Thread: Dear Knolly

mtbr member

Dear Knolly

Some of us faithful Knolly owners use Reverb dropper posts and hydraulic disc brakes that have 5mm housing. I shouldn't have to pull out the Dremmel or the rattail file in order to make these hoses fit into the lower internal routing ports on the new Endorphin.

That is all.

Respectfully,

KRob

PS: I am admittedly a ham-fisted, piss poor mechanic....... so that may be part of the problem.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    KRob, please ship your bike out east to me and I will widen the holes and have the bike back to you for say like next September.
    Please ignore any minor or major scuff marks which may occur during shipping.

PS: I would be a bit ticked too but confident they will resolve the issue.

mtbr member
    Maybe I belong in the 'Old Curmudgeon' thread, but for the life of me I still can't work out why people think internal routing is a good idea...

mtbr member

Dear Knolly

It's not but sheeple want it. The routing on my Mach 6 is ridiculous. The external routing on my Chilcotin is great. Dave Turner did the right thing with the RFX.

J:
    Dear Knolly,

How much is the new Delirium?? Pls update the D page on the site, Thx

J:
    And what's the biggest tire you've tried in the rear

mtbr member
    While we're at it, how about that 29er 😎

mtbr member
    First world problems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Maybe I belong in the 'Old Curmudgeon' thread, but for the life of me I still can't work out why people think internal routing is a good idea...
    Yeah, I was pretty much in that same camp, but I love that they offered both options on the new Endorphin. I ran my rear brake line on top of the down tube using the super slick cable/hose keepers. Very clean. The derailleur cable was super easy to route inside the down tube using the large ports at top and appropriately sized 4mm exit ports at the bottom so I used internal routing for that.

Seems like a lot of work and headache for the manufacturer just to hide the cable for like 16" but it looks clean.

Now if the lower ports on the non-drive side would've just been drilled to 5mm for things like....Oh, I don't know..... 5mm hydraulic hoses I would not be upset by the internal routing capability at all, even though I don't think it was necessary either.

People wanted it and Knolly went out of their way to provide it, while still providing the option of clean external routing so good on them.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Seems like a lot of work and headache for the manufacturer just to hide the cable for like 16" but it looks clean.
    The manufacturer? What about the rider? I have no interest in 'hiding' just over a foot of brake or dropper cable given the amount of extra cutting and bleeding of lines it will take to accomplish this. The option is nice, but I wouldn't use it given the choice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    It's not but sheeple want it. The routing on my Mach 6 is ridiculous. The external routing on my Chilcotin is great. Dave Turner did the right thing with the RFX.
    Yup. The V1 M6 routing is stupid. They seem to have fixed that on the V2 and went external on the AL version of the M6.

When I buy my next bike external cables get bonus points.

I've got no issue with stealth dropper routing - at least as far as I have seen it implemented so far.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    I think the internal routing looks awesome, and with the dropper cable out of the way, it helps with clamping the bike into a bike stand by the top tube, without futzing around with the cable in the way.

I also think it helps with cable rubbing on the steer tube, which is always a pet peeve of mine. I try to avoid rubbing the paint job, with varying degrees of success.
    "My car of choice is a 12 year old civic that runs on the tears of my life choices." - redditor