mtbr member
    Jun 2010

chilcotin frame weight

hi
    I'm thinking about the new chilcotin as my next bike.
    coming from SJ EVO - the weight issue is important for me.
    I could find lots a complete build weights but not the frame weight.

can somebody tell how much chilcotin frame size Small weights?(i'm 171 cm height)
    and ofcourse with what kind of rear shock.

thanks!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Chilcotin Builds Thread shows a small frame by itself on an accurate scale with a Fox shock. Check it out.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Frame weights are going to very a bit. I have seen a small raw with rp23 @ 7 1/2 lbs. My medium painted frame with ccdb air came out of the box at 8lbs 3 ounce. I just put a medium raw with rp23 and cane creek headset already installed and it was 7 lbs 14 ounces.

if weight is that important, than go with raw or anno black as the paint adds a couple of ounces

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    thanks for the info.
    I'm not looking to save the grams.. just want to build a bike that would not exceed 14kg wet with all.
    my SJ COMP EVO is 13.5 kg wet with tubeless, pedals, dropper seat post...
    If I am to replace them so preffer not to gain too much weight, but still move to a more agressive bike.
    also looking at the new Liteville 301 mk11 - comming out the end of this month, the 301 will be a lighter build as the frame weights 2.45kg at medium (and i need small) so could be a bit less.
    that means about 1 kg less in the frame alone!
    the choice will not be easy..

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Those Litevilles look pretty cobby compared to a Knolly, almost homemade.

mtbr member
    love the look of the 301. I wonder how it would compare to the endo/Chili. I have read that the suspension is a bit difficult to set up but once it is, it's supposed to be great.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Actually the liteville frame is made in high quality and to the smallest details.
    The 301 is exactly in the middle between the knoly frames. it takes 160 front and back travel is 160/140 depends on the link u buy. So more agressive then endorphin but less then the chilli.
    The dilema is not easy...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gozal View Post
    Actually the liteville frame is made in high quality and to the smallest details.
    The 301 is exactly in the middle between the knoly frames. it takes 160 front and back travel is 160/140 depends on the link u buy. So more agressive then endorphin but less then the chilli.
    The dilema is not easy...
    the 301 just looks weird to me, i like the looks of the 601 much better and think it compares much closer to the chili than the 301 does. the 301 is more endo territory, i know you can run 160mm links on it, but it is definitely a much lighter weight frame than the chili.

liteville make some great frames, but imho the 301 is not going to be anywhere as capable as the chili. if you were comparing the 601, then i'd say get out for a test ride on them and then decide

i do like how liteville change the stay lengths as the frames change is size, that's a nice touch.
    Last edited by qbert2000; 01-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.