then it pushes it out of the realm of what I love it for. A bike that I can pedal to the top of any mountain yet huck it off a cliff. It appears to me that the Chili is now going to be that "pedal up any mountain bike and be able to huck it off a rock" bike. The Delirium will be a "push/pedal it on the North Shore and huck it off a Mountain" bike. The Podium will be a FR/DH bike that can handle the stuff that the Delirium did, but it will be a great park bike.

....any nails on heads here?
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Park/FR is lowest yet you are changing the Podium? They are making it more poppy, closer to the Delirium. They are, supposedly, changing the Delirium to distance it from the Chili, which in turn brings it closer to the Podium. It is now starting to make sense......NOT!

The V-tach/DT world was much simpler.

If the Delirium is getting burlier, ie the V-tach, then it pushes it out of the realm of what I love it for. A bike that I can pedal to the top of any mountain yet huck it off a cliff. It appears to me that the Chili is now going to be that "pedal up any mountain bike and be able to huck it off a rock" bike. The Delirium will be a "push/pedal it on the North Shore and huck it off a Mountain" bike. The Podium will be a FR/DH bike that can handle the stuff that the Delirium did, but it will be a great park bike.

....any nails on heads here?
    same impression that i have... any insight on this one would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alfredo View Post
    hi there.
    as i'm considering to biy me a d, i was bit of dissapointed to hear that there won't be a 2012 release (or just a late season one).
    at the moment i'm really thinking about waiting for it or go for an uzzi. despite some personal preferences of some members here, i would like to know a few things:
    I climb my D with a 1x10 and I can say for what it is it does climb very well. Mine is built up around 36lbs. and I can say I prefer pedalling it against my buds 34lb. Bullet. Most of my buds have 6x6 bikes. On techy climbs we're about even unless they are super long then I start falling back. On the flat climbs/straightaways I can keep up/lead for a couple of minutes then I get smoked. And of course I kill it on the downhills and drops and stunts.

That being said I do have a Chilcotin on order to replace my D as my main rig. There simply isn't enough big hit riding in my area to need something as burly as the D and there are finally 6x6 bikes that are being built strong enough and have the geometry I want. I still love the D and will be keeping it to use as my DH/FR bike for the days at the lift.

Bnerd

Interesting!

I very much like the questions being posted for the comparisons between the Delirium and the Chilcotin.

From what Dusty Bottoms is saying he is leading me to believe that I should be able to ride a Chilcotin down the Canadian Open trail in the Whistler Bike Park. I say this because that is what I do on my Delirium.
    However, in reality I know that the Chilcotin wouldn't stand up to the abuse. I am a coach for the WBP and my "one" bike is the Delirium. Is what DB saying true, is that I can switch to the Chilcotin and expect the same ride as the Delirium everywhere I ride it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast