Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBMarkWa View Post
    Whats interesting is if you let most of the air out of the shock and cycle it, there doesn't appear to be a bottom out bumper, or if there is one its extremely soft. So I'm not sure the air CCDB has one.
    I haven't pulled mine apart yet, but was referring to the bumper Noel mentions earlier in this thread:
    Chilcotin: The inevitable DB-air setup thread

There is also mention of cycling the shock to equalize the negative spring. Deflate, cycle shock, then re-inflate. Hopefully you get all the travel you paid for
    MCM #269

"Lightweight , durable , inexpensive
    Pick 2."

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLust View Post
    I haven't pulled mine apart yet, but was referring to the bumper Noel mentions earlier in this thread:
    Chilcotin: The inevitable DB-air setup thread

There is also mention of cycling the shock to equalize the negative spring. Deflate, cycle shock, then re-inflate. Hopefully you get all the travel you paid for
    Yep.. that is when I noticed the lack of a bumper, when making sure the negative spring was properly charged after putting on the XV can. For me it's not about getting every mm out of the rear suspension, but I felt that when I had the SAG set properly for me, and also got the HSC set to where I liked it, I could never use the last 3/8 of a inch of stroke no matter what I rode.

mtbr member

Re: Chilcotin: The inevitable DB-air setup thread

Hello.
    This evening I reconfigured my shox from the beginig.
    I configured a 30% of SAG, 18 mm, and l put the default ccdb air settings. Also I changed the cable and the case of the rear derallieur and I went out to test it.
    The result was the same, a lot of chain jumps and jerks when I climbeb.

I put 2 more clicks into the LSC and HSC setup. With this setup the transmission run better, but not nice. I have to seek the best setup.

Regards,

Enviado desde mi GT-P7500 usando Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    I don't understand how a shock setting can cause jumps and jerks on the chain? I've had my share of drivetrain issues, but none have ever been linked to the shock.

mtbr member
    Hello.
    I suppose the reason of my problem with the rear derailleur and the chain tension is when I'm climbing I press a lot the shock. Maybe I have a wrong rear derailleur setup but in the stand works fine. Maybe my Sram X9 Type 2 has an issue and is better to come back to the sram x9. I don't know but the problem is very tricky.

When I mounted the Leonardi the first time I had a shortest chain and the rear derailleur was the sram x9. I had a lot of chain outs and for this reason I bought the MRP AMg and the SRAM x9 type2.

Tomorrow I will bring the bike to a workshop.
    Last edited by graypaw; 06-27-2013 at 10:01 AM.

mtbr member
    I honestly wondered the same myself when I got the chilcotin in the first full production run. having come from several DW bikes. No anti squat and all that. Was worried about rear wallow. Our trails are very short but steep techy rocky rooty affairs. I'm not sure how it works but even with lots of sag the bike climbs amazingly well and the from end (I've ran 55 and deville forks) just stays planted.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    graypaw, have you checked the derailleur hanger alignment? If it's straight and the derailleur is set correctly with high/low screws and cable tension I can't see why you would be having shifting issues. No matter how poorly tuned the shock might be (sounds like you have it back to recommended settings) I can't see how the shifting would be related to this. Do you have a picture of how the cable is routed? If the bends are extreme enough it could cause ghost shifting, but again it's not the shock tune.

The only other thing I can think of is chain line. If it's out enough the shifting issues would be more noticeable when the chain is under tension. Unfortunately it always shifts better in the stand
    MCM #269

Pick 2."

Yebo Numzaan
    Ja, now you have perhaps identified the real issue...also look for stiff links in the chain (pedal backwards with the bike in the stand and look for skips in the derailuer / feel for kinks I the chain as it leaves the derailuer pully or even visually look for kinks)...often times the chain will work fine in the work stand or even when pedaling lightly...but as soon as you throw down some power...it will start skipping.

I had a similar shifting issue recently (Totally random and sporadic ghost shifting) ..and it turned out to be that the derailuer was loose...just a 1/2 turn of the allen to snug it up and problem solved.

good luck.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    The last weekend I had time do to several test and changes to find the real problem.
    I came back to the rear sram X9 derailleur, I took off the chain guide, I changed again cable and the cover, but the problem remains. This afternoon I want to take off the NSB 30T chainring and restore the AKA chainring 32T to try to keep the Leonardi 40T.

Surely, is not a problem with my rear shox but I still think that the CCDB air affect in my transmission system more than other shock with propedal. But I like how it flow downhill

Thanks a lot for your advices and answers
    Last edited by graypaw; 07-03-2013 at 08:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Hello.
    News from Cane Creeck:
    Climb Switch Technology

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by graypaw View Post
    Hello.
    News from Cane Creeck:
    Climb Switch Technology
    notice the bike they were testing it on.

Zombie Uprising
    What, why?
    Norco Range Killer B1,
    Specialized Enduro S-works
    Orange Five

You mean they're all linkage actuated single pivots or just single pivots?
    Last edited by tp806; 07-10-2013 at 10:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    What, why?
    Norco Range Killer B1,
    Ibis Mojo HDR.

You mean they're both 650b?
    Cane Creek DBair CS - First Look - Pinkbike

Zombie Uprising
    Oh yeah, but in their promo video, on their site, it is a Norco Range Killer B.
    I guess each tester is using a different (their own) bike to test the new shock.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp806 View Post
    What, why?
    Norco Range Killer B1,
    Specialized Enduro S-works
    Orange Five

You mean they're all linkage actuated single pivots or just single pivots?
    Only one of those is a single pivot.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    4 weeks without me able riding my chili due to delay in getting my shock serviced. i told chris form cc about it and he sent me a new one incl. xv can.
    what shall i say? now it's running like hell. the shock feels like lots of travel and transmits confindence. i'm very happy now but i think that the x-tra airvol was necessary.
    thanks chris for the great support.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Definitely interested in hearing feedback from this new shock. It seems ideal for a Chili.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Finally getting some good DH time on my chili. I'm finding the shock a little slow with the stock settings. I have since backed off the LSC and LSR a few clicks from the recommended settings on the CC website. I also gave it 1/2 turn less HSR. It's getting closer, but 2 weeks in Whistler/Squamish/North Van should get it sorted
    MCM #269

Pick 2."

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Anyone else getting a bit of a sucking sound from their CCDBA on the rebound stroke? If it was a DHX5 I would say cavitation and time for a rebuild. I haven't ridden the CCDBA enough to think that's possible. Maybe it's normal for this shock to make a bit of noise?
    MCM #269

Pick 2."

mtbr member
    I was getting sucking noise with my CCDB Coil, when it was brand new, during rebound. Now that I have a dozen rides on it, it seems to have gone away.
    "My riding style - like I'm being chased by a clown." - rscecil007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    I was getting sucking noise with my CCDB Coil, when it was brand new, during rebound. Now that I have a dozen rides on it, it seems to have gone away.
    oh this is awesome - to be taken soo many ways......... :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Reviving this thread to ask for suggestions on tuning. I'm looking to raise the BB height a little bit to reduce pedal strikes. If I put more PSI in the shock and reduce sag, should I be reducing the damping to ensure I still get full travel?
    MCM #269

Pick 2."

Yebo Numzaan
    I was contemplating this last night - and to some degree i think this would be true - however the two factors (damping / air pressure) are not (i believe) directly correlated. My way of understanding it is that damping is based on shaft velocity and the effect should be the same anywhere in the stroke whereas air pressure ramps up in a non linear fashion. It is easier to get the first 5mm of travel than the last 5mm of travel.

Regardless...they must (?) compensate each other to some degree and I was planning on adding 3psi and taking off a random 1/2 turn of HSC.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeLust View Post
    Reviving this thread to ask for suggestions on tuning. I'm looking to raise the BB height a little bit to reduce pedal strikes. If I put more PSI in the shock and reduce sag, should I be reducing the damping to ensure I still get full travel?
    Personally, I think you would be better off going a different route. I would go with shorter cranks or lower profile pedals or larger tires or an external headset cup or the higher BB setting and an angle adjusting headset if I wanted more pedal clearance. I wouldn't try to do it with the shock. This all assumes you are in the normal sag range to begin with of course.
    Only two infinite things exist: the universe and stupidity. And, I am unsure of the universe
    - Albert Einstein

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast