Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chill pod phin

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

chill pod phin

so most of parts have arrived, and the time has finally come to get the bikes built. we managed to get cols chilly built, but ran out of time, so only managed to get the essential on to my bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

to be continued,
    more images to follow when the build continue at the weekend,
    daddy (colin) and uncle ian werent the only people to get a new bike, heres a worn out little summer and her new bike to.

this is what happens when nanny and granddad take little grand daughter out for a long bike ride lol. one worn out tired niece lol.

mtbr member
    Totally awesome, many congratulations!! keep the pics coming, got the popcorn out and sitting comfy
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    once again i would like to say massive massive thanks to kev and noel and all the guys at knolly for making this fantastic deal possible, and for making some of the best bikes available, and for standing by thier products and sopporting their customers.
    noel and kev thanks again guys.

mtbr member
    folks youve got to rep ian for having all three knollys
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Thats quite a pack you've got started there. Very impressive. Now go get them dirty!

mtbr member
    Wow mama, my noob head would explode trying to deal with that magnificent Knolly trifecta all at once.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Knolly hattrick!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    lol... how do you guys think i have felthaving the frames sat in the box in the wardrobe for the last 4 weeks, just begging to be built up and ridden lol. we have been waiting for all the parts to come so we could get them built. lol. will probably be in whistler the first time they get dirty lol. 3 weeks and counting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    lol... how do you guys think i have felthaving the frames sat in the box in the wardrobe for the last 4 weeks, just begging to be built up and ridden lol. we have been waiting for all the parts to come so we could get them built. lol. will probably be in whistler the first time they get dirty lol. 3 weeks and counting.
    Try to get a few local rides in before your trip if possible because adjusting the suspension takes a bit of time to sort out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    it's weekend again, and a sunny one to, more parts to throw on the bikes.

check ot the personalised chromag knolly bling,,,, hope you likey

check out hee carbon mud guards from rockguardz. we went down to see him yesterday, so he could take mouldings for the frames to make some rockgurdz for the knollies, he should have them up on his website soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    so the budget for the endo has gone out of the window lol... i really wanted to do a light build so had to have a next sl crank lol.

mtbr member
    perfect day indeed.

Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    all bikes are looking so good, but the Podium steals the show for me, absolutley LOVE IT!
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    all bikes are looking so good, but the Podium steals the show for me, absolutley LOVE IT!
    hope it rides as good as it looks. i will be a happy little chappy if it does. lol.
    almost perfect lol. apart from not just breaking but totally smashing my proposed budget lol.
    oh well no point dieing ritch and miserable is there lol,,, piss poor and happy is defo the way to go lol.

mtbr member
    hope it rides as good as it looks. i will be a happy little chappy if it does. lol.
    almost perfect lol. apart from not just breaking but totally smashing my proposed budget lol.
    oh well no point dieing rich and miserable is there lol,,, piss poor and happy is defo the way to go lol.
    A great investment. Just sold 2 bikes to build the Chilcotin. Planning more. Doing this meticulously to make sure ive get bikes to keep long term. These are those. Its so expensive chopping and changing, dont want to go there again. Fortunately it only took a few weeks to realise that the Chilcotin was going to be a keeper, wont ever sell it.

These new bikes can't really be improved on by any significant amount, only made lighter or given fancy paint jobs (which grow tiring after a while anyway).

I look forward to the day where ive a full stable again (5 bikes: cyclocross (for the commute), am hartail, Endo, Chilcotin, DH) of long term keeper bikes.

Your in a really lucky position. Alot of folks out there struggle to put together one good bike.

Enjoy the ride mate, your stable is full of thorough breds now. Stay injury free, sunny days are so sad when all you can do is look at them.

Please post dirty pics of them soon
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ok,,, so we are now 3 days into the whistler trip.... and the bikes just continue to impress.
    when we rebuilt them on sautrday night, we put them on the scales aka dream crushers to weigh them, cols chilli came in at 32lbs, he's happy with that considering the build kit,
    i had grand ambitions, and failed on one but almost got the other lol. the podium topped the scales at 36lbs, not bad i was aiming for 35lb but could easily get it to 34 with a bos idylle sc air,
    the endo i was hoping for arround 27lb, imagine my heart ache and dissapointment when it topped out at 30lbs.. i guess the wheels and fork are were the weight is on this build. oh well it still rides nice and climbs great so cant complain.

%$#$*!
    Lol at scales being dream crushers... A similar thing happened to me when I weighed my endo. I've got it down to 29.4lbs. (with lyrik, ccdbair, dropper post, 2.2 trail kings). Was hoping for it to be lighter but the bike still rips regardless. It can be easy to get hung up on numbers but man I don't even remember after hopping on the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Your Podium weighs less than my Chili, weight isn't the biggest factor. Beer and good times are...

Bnerd
    My Delirium is heavier than your Podium!
    But I never set out with counting grams for my build. I'm big and ride hard in the park so it needs to last.

Delirian, would you have been with the group of 3 I passed this afternoon on the Farside trail along the Cheakamus River? One was on a blue Knolly and a woman on a Lapierre. I didn't see what the third person was on.
    I was out for a quick rip. I was the giant in the red jacket on a mission. My wife and I have a loop in the area that we time ourselves on as a "friendly" competition.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    My Delirium is heavier than your Podium!
    But I never set out with counting grams for my build. I'm big and ride hard in the park so it needs to last.

Delirian, would you have been with the group of 3 I passed this afternoon on the Farside trail along the Cheakamus River? One was on a blue Knolly and a woman on a Lapierre. I didn't see what the third person was on.
    I was out for a quick rip. I was the giant in the red jacket on a mission. My wife and I have a loop in the area that we time ourselves on as a "friendly" competition.
    yes that was me and col. i was the one on the blue endo. col was on the raw chilli. and chris, on the snapierre, lol @ woman comment, he's a new rider so we were showing him some easy trails.
    i can only appologise for being the dumb prick that stopped in front of you making you stop, sorry . note to self stay to the side.

Bnerd
    yes that was me and col. i was the one on the blue endo. col was on the raw chilli. and chris, on the snapierre, lol @ woman comment, he's a new rider so we were showing him some easy trails.
    i can only appologise for being the dumb prick that stopped in front of you making you stop, sorry . note to self stay to the side.
    LOL!
    Sorry about the woman comment!
    I was moving quickly and only glanced briefly at everyone.
    I was actually surprised to see anyone out on the trails as the weather has been so **** today.

Hit me up with a PM if you want to go out for a ride any time in the next couple of weeks while you're here. I'm only working casually for the next 2 weeks so my schedule is quite open. Just give me a day or so notice so I can barter child minding for riding time with my wife. We try to give each other equal time on the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    lol to be honest he was riding like a complete tart anyway so i can and understand how you got confused ha a ha,
    yeah we were quite surprised to see a fellow rider out there to, as the weather was pretty shitty to say the least, somtimes you got to man the fook up don the waterproofs and get wet lol.
    it would be cool to meet up ad shred a trail or 2 with you,,,
    Last edited by delirian; 06-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    so to follow on with a ride report,
    unfortunatly i cant really give much on the new bikes, as i only managed a few short rides due to crappy weather and a back injury, i only got to ride the endo 3 times and the podium 5 times, and 1 quick ride on cols chilli,
    the endo felt amazing to ride, easy to pedal uphill grips and climbs super nice. and felt like it decends good to, (though i only really did one proper techy decent so cant really comment for now)
    i only had a very short spin on cols chilcotin, and it felt nice, differant to the endo, it climbed well, grips well corners nice and decends well, though like i said it was a very very short spin on lost lake, ( only one small section on the pea gravel trail)
    of all 3 bikes i got the most time on the podium before disaster struck and my back went on strike lol.
    the podium like the others is an awesome bike, its so fast, it feels stable and inspires confidance, it picks up speed so quick, and it jumps really nice to, super fun poppy bike, again i cant give much feedback at the mo, as i only got 5 rides thanks to my glass back, will give more indeph reviews when i get back on them, got to go through some intense physio to get me back to strengh and into the saddle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Nice bikes you have built up there. Too bad about your back, that sucks, but the weather is nice so maybe head to the beach and check out some talent. Really want one of those Chromag stem caps now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast