Calm like a Bomb

Considering a podium..

Considering a podium, coming from a M9 looking or something that jumps well, can handle the rough and is lively.

What do you like and what do you not like about your podium? trails here are not super steep and fairly smooth

Unit 91
    I am interested to hear replies. Not to push off topic, but how will a Podium compare to how a Endo rides? If its at all similar (i.e. suspension action, playfulness, etc), I will have my V10 up in no time.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I usually dont post anything but I have to give you my opinion on new podium.My last 3 DH bikes were a 2012 demo 8,Turner DHR, and TR450. I have to say the podium is very lively and stable at the same time.It jumps as nice as my demo 8 did but rips the rough so good which the demo 8 did not. I never really got comfortable on my DHR could never get right setup. First ride on new podium i felt so good on it,really quite and plush but just progressive enough rip jump lines.Rides nothing like a beastly plow bike that it looks like.Its improved my riding so much in last 2 months!

Calm like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by fedup2 View Post
    I usually dont post anything but I have to give you my opinion on new podium.My last 3 DH bikes were a 2012 demo 8,Turner DHR, and TR450. I have to say the podium is very lively and stable at the same time.It jumps as nice as my demo 8 did but rips the rough so good which the demo 8 did not. I never really got comfortable on my DHR could never get right setup. First ride on new podium i felt so good on it,really quite and plush but just progressive enough rip jump lines.Rides nothing like a beastly plow bike that it looks like.Its improved my riding so much in last 2 months!
    Good to hear, I was considering a DHR but don't think it will fit my riding style. I enjoyed how plush and forgiving the M9 was as it made me a better ride- just want something similar with a little more liveliness

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I used to have a v10 and now ride both the Endo and Podium. The podium is like the Endo on steroids. Most playful Dh bike I've been on and is like a magic carpet ride .

mtbr member
    Trust...you can trust it will take what you decide to throw at it
    Fun...you will do whatever it takes to get back on this bike
    Versatile...park or gnar there is no compromise

Here is what I rode this year and the winter will be long!!!

Considering a podium..-image.jpg

Here are some more of my thoughts from the past year.

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Trust...you can trust it will take what you decide to throw at it
    Fun...you will do whatever it takes to get back on this bike
    Versatile...park or gnar there is no compromise

Here is what I rode this year and the winter will be long!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	208.8 KB 
ID:	845696

Here are some more of my thoughts from the past year.

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!
    nice to see this bike back up, remember it, like the tweeks. how have you got on with the CCDB Coil & Boxxer (r2c2?) combo?
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    nice to see this bike back up, remember it, like the tweeks. how have you got on with the CCDB Coil & Boxxer (r2c2?) combo?
    It took about 5 rides to really get the suspension proper (DB COIL/ Boxxer World Cup). I'm exceptionally happy with my set up. The bike, however, immediately felt comfortable, familiar, and natural. There was no getting used to the geometry. Riders behind me have made comments that it looks like I'm riding a flat trail. It's a simple statement but says a lot about the bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    if the likes of garret and james,(beuhler/doerfling) are pushing the limits of and cant find the limits of this bike then the rest of us never will.
    its a truely amazing bike, you wont be dissapointed, i found my confidance and skills growing when i rode my podium in whistler. it jumps really nice. corners well, and decends great. it felt every bit as good as cols carbon demo... and yes the endo feels like a mini podium. very stiff through corners specially for drifting. ive never had the rear out before, but on the endo found myself drifting turns with out even trying. great fun lol.