Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

chilcotin first impression

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  loolilon 
#1 · (Edited)
So finally they arrived. first i just stared at them for hours..... Then rode three days on my familiar trails
I admit that at first I was scared of the weight. 15 kg is not what I expected but the bike just can hide it well
In one sentence they just accelerate no matter what trail you ride..I was amazed from the speed which I was riding on my familiar trails
climing was o.k this is a 15 kg bike but the suspention helps a lot by tracking all the way up
air time was my big surprise from the very first jump they felt perfectly balanced in the air
I retired from dh and i was looking for a compromise bike in the middle(i had a podium before)
i founded perfection
so im in love

My goal in the future is to reduce weight
I will start with the tires....see how it goes

this is an amaizing bike one of the best out there....!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice bike. Rotational weight is the worst type of weight; so you're on the right track by switching to a lighter tire. That said, 15 kg (33 lbs) with a DBair and a dropper seat post is a good weight for a Chili. Personally, I've had my bike under 14 kg and over 16 kg and the difference in pedaling difficulty is very slight (caveat: vehicles with bike racks are what I usually use for longer climbs :D).

Some things to note:

--UST often adds weight unnecessarily because most rims seal up fine with "tubeless ready" tires.

--The DHF comes in many, many versions--some for AM riding and some for DH riding. Those made for DH are quite a bit heavier. You probably know this but I had to learn it the hard way. :arf: Good thing I have a DH bike to put the DH version on. :thumbsup:

#12 ·
If it's really minute, ignore it, you don't want those things fitting super tight. RWC needle bearing kits do this too (don't think they fit CC eyelets). Fox stuff fits so tight sometimes I need new settings after the bushing break in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.