Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 204
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation: monstertiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    710
    My small delirium, picked it up a few weeks ago.


  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,539
    nice colour co-ordination there,,,,

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123

    last time it will be this clean

    Since I had some updates, I figured I'd wipe it down with a rag and take a few pics.
    Honestly, pics don't do this bike justice. The white hides all the detail in the frame and the shapes are never as nice in the pics you see posted here.

    Updates:
    +MRP miniG SL - Green (thanks Noah!)
    +Chromag Lynx DT saddle (thanks to Chad @ Red Barn Bikes)
    +Heavy wheels - Hadleys laced to Atomlabs (waiting on thru-bolt kit). DH tires not pictured (MM GGf/3Cr). Re-lacing the CK HD rear for trail purposes.
    +Schwalbe Big Betty in TrailStar compound
    +X.9 Short cage (toasted the medium cage)






    Calhoun...ready for Paj/AF indeed.

    After some real time spent on this bike...I'll say that it absolutely rips. Combining 1x9 with a height-adjustable post is great for AM/FR riding and the MRP has been tits, even with heavy log/rock strikes so far. The Knolly suspension is not over-hyped at all - it is active when you want suspension and ramps up nicely. The bike is every bit as stiff as my Ventana, which says a lot. The Totem SA requires you to ride it hard to get it to open up - luckily, the Knolly begs you to ride harder too.
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 06-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362
    You have the DH damper in the Totem? I have the coil/DH version and it is very free flowing. If you have the floodgate version, you might look into the mod, it really opened up my buddy's fork.

  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    You have the DH damper in the Totem? I have the coil/DH version and it is very free flowing. If you have the floodgate version, you might look into the mod, it really opened up my buddy's fork.
    Nope, I have the MiCo non-DH damper, and it is already modded (i.e: floodgatectomy). I am going to give it an oil change as soon as I have a chance, as I've only quick-lubed it in the last 4 months.
    Some say the solo air isn't as plush as a coil...I won't hesitate to drop a coil in if need be. Coming from a Lyrik 170 DH coil, these are two very very different forks in damping performance, and I like to run my damping all the way open when possible.

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    691
    Nice to see so many nice set ups.

    CharacterZero are you using a 1x9 or 1x10 - what gearing front and back are you on?

    Monstertiki, is that good ole Uncle Benny in your profile pic???

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Calhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,061
    Looking good JV.

    Its gotta be the angle of the pic, but those bars look narrow.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

    -cabra cadabra

  8. #108
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Nice to see so many nice set ups.

    CharacterZero are you using a 1x9 or 1x10 - what gearing front and back are you on?

    Monstertiki, is that good ole Uncle Benny in your profile pic???
    Chromagftw - running 1x9 with 32t x 12-34r iirc...I have a 35t to throw on for DH trips. Thought about the whole 1x10 or just a 36t cassette...but then realized I'd rather just suck it up and try harder!

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Looking good JV.

    Its gotta be the angle of the pic, but those bars look narrow.
    thanks man, you are right - they do look narrow. Fubar OSX still....

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation: monstertiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    Nice to see so many nice set ups.

    CharacterZero are you using a 1x9 or 1x10 - what gearing front and back are you on?

    Monstertiki, is that good ole Uncle Benny in your profile pic???
    It's Leung Siu-lung, the actor that played "the beast" in the greatest martial arts movie ever made... "Kung fu Hustle".

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leung_Siu-lung

  11. #111
    Roll on Spring Time!
    Reputation: juan pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,547
    CZ - sounds like you are running the same Totem setup as me. Floodgate mod etc. You really like running the compression all the way open? I was happy with my previous settings - 1 preload spacer which gave me 30% sag and I would typically run 8-10 clicks of LSC then 11/2 turns of HSC to control BO on the biggest hits. I cant say I spent too much time playing around with the settings and this is what felt okay.
    After riding my Jedi with a Boxxer I really struggled to enjoy the softer plusher Totem. So I went on a mission this past month and I have really spent time to get my Totem dialled. First thing I did was pop another preload spacer in but this didnt really help give me that Boxxer feel. So I found a section of trail that I have really been enjoying lately. Fast, narrow and the right amount of chunk to let me be comfortable and feel the bike out. After multiple runs I have ended up with 2 preload spacers giving me 25% sag, 12 clicks of LSC and almost 2 turns of HSC. This was also a result of reading thread lately about the tendancy to run too little compression.
    I started out with 1 turn of HSC and played with the LSC from 6 clicks then to 12 to get a really good comparason. Then I played with 10 and on to 12 etc. At the end I did another run with 6 and jumped to 12 to be sure of what I was feeling. Lastley I played with HSC. When I started long travel riding I thought the objective was for plushness but I always ended up adding compression. What I found running this recent test was when I lowered my compression settings the bike felt plush but through the chunk I had less control. The front would be diving alot like a pogo and through corners I was much less precise. When I added LSC the bike seemed to settle/calm down and my cornering was much tighter. I dont fell like I am working so hard to control the bike, another bonus seems to be that I can get the bike off the ground easier when I need to double a section. My next step is to remove 1 spacer but I am still testing.

    Just interested to hear your reasoning for running your Totem so open. I must also added I have just dropped my tire pressure by 2 Psi and this also made a massive difference, 26Psi front and 28Psi rear. Running the suspension firmer and tires softer seems to be the ticket for me.
    I just want to ride.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    CZ - sounds like you are running the same Totem setup as me. Floodgate mod etc..
    I'm afraid it is as simple as air vs. coil on this one - you have a coil, right?

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Speaking of coil...

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15
    this is bad ass looking bike and I like your setup (almost like my setup)...
    rc3 ti

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rocky Mountain High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    75

    Time to break up the Chilly love fest

    Frame: Delirium (Small)
    Shock: 2011 Rock Shox Vivid R2C (250#) w/RWC needle bearing kit/Soft BO bumper
    Fork: 2012 Fox 36 Van 180 RC2 w/black spring
    Headset: Cane Creek Angleset (Fuly Slacked out 1.5deg)
    Handlebar: Raceface Respond (white)
    Stem: Raceface D2 2012 Ltd. (35mm/0deg)
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Shifter: SRAM X9 w/matchmaker
    Brakes: Avid Elixir CR
    Seat:Chromag Trail Master DT
    Seatpost: Thompson Elite
    SP Collar: Chromag QR
    Rotors: Hope V2 203mm Black (F&R)
    Rear Brake Adaptor: NS Billet
    R Der: SRAM X9
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain: SRAM 991
    Crank: Raceface Diablous (165mm)/E-13 G-Ring (36t/black)
    Chain Guide:E-13 LG1+ (White)
    Wheels: Hope Pro 2/ Flows (white)/DT Comp DB/Minion 2.5 UST (F&R)
    Pedals:??? Green ones are temp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-del22.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-del11.jpg  

    If I dropped you off in the forest with a hatchet, how long before you could send me an email?
    Joe Rogan

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    what is the your head angle? my delirium looks steep like yours in slack setting. it does not look like a 66 degree head angle.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rocky Mountain High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    75
    The wife and I built it up last night and we were messing around with the different angle settings on the frame. I've never taken a measurement but I'm guessing if it's setup fully slacked out it will be around 63.5deg? She mentioned in the parking lot test that it felt kind of sluggish fully slacked out but parking lots aren't the most reliable proving grounds. This is the wife's DH bike so we will play with it this summer and see how she likes the various setups.
    If I dropped you off in the forest with a hatchet, how long before you could send me an email?
    Joe Rogan

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Rocky Mountain High...That is SWEET!

  19. #119
    Perpetual Hack
    Reputation: mykel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,978
    My pair...



    Mark V Delirium-T


    Mark VI Delirium


    michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    19

    2011 Knolly Delirium (L)

    Just got this bad boy finished. Still need to work with the fit a little, may have to replace the stem and go with something shorter. Weighs in at a stout 39lbs


    Frame 2011 Knolly Delirium
    Front Break Avid Code 203mm
    Rear Break Avid Code 180mm
    Seat Post Crank Brothers Joplin 4R
    Shifters X.9
    Fork Fox 36 Van 180 RC2 Fit 20QR Fork 2012
    Rear Suspension Cane Creek Double Barrel 2012
    Cranks Shimano SLX
    Cassette SRAM PG-990 Cassette (9 Speed)
    Front Derailleur SLX Direct Mount
    Rear Derailleur X.9
    Wheels Hope Pro II (F) and 240s (R)/ DT SWISS EX500
    Grips Oury Lock On Grips w/ Clamps
    Headset Cane Creek 40
    Stem Thomson Elite
    Peddles Time X-Roc Atac Pedals
    Chain Guide MRP LRP
    Seat Clamp Chromag
    Saddle Chromag Trailmaster
    Bash Guard MRP S4
    Handle Bars Chromag Fubar OS
    Chain SRAM PC-991
    Tires 2.3 Butcher SX

    Photo Album - Imgur

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Yes C0Mtnbkr, 50mm stem with half the spacers and that thing will be ROCKIN'
    Right on! That's pretty much what I was thinking.

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Yes C0Mtnbkr, 50mm stem with half the spacers and that thing will be ROCKIN'

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Large Delirium in Aus

    Well, after much searching, I was finally able to buy a 2010 black ano frame a couple of weeks back. Have had my eye on this frame for about a year and now it's mine.
    Quick build to get it up and running, so specs are...
    Frame 2010 Knolly Delirium
    Front Break Gustav 203mm
    Rear Break Gustav 203mm
    Seat Post Thompson
    Shifters XX
    Fork 08 888
    Rear Suspension Fox Air 5.0 (2010?)
    Cranks Shimano XT with Blackspire 26/40
    Cassette XTR 11-36 Cassette (10 Speed)
    Front Derailleur XT E-Type M770
    Rear Derailleur X0 Med cage
    Wheels Hope Pro II (F & R) Spank Subrosa rims
    Grips Fireeye
    Headset Cane Creek XX
    Stem Direct mount
    Peddles Funn
    Chain Guide
    none
    Seat Clamp Salsa
    Saddle SDG
    Bash Guard Blackspire Super God Light
    Handle Bars Funn Fat Boy
    Chain Shimano XT
    Tires Maxxis Minion & High Roller

    Next to change are the cranks/peddles/chain ring combo and forks.
    Anyone know if you can go a X9 28/42 on this frame?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-img_0146.jpg  


  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Chain Guide and single ring front

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20

    Update from downunder.

    Thought I would update the progress on my bike.
    A few changes have been made and I'm very pleased

    Frame Delirium 2010
    Front Break Formula The One
    Rear Break Formula The One
    Seat Post KS Dropzone
    Shifters XX
    Fork Boxxer Race
    Rear Suspension Fox Air 5.0 (2010?)
    Cranks SRAM X9 42/28
    Cassette XTR 11-36 Cassette (10 Speed)
    Front Derailleur XT E-Type M770
    Rear Derailleur X0 Med cage
    Wheels Hope Pro II (F & R) Spank Subrosa rims
    Grips ODI Ruffian
    Headset FSA Orbit
    Stem Direct mount Funn
    Peddles Funn
    Chain Guide E thirteen DRS E type back plate
    Seat Clamp Hope
    Saddle SDG
    Bash Guard None
    Handle Bars Funn Fat Boy
    Chain Shimano XT
    Tires Maxxis Minion & High Roller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-knolly015.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-knolly018.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-knolly017.jpg  


  26. #126
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dominator13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,702

    Great Looking Ride!

    You could slack the bike out if you were to move the shock bolt into the lower setting. I would think you'd want it more slack with the set-up you are running!? Attached picture shows which bolt I'm referencing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    You could slack the bike out if you were to move the shock bolt into the lower setting. I would think you'd want it more slack with the set-up you are running!? Attached picture shows which bolt I'm referencing.
    Thanks for that suggestion, but being a total newb, what would be the advantages of doing that?

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dominator13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,702

    Up to you, but....

    Quote Originally Posted by soontir View Post
    Thanks for that suggestion, but being a total newb, what would be the advantages of doing that?
    A slacker bike is a lower bike, but a longer bike. It will handle the faster, chunkier stuff a bit better. Steep DH and that sort of stuff. It will drop your BB about 1/4"/10mm. Try it both ways and see if you notice the difference.
    "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22

    FD question?

    I recently purchased a Shimano FD M770-E type XT for my Delirium because I would like to try out a 2x9 setup. Can I mount the derailleur directly to the frame or does it need to be mounted on the bottom bracket shell using the bb plate. Sorry if it's a stupid question....any input is appreciated.

  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13 View Post
    A slacker bike is a lower bike, but a longer bike. It will handle the faster, chunkier stuff a bit better. Steep DH and that sort of stuff. It will drop your BB about 1/4"/10mm. Try it both ways and see if you notice the difference.
    Thanks mate, will play with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyknutsville View Post
    I recently purchased a Shimano FD M770-E type XT for my Delirium because I would like to try out a 2x9 setup. Can I mount the derailleur directly to the frame or does it need to be mounted on the bottom bracket shell using the bb plate. Sorry if it's a stupid question....any input is appreciated.
    Not a stupid question at all.
    Been sorting this out myself. You'll need the bb plate to attach the e type.
    You can't run the bb bracket with a GXP bb at 73mm. GXP can not run the etype bb bracket as it'll through out your chain line. You'll have to source another bracket. I used a ethirteen DRS e type iscg 05 to get around this.
    Shimano can run the bb bracket, but again, I did not like the chain line whilst running XT 28/40t combo.
    My bikes build up is posted on rotorburn.com, under thr same user name as here. Not enough posts to add links yet.
    I will say that the x9 setup is not bad. But the front d is not really where I would like it to be using the DRS backplate. Trying to source a sram direct mount to replace the etype.

    Rod

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22
    Thanks Rod,
    Funny I had seen your build and I was going to hit you up about it. Pretty sweet build bro.
    Yeah Im not really digging my chain line as well while running XT 32/22 combo. So hence my question. I thought there for a minute that the FD was mounted incorrectly or something...I do a lot climbing on the Delirium since its my do it all bike so I tried the 2x9. I might give the 1x10 a try and see how that works out. Thanks again, Ko-g

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyknutsville View Post
    I recently purchased a Shimano FD M770-E type XT for my Delirium because I would like to try out a 2x9 setup. Can I mount the derailleur directly to the frame or does it need to be mounted on the bottom bracket shell using the bb plate. Sorry if it's a stupid question....any input is appreciated.
    Delirium '10-Front D's blocking the ISCG05 upper hole. Anyone ?

    Etype derailleur can be mounted to the frame after removing the bb mount. Spacer placement and orientation is important when doing this. If using an ISCG05 chain guide it will need to be specific for the Etype.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    22
    This really helps man^^^^.....thanks Bubba

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Thinking of buying a frame to build up! Had a NomadC, currently have a Yeti ASR-7 that I love! Is $1450 fair for a used 2011? It will be my only bike and I'm a bit concerned pedaling this bike up hill. I will have a fairly light build with a 2x10 drive, hopefully XX1 soon! Google search gives me crap as far as new bike/frame sales here in the U.S!

  35. #135
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    I would think so

    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Thinking of buying a frame to build up! Had a NomadC, currently have a Yeti ASR-7 that I love! Is $1450 fair for a used 2011? It will be my only bike and I'm a bit concerned pedaling this bike up hill. I will have a fairly light build with a 2x10 drive, hopefully XX1 soon! Google search gives me crap as far as new bike/frame sales here in the U.S!
    Delirium hasnt seen production since mid 2011. I dont think you could find a "new" frame anywhere. I'm hoping to get a bit more then that for my 2011 that I have for sale. Its on ebay for $1400 starting price and I have had a ton of questions about it, I think it will go for $1500-1600, they were $2200+ new.

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Thinking of buying a frame to build up! Had a NomadC, currently have a Yeti ASR-7 that I love! Is $1450 fair for a used 2011? It will be my only bike and I'm a bit concerned pedaling this bike up hill. I will have a fairly light build with a 2x10 drive, hopefully XX1 soon! Google search gives me crap as far as new bike/frame sales here in the U.S!
    Seems like a deal.

    As far as climbing, yeah, that bike will climb. Ran mine with a heavy build (40lb) and a 1x9 drivetrain (35t front ring) and climbed everything I could on it, legs always gave out before traction would. I'd do 20mi AM rides on it without a problem.
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 12-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    That's good to hear! Is there a reason the popularity of this bike is not super high? Weight alone? @ craigstr, now watching your frame on feebay! That blue is my fave color Knolly has!

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    That's good to hear! Is there a reason the popularity of this bike is not super high? Weight alone? @ craigstr, now watching your frame on feebay! That blue is my fave color Knolly has!
    What are you looking for that your Nomad and ASR-7 couldn't deliver? I'm sure you have thought about a Chili?!

    The Delerium was pretty popular. When they switched manufacturers other models had higher priority (Chili, Podium, Endo). I guess since you can no longer get it as a new bike and it isn't currently being produced riders have forgotten about it.

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    What are you looking for that your Nomad and ASR-7 couldn't deliver? I'm sure you have thought about a Chili?!

    The Delerium was pretty popular. When they switched manufacturers other models had higher priority (Chili, Podium, Endo). I guess since you can no longer get it as a new bike and it isn't currently being produced riders have forgotten about it.
    Word, it was popular, but not made in huuuuge quantity like the SC and yeti models. They couldn't keep'm in stock, really - when I bought mine in December of 2010, it was the last Large they had.

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    What are you looking for that your Nomad and ASR-7 couldn't deliver? I'm sure you have thought about a Chili?!

    The Delerium was pretty popular. When they switched manufacturers other models had higher priority (Chili, Podium, Endo). I guess since you can no longer get it as a new bike and it isn't currently being produced riders have forgotten about it.
    I have more fun on the 7 than I did the Nomad, I'm no longer a VPP fan! I simply like a burlier bike! The ASR-7 is capable, I simply love the look of the Delirium and want to try the suspension out! So no Delirium production for 2013?

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation: G-AIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I have more fun on the 7 than I did the Nomad, I'm no longer a VPP fan! I simply like a burlier bike! The ASR-7 is capable, I simply love the look of the Delirium and want to try the suspension out! So no Delirium production for 2013?
    Sounds like you would be stoked on the Delerium.

    Not sure about production. You would have to ask Noel or Dusty Bottoms. From the sounds of it they have some other models they want to bring to market before the D. If you can find a used one in good shape, I would jim on it.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rdhfreethought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,539
    I believe the Delirium was THE MOST popular of the models they had. The reason you may not see many around is that they are just a bit rare (except in CAN and PNW). Its like asking why an Independent Fabrications or Salsa is not a popular frame, they just don't make that many.

    As far as I know. The new Endorphin is slated for 2013, and it seems like they are doing things a little different (650b, and rumors of carbon eventually). I suspect the new Delirium will be more of a hardcore freeride bike, kinda like the Vtach, to distance itself from the Chilcotin.

    So, if you can get your hands on a 2011 Delirium, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. It is hands down the best "one bike" out there.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I have more fun on the 7 than I did the Nomad, I'm no longer a VPP fan! I simply like a burlier bike! The ASR-7 is capable, I simply love the look of the Delirium and want to try the suspension out! So no Delirium production for 2013?
    The D is much more a heavy AM/FR rig than the 7 ever was. The 7 was really a long-legged trail bike. The D's capabilities are more along the lines of a burly nomad. The knolly suspension is tits.
    Last edited by CharacterZero; 12-23-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    I'm considering bidding on craigstrs, beautiful frame, hopefully its not too beat up! I'm 6-2 so large will work! Buying a discontinued frame worries me, hopefully Knolly stockpiles hangers & bearings!

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    179
    I almost think a new Delirium would take away from the Chilcotin. The Chilcotin can be made into a Hard Core Freeride bike can it not?

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Chili falls short for me, not enough travel and for some reason I hate an upright shock!

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by eastshorebiker View Post
    I almost think a new Delirium would take away from the Chilcotin. The Chilcotin can be made into a Hard Core Freeride bike can it not?
    Whoa! Might want to pull the reins in on that statement a bit. Hardcore freeride bike?

    Hardcore AM / lite FR with the Chilcotin...

    Not saying I do any real freeriding, but I own both bikes mentioned above and they are very different frames when talking about extremes. There is a reason the Delirium weighs around 3 pounds more than the Chilcotin.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Whoa! Might want to pull the reins in on that statement a bit. Hardcore freeride bike?

    Hardcore AM / lite FR with the Chilcotin...

    Not saying I do any real freeriding, but I own both bikes mentioned above and they are very different frames when talking about extremes. There is a reason the Delirium weighs around 3 pounds more than the Chilcotin.
    Perfect! Compare the 2 for me climbing, both long fire road & tech! Also general singletrack XC type pedaling! I'm sure you have specific gearing for each bike but saying if they were geared the same!

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Whoa! Might want to pull the reins in on that statement a bit. Hardcore freeride bike?

    Hardcore AM / lite FR with the Chilcotin...

    Not saying I do any real freeriding, but I own both bikes mentioned above and they are very different frames when talking about extremes. There is a reason the Delirium weighs around 3 pounds more than the Chilcotin.
    WAIT A MINUTE....I've done a 20x20 drop on the Chilcotin and it's BUTTER!!! The Chilcotin RIPS!

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE....I've done a 20x20 drop on the Chilcotin and it's BUTTER!!! The Chilcotin RIPS!
    I could be wrong in my statement above, but I really don't think the Chilcotin was designed with that sort of riding in mind. Maybe it can take it, but for how long?

    A good example of this is the shock hardware. The Chilcotin has 6mm bolts and Delirium has 8mm. I have heard of a few people bending the 6mm hardware on the Chilcotin...

    YMMV
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    179
    I live and ride in the Kootenays, Nelson B.C. area and I consider this hard core freeriding. So the Chili wouldn't handle this area?

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Perfect! Compare the 2 for me climbing, both long fire road & tech! Also general singletrack XC type pedaling! I'm sure you have specific gearing for each bike but saying if they were geared the same!
    I don't know if you are aware, but there is a thread about this topic here in the Knolly forum.

    My opinions may vary depending on which bike I just rode . I now have both bikes set up with coil shocks, Fox Floats up front, and 2.4 rubber. The Delirium is 1x10 32 x 36 and Chilcotin is 2x10 26/36 x 36.

    What still amazes me is how well the Delirium pedals for a big bike. I don't notice much difference when just slogging up a fire road. The Chilcotin has the advantage in uphill technical riding. I am able to get better traction with the Chilcotin, especially when it gets steep. I have run 2x gearing on the Delirium and it still does not out climb the Chilly in tech, but the gap is narrow. Basically, the D feels slightly heavier and slower. It is almost as effective at getting up that tech section and good for getting in shape!

    For general single track riding I have fun on both bikes. The Chilcotin has more snap and can accelerate better. Delirium eats the chunk better. Both bikes are overkill for a good half of the riding I do, but I still have a big dumb grin on my face after every ride. I tend to forget which bike I am on and just enjoy being on the trail.

    I could easily live with one or the other as my "one bike". However, the Chilcotin is the one I would keep because it is a better fit for the type of riding I do. I am a trail / AM rider that enjoys a good downhill and a few jumps. Over the past year I have noticed myself backing off on the DH and lighter, snappier bikes are where I am headed.

    Hope that helps,
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    179
    I sold my Delirium T which was set up for steepness and jumps, I have to replace it and the only bike I see is the Chilli. and there are no Small framed Deliriums available.

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I'm considering bidding on craigstrs, beautiful frame, hopefully its not too beat up! I'm 6-2 so large will work! Buying a discontinued frame worries me, hopefully Knolly stockpiles hangers & bearings!
    Knolly has bearings, but you can also get bearings from RWC. No one in our group (5 Delirium riders) has bent a hanger yet.

    As folks have said, the Delirium is an amazing bike. I can't ever see selling my Delirium. I love this bike so much I had it re-painted 6 months ago. This has been my primary bike since I got it. I ride with other Delirium riders, Santa Cruz, Turner, etc. Most of the time, the Delirium riders are near the front on climbs, but we are always at the front on the descents

    It seriously is great bike that will make you smile!

    Bubba13's comments are a perfect summary of the Delirium!

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    Its in great shape

    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I'm considering bidding on craigstrs, beautiful frame, hopefully its not too beat up! I'm 6-2 so large will work! Buying a discontinued frame worries me, hopefully Knolly stockpiles hangers & bearings!
    I take care of my stuff. It was one of the few painted frames that the paint actually stayed on. It was hardly ridden at all this year and not ridden very much the year before either. I ride my trail bike or 29r 95% of the time.

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    I could be wrong in my statement above, but I really don't think the Chilcotin was designed with that sort of riding in mind. Maybe it can take it, but for how long?

    A good example of this is the shock hardware. The Chilcotin has 6mm bolts and Delirium has 8mm. I have heard of a few people bending the 6mm hardware on the Chilcotin...

    YMMV
    True, but the 3D rockers should rectify that.

  57. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by eastshorebiker View Post
    I sold my Delirium T which was set up for steepness and jumps, I have to replace it and the only bike I see is the Chilli. and there are no Small framed Deliriums available.
    I am not trying to stir the pot by saying the Chilcotin and only handle this or that. But it was designed with 6mm shock hardware...not traditional FR size hardware.

    If you are a lighter weight rider and need a small frame, maybe the Chilcotin will be stout enough for you?
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    I'm 6-2 220lbs geared so I'm sure I will be fine pedaling the D around! @ craigstr, hope I get my hands on it, would be cool to go to a site member who has an appreciation! I would have a 2012 white Crossmax SX wheelset and a 2013 RC2 Float (soon RC2DH Lyrik) waiting for it! Hoping to stay under 34lbs...

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mayha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I'm 6-2 220lbs geared so I'm sure I will be fine pedaling the D around! @ craigstr, hope I get my hands on it, would be cool to go to a site member who has an appreciation! I would have a 2012 white Crossmax SX wheelset and a 2013 RC2 Float (soon RC2DH Lyrik) waiting for it! Hoping to stay under 34lbs...
    The white wheelset would look amazing on Craigstr's Blue Delirium!

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    409
    ok,
    i'm going to throw some old skool Delirium T here.
    hope you don't mind

    I just finished building it up and wanted to share
    I was looking for a relatively light bike that could still take some large drops and such

    It ended up weighing 40lbs, which is probably still a boat anchor to most of you
    but considering my V-Tach weighs 51lbs this bike is light and fun as hell to ride


  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362
    I rocked a DT for two seasons...awesome bike! Took me to the next level.

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    179
    I can't understand why Knolly stopped making the Delirium when it is obviously one of the great mountain bikes.

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I take care of my stuff. It was one of the few painted frames that the paint actually stayed on. It was hardly ridden at all this year and not ridden very much the year before either. I ride my trail bike or 29r 95% of the time.
    Yes, it looks real clean! How is the DSP? At 8.5 x 2.5 there are so many shock options!

  64. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    I also need to know what bottom bracket the frame takes to purchase a crankset, Google turned up nada for me. Another concern is the paint as craigstr says his is one of the few that still has paint!?

  65. #165
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    73mm BB

    Specs are here:
    Knolly Bikes | Delirium
    Some of the first Deliriums had some paint issues, mine did not. I've got 3M tape on the downtube and headtube, the one scratch on the back of the seat tube was caused by throwing all the bikes in a van in Squamish to do shuttles, so its a battle scar from the homeland.

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Specs are here:
    Knolly Bikes | Delirium
    Some of the first Deliriums had some paint issues, mine did not. I've got 3M tape on the downtube and headtube, the one scratch on the back of the seat tube was caused by throwing all the bikes in a van in Squamish to do shuttles, so its a battle scar from the homeland.
    Thanks! Yea, I have seen that but it only shows me the 73mm shell width. Is it a standard threaded, press fit etc...Good to hear on the paint! I would also like to run a CCDBAir but have not seen one mounted on the D! Any input on the Dueler?

    EDIT: Never mind on the BB, looks like it is threaded! (Sorry for my lack of knowledge!)...

  67. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,121
    Yeah, it's a standard euro bottom bracket.

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    So I ended up buying craigstr's 2011 frame! Thanks man! Cant wait to get it and start the build! Any Delirium riders here in So. Cal? I would love to see one built up in person! And have more people to ride with! Hoping to get the frame early next week!

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    So I ended up buying craigstr's 2011 frame! Thanks man! Cant wait to get it and start the build! Any Delirium riders here in So. Cal? I would love to see one built up in person! And have more people to ride with! Hoping to get the frame early next week!
    there's an avalanche woodie on pinkbike tuned for the delirium for $330. i'd get that and swap over the ti spring if it's your correct rate. it will get the most out of that frame

    Avalanche Woodie 8.5" x 2.5" Rear Shock - Pinkbike

  70. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    there's an avalanche woodie on pinkbike tuned for the delirium for $330. i'd get that and swap over the ti spring if it's your correct rate. it will get the most out of that frame

    Avalanche Woodie 8.5" x 2.5" Rear Shock - Pinkbike
    Sorry, but that isn't "tuned" for the Delirium, it was just installed and ridden for a short while on a D-T.

    the ad states, seller verifies: • Dealer friendly generic valved version

  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    I'm considering bidding on craigstrs, beautiful frame, hopefully its not too beat up! I'm 6-2 so large will work! Buying a discontinued frame worries me, hopefully Knolly stockpiles hangers & bearings!
    I've got your hangers and bearings over here, huckleberry. PM sent if you want spares.

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    So I ended up buying craigstr's 2011 frame! Thanks man! Cant wait to get it and start the build! Any Delirium riders here in So. Cal? I would love to see one built up in person! And have more people to ride with! Hoping to get the frame early next week!
    That one was very clean, mine looks like it's been whipped with a length of bicycle chain, and I still won't take a penny less than $10,000.00 for it!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  73. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Sorry, but that isn't "tuned" for the Delirium, it was just installed and ridden for a short while on a D-T.

    the ad states, seller verifies: • Dealer friendly generic valved version
    oh. that's different than what i got back by pm on pinkbike. i asked what it had been tuned for and was told a delirium

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,123
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    oh. that's different than what i got back by pm on pinkbike. i asked what it had been tuned for and was told a delirium
    Remember, this was also on a D-T, not quite the same as a D, but I'm not sure what difference that makes for a tune...

    Sep 4, 2012 at 11:56
    characterzero says:
    Hey there-
    I'm interested in your shock. Can you tell me how it is valved and what kind of frame it was valved for?
    Thanks,


    Response:
    Sep 4, 2012 at 13:54
    erikkellison says:
    It was valved generically so that retailers could sell it and it will work with most bikes and for most riders (i.e. the middle). It would not be ideal for a very light or a very heavy rider since you would be at the end of the adjusters (presumably).

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero View Post
    Remember, this was also on a D-T, not quite the same as a D, but I'm not sure what difference that makes for a tune...

    Sep 4, 2012 at 11:56
    characterzero says:
    Hey there-
    I'm interested in your shock. Can you tell me how it is valved and what kind of frame it was valved for?
    Thanks,


    Response:
    Sep 4, 2012 at 13:54
    erikkellison says:
    It was valved generically so that retailers could sell it and it will work with most bikes and for most riders (i.e. the middle). It would not be ideal for a very light or a very heavy rider since you would be at the end of the adjusters (presumably).
    like i said, different from what i got back from him

    Dec 18, 2012 at 13:01
    qbert2000 says:
    what frame was this tuned for?

    Dec 18, 2012 at 13:52
    erikkellison says:
    Knolly delirium

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    He must have been busy, not being more specific and all! He wast lying!!!

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    He must have been busy, not being more specific and all! He wast lying!!!
    Can we negative rep that SOB from here? This is an OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  78. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Getting parts together and should have the build complete by the end of next week! Just got my Mavic Crossmax SX wheelset, not bad at 1750g! ( I have a Atomlab wheelset for lift assisted days!) The fork will be the Lyrik DH 170 in the middle, Talas on the right is sold (hated it!) and the RC2 Float 160 will go back on my Yeti! Another pic of the frame so you can get an idea of what its going to look like! Will be running XT IceTech brakes with 203f/180r! Easton Havoc 50mm stem and Havoc carbon bars! Not sure on crankset yet? I cant wait!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-d.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-crossmax.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-forks.jpg  


  79. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,121
    Nice choice with the Lyrik! Much better than any of those fox forks!.

  80. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Here is probably one of the last builds for a dying thread! This is a whimpified build on Craigs old frame!
    Frame: Delirium (Large)
    Shock: 2013 RS Monarch Plus RC3, have the Ti-coil Dueler for lift days!
    Fork: 2012 RS Lyrik RC2DH 170
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Handlebar: Easton Havoc carbon
    Stem: Easton Havoc 50mm
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Shifter: XT
    Brakes: XT IceTech
    Seat:WTB Silverado Thinline
    Seatpost: KS 125mm
    Rotors: IceTech 203mm F 180mm R
    R Der: XT
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain: SRAM 991
    Crank: XO carbon 170mm
    Chainring: MRP Bling Ring direct mount, 36t
    Chain Guide:MRP G2
    Wheels: 2013 Mavic Crossmax SX
    Tires: Hans Dampf
    Pedals: Straitline Amp
    Weight ~32.5lbs...(hey, its my do all!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-d-final.jpg  


  81. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rock dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    673
    That's one good looking ride

  82. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cerebroside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    938
    Hasn't been that long since they stopped making them! I'm building up an identical frame at the moment, will post it up when it's done.

    Final(-ish) spec should look like:

    Frame: 2011 Delirium (Large)
    Shock: 20?? Marzocchi Roco TST R Coil
    Fork: 2009 Rockshox Totem Coil
    Headset: Cane Creek 40
    Handlebar: Raceface SIXC 785
    Stem: Kore Repute 35mm
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Shifter: Shimano XT M780 I-Spec
    Brakes: Shimano XT M785
    Seat: Tioga D-Spyder
    Seatpost: 2012 Rockshox Reverb 125mm
    Rotors: Shimano RT76 203/180
    Front Derailleur: Shimano XT E-Type
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M786 GS Shadow+
    Cassette: Shimano SLX 11-36
    Chain: Shimano XT
    Crankset: Shimano SLX M660 175mm
    Chain Guide / Bash: Blackspire Stinger E-type / E13 Turbocharger
    Wheels: MTX33 on Formula/XT
    Tyres: Schwalbe Hans Dampf TS/PS
    Pedals: DMR Vault

    Bolded stuff is what I still need to order, I have temporary parts from my other bike on it so I could ride it at the end of last season. Current weight is ~40 lb, but it's not my only bike so who cares.


    Should have it all together by the time the trails are clear of snow... ...in April or so.

  83. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dude!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,022
    Great build socalMX - fairly light but still robust. You are going to have a blast with it. Curious to hear about the Monarch PLUS.

    I haven't updated my Delirium in a while - sits at 33.5lbs. I am adding some new components in the near future that drop some weight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delirium Builds!-2013-01-19-17.19.49.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-2013-01-19-17.19.13.jpg  

    Delirium Builds!-2013-01-19-17.19.43.jpg  


  84. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,465
    Yellow with the white fork and Chromag bars looks tits!!!
    konahonzo

  85. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Here is probably one of the last builds for a dying thread! This is a whimpified build on Craigs old frame!
    Frame: Delirium (Large)
    Shock: 2013 RS Monarch Plus RC3, have the Ti-coil Dueler for lift days!
    Fork: 2012 RS Lyrik RC2DH 170
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Handlebar: Easton Havoc carbon
    Stem: Easton Havoc 50mm
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Shifter: XT
    Brakes: XT IceTech
    Seat:WTB Silverado Thinline
    Seatpost: KS 125mm
    Rotors: IceTech 203mm F 180mm R
    R Der: XT
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain: SRAM 991
    Crank: XO carbon 170mm
    Chainring: MRP Bling Ring direct mount, 36t
    Chain Guide:MRP G2
    Wheels: 2013 Mavic Crossmax SX
    Tires: Hans Dampf
    Pedals: Straitline Amp
    Weight ~32.5lbs...(hey, its my do all!)
    Nice looking bike man

  86. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,362

    Looks incredible

    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Here is probably one of the last builds for a dying thread! This is a whimpified build on Craigs old frame!
    Frame: Delirium (Large)
    Shock: 2013 RS Monarch Plus RC3, have the Ti-coil Dueler for lift days!
    Fork: 2012 RS Lyrik RC2DH 170
    Headset: Cane Creek
    Handlebar: Easton Havoc carbon
    Stem: Easton Havoc 50mm
    Grips: ODI Rogue
    Shifter: XT
    Brakes: XT IceTech
    Seat:WTB Silverado Thinline
    Seatpost: KS 125mm
    Rotors: IceTech 203mm F 180mm R
    R Der: XT
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 (11-34)
    Chain: SRAM 991
    Crank: XO carbon 170mm
    Chainring: MRP Bling Ring direct mount, 36t
    Chain Guide:MRP G2
    Wheels: 2013 Mavic Crossmax SX
    Tires: Hans Dampf
    Pedals: Straitline Amp
    Weight ~32.5lbs...(hey, its my do all!)
    Glad you are diggin it and that it found a good home!

  87. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    172



  88. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Interresting! Looks great all black! How do you like the DBAir?

  89. #189
    Perpetual Hack
    Reputation: mykel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,978
    Just 'cause.



    michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

  90. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    172



  91. #191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    quite sure i didn't post this up when i set her up, coz for some reason i couldn't find this thread.


    Delirium Builds!-p4pb9490886.jpg



    sidenote;

    a noob-ish qn, the bolts to adjust the shocks, closest to the frame is steepest or slackest? took me forever and i still somehow cannot tell the difference...
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

    http://www.mtbcut.tv

  92. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thedeathstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    71
    Closer to the frame is slacker

  93. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    ^^^^^^^^^^


    thanks mate!
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

    http://www.mtbcut.tv

  94. #194
    Perpetual Hack
    Reputation: mykel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,978
    Think of it this way...to help you remember...

    Steep, the shuttle is upright and so matches the fork in a steep more upright angle.
    Slack, the shuttle is laid down and so matches the fork in a slacker more laid down angle.

    michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969
    A Knomer since 2007

    Knolly Podium
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Endorphin

  95. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    667
    ^^^ Nice! Cheers!
    check out great video coverage of anything mtb (well almost).

    http://www.mtbcut.tv

  96. #196
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    754

    A thread from the dead!

    Time for a thread resurrection!
    Time for some Delirium love!

    I still have my Delirium and I'm still riding the **** out of it!

    Last season my Delirium only saw Whistler bike park duty and has been retired from "one bike" duty. I have a Kona Honzo, and, soon a Banshee Prime, that has been and will be picking up all the pedalling slack.

    With the Delirium only being ridden in the park it was time to update a few things to make it more of a park destroyer.
    I dropped the front derailleur and added a single ring chainguide and put on a DH geared cassette.
    I also replaced ALL of the bearings! It was long long over due! In fact I'm shocked that my negligence didn't cause my bike to explode on me! I guess that's a testament to how burly the Delirium is!
    The only things needed to finish this build to make it WBP ready is red housing and cable for the RD and a Chromag Clocker 36T ring in red for the matchymatchiness bling.

    The other part that deserves recognition is the Raceface BB. I've just replaced it with this most recent update. I was running the original RF BB from my Delirium-T!! It was only last season that it finally started to seriously complain and beg to be replaced! 5 hard years of riding that BB gave me. Through every type of riding imaginable and every type of weather and conditions imaginable!

    Here's the spec list:
    Frame- 2010 XL Delirium
    Fork- RS 2011 Totem Mission Control DH coil
    Shock- 2010 Fox RC4
    Bars- Chromag OSX
    Stem- HiFi 1.5 50mm
    Grips- RF Strafe
    Brakes- Hayes Stroker Ace (first generation!)
    Shifter- Sram X0
    Cranks- RF Atlas 170mm (originals from the DT)
    BB- RF DH Race
    Pedals- Kona WahWahs (originals from the DT)
    Chainring- RF 34T (soon to be Chromag Clocker 36T in red)
    Chainguide- Truvativ X0
    Seatpost- Thompson (original from the DT)
    Saddle- Chromag Lynx
    Cassette- Sram 970DH 11-26
    RD- Sram X0 short cage
    Wheels- Spank Spike Race28
    Tires- Maxxis Minion DHF 3C

    Weight- portly! But I don't give a f**k!

    Delirium Builds!-20140428_142013-1.jpg

    My stoke for this bike hasn't lessened at all in all the years I've owned it.
    It has pedalled 50km XC epics, shredded gnarly freeride lines in Nelson, BC, climbed 4000ft in single rides, and banged out lap after hot lap in the WBP!!
    Even though this bike is dated this bike does do it all!
    Freeride is not dead.

  97. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation: socalMX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,275
    Awesome bikes! Looks good but with that much stoke you need to get on feebay and slap some Knolly decals on the downtube.

  98. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation: monstertiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    My stoke for this bike hasn't lessened at all in all the years I've owned it.
    It has pedalled 50km XC epics, shredded gnarly freeride lines in Nelson, BC, climbed 4000ft in single rides, and banged out lap after hot lap in the WBP!!
    Even though this bike is dated this bike does do it all!
    Freeride is not dead.
    Agreed the delirium is still one sick bike! Heres a not so great pic of mine. With a 1.5 degree angle set, this bike makes one heck of a mini dh bike that is still pedal friendly.


  99. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    534

    Re: Delirium Builds!

    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140428_142013-1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	889256

    Freeride is not dead.
    And the best part is you have the new invisible shifter and derailleur cable. I've wanted one since I first saw them and it was call the Delirium T.

  100. #200
    Bnerd
    Reputation: RideEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post
    Awesome bikes! Looks good but with that much stoke you need to get on feebay and slap some Knolly decals on the downtube.
    I took the decals off. I'm a minimalist when it comes to visual aesthetics and branding. I want the design to stand out and not be obscured.
    I still have the sweet headtube badge and few smaller decals so people will still know what it is. And, if you stop to talk with me about my bike you'll have a hard time stopping me from going on about how amazing it is! That's all the marketing that's needed!


    Quote Originally Posted by monstertiki View Post
    Agreed the delirium is still one sick bike! Heres a not so great pic of mine. With a 1.5 degree angle set, this bike makes one heck of a mini dh bike that is still pedal friendly.
    Nice set-up!
    I thought about getting an angle set but I think it would make me outride this bike dangerously! When I'm in the park this bike is so solid I ride it like a full on DH sled. It has gotten me very close to hurting myself because it isn't quite a DH sled!
    With the angle set I think it would have me fully believing it could go bigger than I already ride it. I need to keep that in check!


    Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    And the best part is you have the new invisible shifter and derailleur cable. I've wanted one since I first saw them and it was call the Delirium T.
    HaHa!! It's the new "stealth" shifting cables!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •