Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,471

    Chilis in NJ - Raw frame pic and weight

    The Chilis have arrived. Here is my Medium Raw. Weighed 8 lbs 1 oz with DBair and rear axle. Love the Raw. Cant wait to build this sucker up.




  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Very nice! (better clean your lens)

  3. #3
    it's just baby phat..
    Reputation: phatbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    857
    Don't you mean that you can't wait to HAVE this sucker built up? Why is your Blur missing a rear derailleur? 2 road bikes? Such a roadie. Clean your lens!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nybike1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,817
    Very nice! Mine should be here sometime next week, assuming Drop'n'Zone got their shipment yesterday or today.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    looks good. can't wait for mine. have all my parts just waiting

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,108
    I like my black one but man that raw just looks badass.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: F.N.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I like my black one but man that raw just looks badass.
    You get it yet?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rscecil007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    You get it yet?
    Yessir, and it's 99.9% complete. I'll post pics and build specs tomorrow or Thursday. Just waiting on the pedals, and they arrive tomorrow.

    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    21
    what pedal do you guys recommend? for a platform.

  10. #10
    lurker extraordinaire
    Reputation: AZDesertRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by smokingblues` View Post
    what pedal do you guys recommend? for a platform.
    I really like the Kona Wah Wah's. There are a few brands out there, but they're all pretty much the same pedal (of course they won't say that). Kona Wah Wah, Deity Decoy, Premium Slim, to name a few.

    One of the guys here in AZ is running some VP 59's and they were pretty nice too, especially for the price. They're super thin at only 11mm. I've seen some people online complaining about grip because they only have 5 pins on each side, but I rode his bike for a couple hours and didn't have any issues with grip.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: F.N.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Yessir, and it's 99.9% complete. I'll post pics and build specs tomorrow or Thursday. Just waiting on the pedals, and they arrive tomorrow.

    Awesome. Congrats.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wilks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,471
    It's built although cables need trimming a bit. Will post pics tomorrow. 31 lbs on the nose.

  13. #13
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Buehliever
    Reputation: TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks View Post
    It's built although cables need trimming a bit. Will post pics tomorrow. 31 lbs on the nose.
    Lightest build I've seen yet. What are the specs?

  14. #14
    pedal up
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    229

    twenty6

    Quote Originally Posted by smokingblues` View Post
    what pedal do you guys recommend? for a platform.

    twenty6. expensive though hard pressed to find a more suited finishing touch to an uber-boutique Chilcoltin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chilis in NJ - Raw frame pic and weight-sparkle_26_pedal.jpg  

    Chilis in NJ - Raw frame pic and weight-_i4i6333.jpg  


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    for my raw frame i broke down and bought a set of race face sixc cranks. they were such a good deal i couldn't pass them up. have a deville coming for mine. chromag bar, seat and stem. db air. xtr rear derailler, straitline silent guide. king hubs on flows. muddy mary tires. twenty six pedals. renthal chainring. have a thomson post and a reverb too. hope tech 4 brakes with 185mm rotors. xt shifter and 11-36 cassette

    hope to be low 30's. chomping at the bit now that they are showing up. mine's in the next batch. hopefully they hit their delivery date on them

  16. #16
    pedal up
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    229

    nice...

    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    for my raw frame i broke down and bought a set of race face sixc cranks. they were such a good deal i couldn't pass them up. have a deville coming for mine. chromag bar, seat and stem. db air. xtr rear derailler, straitline silent guide. king hubs on flows. muddy mary tires. twenty six pedals. renthal chainring. have a thomson post and a reverb too. hope tech 4 brakes with 185mm rotors. xt shifter and 11-36 cassette

    hope to be low 30's. chomping at the bit now that they are showing up. mine's in the next batch. hopefully they hit their delivery date on them
    nice... that'll be an interesting build. we should start a forum bet on the final weigh in.

    what size frame?

    RaceFace Sixc carbon bars would be a no brainer.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by biobike View Post
    nice... that'll be an interesting build. we should start a forum bet on the final weigh in.

    what size frame?

    RaceFace Sixc carbon bars would be a no brainer.
    medium frame.

    nah, chromag bars are good for me. if i was going carbon bar, it'd be an easton havoc carbon over the sixc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •