Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
    mtbr member
    +2..

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Giggity View Post
    Personally, I think you would be better off going a different route. I would go with shorter cranks or lower profile pedals or larger tires or an external headset cup or the higher BB setting and an angle adjusting headset if I wanted more pedal clearance. I wouldn't try to do it with the shock. This all assumes you are in the normal sag range to begin with of course.

Five5hot
    I apologize if this has been covered already but from my understanding the DBair and DBair CS have the same base tunes? So when I received my Knolly Spec'd DBair it came with a base tune card insert. I compared it to Cane Creek's website recommendations and it's different?! So..... what should I go by?

Chilcotin: The inevitable DB-air setup thread-img_2012.jpg

Chilcotin: The inevitable DB-air setup thread-img_2014.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The main difference I see is that the 2014 chart is for the CCDB shock with the Climb Switch. For this shock, it looks like the LSC and LSR were made more plush, probably because one can activate the climb switch when pedalling uphill.

mtbr member
    ^^ What F-Bomb said. You need less LSC and LSR with the CS, as you can flip the switch to firm it up. The idea is to keep it nice and plush on the flats and downs, and firm it up with the switch on the climbs!

Five5hot
    Thanks for clearing that up fellas. Now I see and understand the difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    My Chilcotin is from (probably) the first production run and my CCDB air setup is like:

120 PSI (for my ~165 lbs) -> SAG 20mm
    0 HSC (was 0.5)
    10 LCS (was 15)
    15 LSR
    1.5 HSR

Even though I set HSC to 0, I still miss 10mm of travel in my everyday rides. Last winter I had my shock serviced in Flat-Out Suspension in Germany. I'm pretty sure the inner air can was replaced as it was the very first version.
    I read last 4 pages of this thread and I was suprised there were other people with the same problem. I'm not really sure what are the options to solve it - should I get XV can?

mtbr member
    I would make sure that Flat-Out Suspension replaced the inner sleeve with the "High Flow" version.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15