Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Delirium ?'s

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Delirium ?'s

So I've been looking into new bikes and am liking what I've been hearing about the delirium. It just doesn't look like I'll be able to pick one up though from what I've been reading. Is that just because of the manufacturing move overseas? Is there a rough date out there as to when they'll be available? Any info will be appreciated since I am new to all things Knolly.

I am looking for a strong burly bike that will bomb down but that I can still pedal up. Others on my list are the Cove G-spot and pivot firebird. Should I write the Delirium off or is it worth the wait.

mtbr member
    We don't know..... and no one will tell us. Hopefully by mid-late Spring??

pedal up
    Dec 2009

the bike

Quote Originally Posted by induction View Post
    I am looking for a strong burly bike that will bomb down but that I can still pedal up. Others on my list are the Cove G-spot and pivot firebird. Should I write the Delirium off or is it worth the wait.
    there is a frame or2 out there. depends what size you're looking. also some used options opening up.

never ever "write the Delirium off" its just too good a bike there maybe no equal for what it is / does.

my friend just got his hands on a Firebird and though i've yet to have thrown a leg over it and point it down... man, nice bike. he's ripping schit he's never done before. and i'm a little jealous on the ups as it certainly is a more AM, climbing friendly steed. i'd say the Firebird is more like the Chilcoltin than the Delirium and maybe as hard to get as either of the Knolly's.

i waited 9months for my Delirium and whatever bike you think is "the one" for you... wait, its worth it.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    OP- what size/color are you looking for?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I definately need a large. I really love the blue, but frame color isn't too important.

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    I cant believe it!!...what am I doing?!?....MUST BE NUCKING FUTS!!

pm sent

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Check with calgarybicycles.com They might be the only one to have the delerium. If you can get one, you will not regret it. It is one great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    I cant believe it!!...what am I doing?!?....MUST BE NUCKING FUTS!!

pm sent
    Am I to understand that you just offered to sell your Large Delirium to the OP?

Flacko
    Mar 2006
    I am thinking about it, maybe make the move to a lighter rig and a podium. loves me some delirium- AM I crazy? cause I could just hook the Podium and lighten the D up to 34ish....which really is far off what a stout build on a chili might be.

What's a fair price for a minty D with CCDB whose only issues are chipped paint? with CC headset installed of course.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by altadank View Post
    I am thinking about it, maybe make the move to a lighter rig and a podium. loves me some delirium- AM I crazy? cause I could just hook the Podium and lighten the D up to 34ish....which really is far off what a stout build on a chili might be.

What's a fair price for a minty D with CCDB whose only issues are chipped paint? with CC headset installed of course.
    No, not crazy. The chili will give you a bit more separation if you pick up a podium and it's always fun to check out the newest and the latest.

How long have you had your Delirium? I'd give you $1000 cash right now for that frame/ shock/headset combo ..... but that's probably not a "fair" price. If it's in pretty good shape and is only a year old I'd think you should be able to get $1500-$2000(?)

What's the Chili cost?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

At KRob

KRob....

I read your review a little bit back about the Cove G-Spot. Excellent review and the bike sounds the same. I've heard one other person say all positive things about it as well, but those are about the only two reviews and actually the only things I've heard about it period. The "D" and g-spot are on the short list as I stated earlier but I can't find much info on it at all.

I ran into a new employee at the lbs today and he said he use to race for Brodie, and Cove is their sister company. He said the g-spot is too burly and cheaply made. He said they use a cheaper aluminum and therefore must use more of it to strengthen the frame. He tried steering me away from it, but he was also a pivot dealer...trying to sell me on the Firebird.

Just a long way of asking you if you felt anything "cheap" or negative about the G-spot when you rode it.

Thanks for your time.

mtbr member
    KRob....

I read your review a little bit back about the Cove G-Spot. Excellent review and the bike sounds the same. I've heard one other person say all positive things about it as well, but those are about the only two reviews and actually the only things I've heard about it period. The "D" and g-spot are on the short list as I stated earlier but I can't find much info on it at all.

I ran into a new employee at the lbs today and he said he use to race for Brodie, and Cove is their sister company. He said the g-spot is too burly and cheaply made. He said they use a cheaper aluminum and therefore must use more of it to strengthen the frame. He tried steering me away from it, but he was also a pivot dealer...trying to sell me on the Firebird.

Just a long way of asking you if you felt anything "cheap" or negative about the G-spot when you rode it.

Thanks for your time.
    I'm no expert in judging weld quality and stuff like that but the G-Spot seemed to be pretty well made to us. We didn't see anything about it that made us believe it wouldn't hold up.

Having said that, I don't know much about Cove as a company other than what people have said here and they seem to have a good reputation for making good, burly, North Shore worthy bikes. I think the G-spot costs nearly as much as a Delirium so I'd certainly do some research before plunking down the cash.

The Firebird also seems to be very well made and beautifully designed.... but I'd pick the more active feeling G-spot or Delirium over the Pivot any day (A lot of people like them though).

mtbr member
    Get the delirium if you can. It's the perfect heavy AM to mini dh sled that can be pedaled up all but the steepest of hills.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping somebody would tell me they are all good bike, get one and go ride.

I really hate waiting and especially hate it when I have no idea how long I need to wait. I'll do some demo rides of the other bikes and try and hold off. It sounds like she's worth waiting for.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Here is your next bike. Best price you can find.

Just listed. $2600!

Knolly Delirium T LARGE - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

Send me an email and I'll shoot over pictures.

jamesmattoxllc@yahoo.com

So I've been looking into new bikes and am liking what I've been hearing about the delirium. It just doesn't look like I'll be able to pick one up though from what I've been reading. Is that just because of the manufacturing move overseas? Is there a rough date out there as to when they'll be available? Any info will be appreciated since I am new to all things Knolly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Here a pic of the bike for sale.

Picture

Quote Originally Posted by Knolly Biker View Post
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Except he is looking for a Delirium......not a DT.

Buzz

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Except he is looking for a Delirium......not a DT.

Buzz

Exactly. I appreciate the offer, but I do want the newer Delirium. Anyone else out there wanting to unload a large?

mtbr member

Mine is for sale

For the right price. $2500 Shipped FIRM.
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I was hoping someone from Knolly (Dusty...you out there?) would chime in with something official, but when I was hemming and hawing between a Podium and a Delirium, I was told that there might not be a 2012 D, but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for. Of course, for me that just made the decision to plunk down a deposit on a Podium that much easier

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    huh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Comes w/ a Vivid 5.1.
    You need to come down to around 1800, warranty is non-transferable, which must be priced in.

edit: assuming that's frame only

mtbr member
    You guys dont get it. Supply and Demand. I dont want to sell it but for the right price maybe?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You guys dont get it. Supply and Demand. I dont want to sell it but for the right price maybe?
    Oh, Mine's always been for sale @ $10,000, but there's no way I'd consider letting it go for $2500.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaumaturge View Post
    , but that the 2013 would probably be worth waiting for.

Did you get any info on what exactly would be worth waiting for?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast