Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I live and ride in the Kootenays, Nelson B.C. area and I consider this hard core freeriding. So the Chili wouldn't handle this area?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Perfect! Compare the 2 for me climbing, both long fire road & tech! Also general singletrack XC type pedaling! I'm sure you have specific gearing for each bike but saying if they were geared the same!
    I don't know if you are aware, but there is a thread about this topic here in the Knolly forum.

My opinions may vary depending on which bike I just rode . I now have both bikes set up with coil shocks, Fox Floats up front, and 2.4 rubber. The Delirium is 1x10 32 x 36 and Chilcotin is 2x10 26/36 x 36.

What still amazes me is how well the Delirium pedals for a big bike. I don't notice much difference when just slogging up a fire road. The Chilcotin has the advantage in uphill technical riding. I am able to get better traction with the Chilcotin, especially when it gets steep. I have run 2x gearing on the Delirium and it still does not out climb the Chilly in tech, but the gap is narrow. Basically, the D feels slightly heavier and slower. It is almost as effective at getting up that tech section and good for getting in shape!

For general single track riding I have fun on both bikes. The Chilcotin has more snap and can accelerate better. Delirium eats the chunk better. Both bikes are overkill for a good half of the riding I do, but I still have a big dumb grin on my face after every ride. I tend to forget which bike I am on and just enjoy being on the trail.

I could easily live with one or the other as my "one bike". However, the Chilcotin is the one I would keep because it is a better fit for the type of riding I do. I am a trail / AM rider that enjoys a good downhill and a few jumps. Over the past year I have noticed myself backing off on the DH and lighter, snappier bikes are where I am headed.

Hope that helps,
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I sold my Delirium T which was set up for steepness and jumps, I have to replace it and the only bike I see is the Chilli. and there are no Small framed Deliriums available.

mtbr member
    I'm considering bidding on craigstrs, beautiful frame, hopefully its not too beat up! I'm 6-2 so large will work! Buying a discontinued frame worries me, hopefully Knolly stockpiles hangers & bearings!
    Knolly has bearings, but you can also get bearings from RWC. No one in our group (5 Delirium riders) has bent a hanger yet.

As folks have said, the Delirium is an amazing bike. I can't ever see selling my Delirium. I love this bike so much I had it re-painted 6 months ago. This has been my primary bike since I got it. I ride with other Delirium riders, Santa Cruz, Turner, etc. Most of the time, the Delirium riders are near the front on climbs, but we are always at the front on the descents

It seriously is great bike that will make you smile!

Bubba13's comments are a perfect summary of the Delirium!

mtbr member

Its in great shape

I'm considering bidding on craigstrs, beautiful frame, hopefully its not too beat up! I'm 6-2 so large will work! Buying a discontinued frame worries me, hopefully Knolly stockpiles hangers & bearings!
    I take care of my stuff. It was one of the few painted frames that the paint actually stayed on. It was hardly ridden at all this year and not ridden very much the year before either. I ride my trail bike or 29r 95% of the time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    I could be wrong in my statement above, but I really don't think the Chilcotin was designed with that sort of riding in mind. Maybe it can take it, but for how long?

A good example of this is the shock hardware. The Chilcotin has 6mm bolts and Delirium has 8mm. I have heard of a few people bending the 6mm hardware on the Chilcotin...

YMMV
    True, but the 3D rockers should rectify that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eastshorebiker View Post
    I sold my Delirium T which was set up for steepness and jumps, I have to replace it and the only bike I see is the Chilli. and there are no Small framed Deliriums available.
    I am not trying to stir the pot by saying the Chilcotin and only handle this or that. But it was designed with 6mm shock hardware...not traditional FR size hardware.

If you are a lighter weight rider and need a small frame, maybe the Chilcotin will be stout enough for you?
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    I'm 6-2 220lbs geared so I'm sure I will be fine pedaling the D around! @ craigstr, hope I get my hands on it, would be cool to go to a site member who has an appreciation! I would have a 2012 white Crossmax SX wheelset and a 2013 RC2 Float (soon RC2DH Lyrik) waiting for it! Hoping to stay under 34lbs...

mtbr member
    I'm 6-2 220lbs geared so I'm sure I will be fine pedaling the D around! @ craigstr, hope I get my hands on it, would be cool to go to a site member who has an appreciation! I would have a 2012 white Crossmax SX wheelset and a 2013 RC2 Float (soon RC2DH Lyrik) waiting for it! Hoping to stay under 34lbs...
    The white wheelset would look amazing on Craigstr's Blue Delirium!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ok,
    i'm going to throw some old skool Delirium T here.
    hope you don't mind

I just finished building it up and wanted to share
    I was looking for a relatively light bike that could still take some large drops and such

It ended up weighing 40lbs, which is probably still a boat anchor to most of you
    but considering my V-Tach weighs 51lbs this bike is light and fun as hell to ride

mtbr member
    I rocked a DT for two seasons...awesome bike! Took me to the next level.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I can't understand why Knolly stopped making the Delirium when it is obviously one of the great mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I take care of my stuff. It was one of the few painted frames that the paint actually stayed on. It was hardly ridden at all this year and not ridden very much the year before either. I ride my trail bike or 29r 95% of the time.
    Yes, it looks real clean! How is the DSP? At 8.5 x 2.5 there are so many shock options!

mtbr member
    I also need to know what bottom bracket the frame takes to purchase a crankset, Google turned up nada for me. Another concern is the paint as craigstr says his is one of the few that still has paint!?

mtbr member

73mm BB

Specs are here:
    Knolly Bikes | Delirium
    Some of the first Deliriums had some paint issues, mine did not. I've got 3M tape on the downtube and headtube, the one scratch on the back of the seat tube was caused by throwing all the bikes in a van in Squamish to do shuttles, so its a battle scar from the homeland.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Specs are here:
    Knolly Bikes | Delirium
    Some of the first Deliriums had some paint issues, mine did not. I've got 3M tape on the downtube and headtube, the one scratch on the back of the seat tube was caused by throwing all the bikes in a van in Squamish to do shuttles, so its a battle scar from the homeland.
    Thanks! Yea, I have seen that but it only shows me the 73mm shell width. Is it a standard threaded, press fit etc...Good to hear on the paint! I would also like to run a CCDBAir but have not seen one mounted on the D! Any input on the Dueler?

EDIT: Never mind on the BB, looks like it is threaded! (Sorry for my lack of knowledge!)...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yeah, it's a standard euro bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    So I ended up buying craigstr's 2011 frame! Thanks man! Cant wait to get it and start the build! Any Delirium riders here in So. Cal? I would love to see one built up in person! And have more people to ride with! Hoping to get the frame early next week!

mtbr member
    So I ended up buying craigstr's 2011 frame! Thanks man! Cant wait to get it and start the build! Any Delirium riders here in So. Cal? I would love to see one built up in person! And have more people to ride with! Hoping to get the frame early next week!
    there's an avalanche woodie on pinkbike tuned for the delirium for $330. i'd get that and swap over the ti spring if it's your correct rate. it will get the most out of that frame

Avalanche Woodie 8.5" x 2.5" Rear Shock - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    there's an avalanche woodie on pinkbike tuned for the delirium for $330. i'd get that and swap over the ti spring if it's your correct rate. it will get the most out of that frame

Avalanche Woodie 8.5" x 2.5" Rear Shock - Pinkbike
    Sorry, but that isn't "tuned" for the Delirium, it was just installed and ridden for a short while on a D-T.

the ad states, seller verifies: • Dealer friendly generic valved version

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I've got your hangers and bearings over here, huckleberry. PM sent if you want spares.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    That one was very clean, mine looks like it's been whipped with a length of bicycle chain, and I still won't take a penny less than $10,000.00 for it!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Sorry, but that isn't "tuned" for the Delirium, it was just installed and ridden for a short while on a D-T.

the ad states, seller verifies: • Dealer friendly generic valved version
    oh. that's different than what i got back by pm on pinkbike. i asked what it had been tuned for and was told a delirium

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    oh. that's different than what i got back by pm on pinkbike. i asked what it had been tuned for and was told a delirium
    Remember, this was also on a D-T, not quite the same as a D, but I'm not sure what difference that makes for a tune...

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:56
    characterzero says:
    Hey there-
    I'm interested in your shock. Can you tell me how it is valved and what kind of frame it was valved for?
    Thanks,

Response:
    Sep 4, 2012 at 13:54
    erikkellison says:
    It was valved generically so that retailers could sell it and it will work with most bikes and for most riders (i.e. the middle). It would not be ideal for a very light or a very heavy rider since you would be at the end of the adjusters (presumably).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Remember, this was also on a D-T, not quite the same as a D, but I'm not sure what difference that makes for a tune...

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:56
    characterzero says:
    Hey there-
    I'm interested in your shock. Can you tell me how it is valved and what kind of frame it was valved for?
    Thanks,

Response:
    Sep 4, 2012 at 13:54
    erikkellison says:
    It was valved generically so that retailers could sell it and it will work with most bikes and for most riders (i.e. the middle). It would not be ideal for a very light or a very heavy rider since you would be at the end of the adjusters (presumably).
    like i said, different from what i got back from him

Dec 18, 2012 at 13:01
    qbert2000 says:
    what frame was this tuned for?

Dec 18, 2012 at 13:52
    erikkellison says:
    Knolly delirium

mtbr member
    He must have been busy, not being more specific and all! He wast lying!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    He must have been busy, not being more specific and all! He wast lying!!!
    Can we negative rep that SOB from here? This is an OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Getting parts together and should have the build complete by the end of next week! Just got my Mavic Crossmax SX wheelset, not bad at 1750g! ( I have a Atomlab wheelset for lift assisted days!) The fork will be the Lyrik DH 170 in the middle, Talas on the right is sold (hated it!) and the RC2 Float 160 will go back on my Yeti! Another pic of the frame so you can get an idea of what its going to look like! Will be running XT IceTech brakes with 203f/180r! Easton Havoc 50mm stem and Havoc carbon bars! Not sure on crankset yet? I cant wait!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-d.jpg  

Delirium Builds!-crossmax.jpg  

Delirium Builds!-forks.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nice choice with the Lyrik! Much better than any of those fox forks!.

mtbr member
    Here is probably one of the last builds for a dying thread! This is a whimpified build on Craigs old frame!
    Frame: Delirium (Large)
    Shock: 2013 RS Monarch Plus RC3, have the Ti-coil Dueler for lift days!
    Fork: 2012 RS Lyrik RC2DH 170
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Handlebar: Easton Havoc carbon
    Stem: Easton Havoc 50mm
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Shifter: XT
    Brakes: XT IceTech
    Seat:WTB Silverado Thinline
    Seatpost: KS 125mm
    Rotors: IceTech 203mm F 180mm R
    R Der: XT
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain: SRAM 991
    Crank: XO carbon 170mm
    Chainring: MRP Bling Ring direct mount, 36t
    Chain Guide:MRP G2
    Wheels: 2013 Mavic Crossmax SX
    Tires: Hans Dampf
    Pedals: Straitline Amp
    Weight ~32.5lbs...(hey, its my do all!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-d-final.jpg  

mtbr member
    That's one good looking ride

mtbr member
    Hasn't been that long since they stopped making them! I'm building up an identical frame at the moment, will post it up when it's done.

Final(-ish) spec should look like:

Frame: 2011 Delirium (Large)
    Shock: 20?? Marzocchi Roco TST R Coil
    Fork: 2009 Rockshox Totem Coil
    Headset: Cane Creek 40
    Handlebar: Raceface SIXC 785
    Stem: Kore Repute 35mm
    Shifter: Shimano XT M780 I-Spec
    Brakes: Shimano XT M785
    Seat: Tioga D-Spyder
    Seatpost: 2012 Rockshox Reverb 125mm
    Rotors: Shimano RT76 203/180
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XT E-Type
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M786 GS Shadow+
    Cassette: Shimano SLX 11-36
    Chain: Shimano XT
    Crankset: Shimano SLX M660 175mm
    Chain Guide / Bash: Blackspire Stinger E-type / E13 Turbocharger
    Wheels: MTX33 on Formula/XT
    Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf TS/PS
    Pedals: DMR Vault

Bolded stuff is what I still need to order, I have temporary parts from my other bike on it so I could ride it at the end of last season. Current weight is ~40 lb, but it's not my only bike so who cares.

Should have it all together by the time the trails are clear of snow... ...in April or so.

mtbr member
    Great build socalMX - fairly light but still robust. You are going to have a blast with it. Curious to hear about the Monarch PLUS.

I haven't updated my Delirium in a while - sits at 33.5lbs. I am adding some new components in the near future that drop some weight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-2013-01-19-17.19.49.jpg  

Delirium Builds!-2013-01-19-17.19.13.jpg  

Delirium Builds!-2013-01-19-17.19.43.jpg  

mtbr member
    Yellow with the white fork and Chromag bars looks tits!!!
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Here is probably one of the last builds for a dying thread! This is a whimpified build on Craigs old frame!
    Nice looking bike man

mtbr member

Looks incredible

Glad you are diggin it and that it found a good home!

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Interresting! Looks great all black! How do you like the DBAir?

Perpetual Hack
    Just 'cause.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    quite sure i didn't post this up when i set her up, coz for some reason i couldn't find this thread.

Delirium Builds!-p4pb9490886.jpg

sidenote;

a noob-ish qn, the bolts to adjust the shocks, closest to the frame is steepest or slackest? took me forever and i still somehow cannot tell the difference...
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

http://www.mtbcut.tv

mtbr member
    Closer to the frame is slacker

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    ^^^^^^^^^^

thanks mate!

Perpetual Hack
    Think of it this way...to help you remember...

Steep, the shuttle is upright and so matches the fork in a steep more upright angle.
    Slack, the shuttle is laid down and so matches the fork in a slacker more laid down angle.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    ^^^ Nice! Cheers!

Bnerd

A thread from the dead!

Time for a thread resurrection!
    Time for some Delirium love!

I still have my Delirium and I'm still riding the **** out of it!

Last season my Delirium only saw Whistler bike park duty and has been retired from "one bike" duty. I have a Kona Honzo, and, soon a Banshee Prime, that has been and will be picking up all the pedalling slack.

With the Delirium only being ridden in the park it was time to update a few things to make it more of a park destroyer.
    I dropped the front derailleur and added a single ring chainguide and put on a DH geared cassette.
    I also replaced ALL of the bearings! It was long long over due! In fact I'm shocked that my negligence didn't cause my bike to explode on me! I guess that's a testament to how burly the Delirium is!
    The only things needed to finish this build to make it WBP ready is red housing and cable for the RD and a Chromag Clocker 36T ring in red for the matchymatchiness bling.

The other part that deserves recognition is the Raceface BB. I've just replaced it with this most recent update. I was running the original RF BB from my Delirium-T!! It was only last season that it finally started to seriously complain and beg to be replaced! 5 hard years of riding that BB gave me. Through every type of riding imaginable and every type of weather and conditions imaginable!

Here's the spec list:
    Frame- 2010 XL Delirium
    Fork- RS 2011 Totem Mission Control DH coil
    Shock- 2010 Fox RC4
    Bars- Chromag OSX
    Stem- HiFi 1.5 50mm
    Grips- RF Strafe
    Brakes- Hayes Stroker Ace (first generation!)
    Shifter- Sram X0
    Cranks- RF Atlas 170mm (originals from the DT)
    BB- RF DH Race
    Pedals- Kona WahWahs (originals from the DT)
    Chainring- RF 34T (soon to be Chromag Clocker 36T in red)
    Chainguide- Truvativ X0
    Seatpost- Thompson (original from the DT)
    Saddle- Chromag Lynx
    Cassette- Sram 970DH 11-26
    RD- Sram X0 short cage
    Wheels- Spank Spike Race28
    Tires- Maxxis Minion DHF 3C

Weight- portly! But I don't give a f**k!

Delirium Builds!-20140428_142013-1.jpg

My stoke for this bike hasn't lessened at all in all the years I've owned it.
    It has pedalled 50km XC epics, shredded gnarly freeride lines in Nelson, BC, climbed 4000ft in single rides, and banged out lap after hot lap in the WBP!!
    Even though this bike is dated this bike does do it all!
    Freeride is not dead.

mtbr member
    Awesome bikes! Looks good but with that much stoke you need to get on feebay and slap some Knolly decals on the downtube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    My stoke for this bike hasn't lessened at all in all the years I've owned it.
    It has pedalled 50km XC epics, shredded gnarly freeride lines in Nelson, BC, climbed 4000ft in single rides, and banged out lap after hot lap in the WBP!!
    Even though this bike is dated this bike does do it all!
    Freeride is not dead.
    Agreed the delirium is still one sick bike! Heres a not so great pic of mine. With a 1.5 degree angle set, this bike makes one heck of a mini dh bike that is still pedal friendly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Re: Delirium Builds!

Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140428_142013-1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	889256

Freeride is not dead.
    And the best part is you have the new invisible shifter and derailleur cable. I've wanted one since I first saw them and it was call the Delirium T.

Bnerd
    Awesome bikes! Looks good but with that much stoke you need to get on feebay and slap some Knolly decals on the downtube.
    I took the decals off. I'm a minimalist when it comes to visual aesthetics and branding. I want the design to stand out and not be obscured.
    I still have the sweet headtube badge and few smaller decals so people will still know what it is. And, if you stop to talk with me about my bike you'll have a hard time stopping me from going on about how amazing it is! That's all the marketing that's needed!

Quote Originally Posted by monstertiki View Post
    Agreed the delirium is still one sick bike! Heres a not so great pic of mine. With a 1.5 degree angle set, this bike makes one heck of a mini dh bike that is still pedal friendly.
    Nice set-up!
    I thought about getting an angle set but I think it would make me outride this bike dangerously! When I'm in the park this bike is so solid I ride it like a full on DH sled. It has gotten me very close to hurting myself because it isn't quite a DH sled!
    With the angle set I think it would have me fully believing it could go bigger than I already ride it. I need to keep that in check!

Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    And the best part is you have the new invisible shifter and derailleur cable. I've wanted one since I first saw them and it was call the Delirium T.
    HaHa!! It's the new "stealth" shifting cables!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast