Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chilcotin compared to Enduro

9K views 70 replies 21 participants last post by  leokbm 
#1 ·
I know it's a vague question! I have a 2010 Enduro which I like. Just thinkign I might try somehting new but not sure if the FSR would be that different of a riding bike. Frames weight about the same, geo is pretty close also. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#61 ·
Here is a photo of my head tube and headset. I checked it again in two different places, 65 degrees.

I think I figured it out, supplier installed the wrong headset.
Two points. It really doesn't matter what the numbers are. What matters is that you get it set up the way that you like to ride it. Of course, numbers are important for expressing in a concrete way, how something you are noticing feels off. Personally, I have always found it very easy to climb with very slack head angles, whereas a lot of folks complain about lifting the front end etc. So it may not be much of a problem once you get used to it.

Having said that, my Chilly used the CK Inset (zero stack) headset and a Fox 160 fork, for the reasons you mentioned. I wanted the option to go 170 or 180mm if I did more FR/DH on it than I was anticipating. I also wanted to separate it from my Delirium T.

I hope you solve your problems and fall in love with the bike like I have. The Chilcotin can do so much, it's just incredible.

(pic of the headset)

Attachments

#60 · (Edited)
First impressions, pretty sweet and feels nothing like my Enduro. Will need to fine tune the CCDB Air as we all know. Got the pedaling dialed in to a degree, but will need to see if like it on small bumps. Have to address either the bottom cup or maybe a longer stem, 70 currently. I have 28 inch bars and they felt narrow, also hard pedaling on steeps the front would lift on me. Think this could be as the frame is shorter than the Enduro was, as I feel like it is a lot tighter cockpit and numbers state this. Not sure but I am thinking the bars might be to close so I am pulling up on them more than I have in the past. This was also my first ride so I am nto going to get too carried away yet making changes.

Ride one was great, I know I will love this bike as soon as I fine tune everything.

Tisser, I have to agree this bike rails the corners as well as coming down VOAZ. I have never ridden lower cheese before, I got 80 percent today and messed up that last drop. Heck I had not even dropped in on the Enduro. Had come close but never had pulled the trigger. Little time on this ride and I'll be over on Hairball!

#66 ·
as one who have a problem in deciding enduro comp vs chilli :)
I have to ask you guys who had an enduro (lastest 11/12/13) model:
is the chilli a better climber from the suspension and geometry side?
what are your impresions and please add in the shocks u had on the enduro and chilli so i'll have a better perspective.
TQ!

#67 ·
My 2 cents,

I rode a 2010 Enduro for 2 years. Great frame only issue was thin downtube and rocks. Had to replace one frame for major dent. Perfornace I liek the Enduro a lot with the RS Monarch RC3 Plus from Push, which they no longer offer. I hate Fox air shocks so it not fair for me to judge the Fox RP23 performance. I think it is my weight that help blow through the travel on Fox shocks. Enduro climbed well and was stable going downhill. Turned well and overall I would ride an Enduro again.

Knolly: Finally got the rider position nailed. Last night was my first ride where I felt great on the bike. Knolly shines on just about everything Traction is great, but am getting rid of the Bronson out back. I have the CCDB Air, Would be interesting to see how that shock played on the Enduro. But since Specy uses a special stroke and have grooves machined in to the shock for the clevis, that not going to happen. Knolly is so smooth without lose of pedaling efficiency.

After riding the Enduro for 2 years and the Knolly 10 times. I give the edge to the Knolly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.