DBAIR 'stuck down'

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  catch22 
#1 ·
Went to go ride the Chilly this morning and found this:
176psi and it will not go to full extension....any ideas

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It needs to go in for service. Had mine do the same about a week ago. Went out for a ride and shock was sagging waaaaay too much at normal psi, I added about 20 more thinking maybe it was an issue with it being about 45 degrees out at the time. Still about 50% sag and upon closer inspection it was only showing about 1.75" of the shaft with no weight on the bike. Took it home and pulled it off the bike and when I let some psi out it sucked down. Called CC about it and they said it will definitely need to be sent in for service as it sounds like air was migrating from the positive to the negative spring.

They did mention that if you could get the seal head off there is a quad seal underneath that may have just rolled over but that usually it has been damaged to have this happen. In our case there is no way to do that because you can't get a tool on the seal head with it stuck down.

#7 ·
Frustrating for sure man. As a whole they seem pretty reliable for people and it definitely rides great when right. I'm wondering if I got an early run lemon. Had it on preorder before they were available. Last year it developed a slow leak and developed an issue where air was leaking into oil after 6 months of bi-weekly rides. Got it serviced in the off season under warranty and all was well until a couple months ago when the slow air pressure leak between rides started up again. Thought I would be able to finish the season on it and got close. I'll probably stick with it once it's back but part of me is thinking of just going to a Monarch Plus for simplicity and something I can service with 95% the performance.

#10 ·
Just a little update on mine. So last year when I sent it in they did the high flow sleeve thing and to deal with the leak issues I was having they replaced the whole sub assembly. This time when they got it and pulled it apart they discovered the sub-assembly was missing one of the o-rings that separates the pos and neg air chambers. They're taking care of that and replacing the oil sealhead assembly as well to make sure all is well with it. Pretty stoked to get it back now and glad to hear it was more of an oversight issue than a reliability issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.