Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pescecane View Post
    what are your impressions about the lateral stiffness and rigidity??...i have a 2010 Endo...its swingarms look like to be twice the diateter of the Chilotin...i am considering it for having more tralev but this....make me have some dubts about it....what do you think???...thanks
    I saw this question in the other thread. Same answer - I test rode the 2012 Chilcotin and was blown away by how stiff it was laterally. I now own a 2013 Endorphin and the lateral stiffness is perhaps my favorite "feature" of the frame. I've never ridden a Speshy Enduro, but I hear they are great. Don't let the tubing size or the 4x4 linkage fool you into thinking a Knolly may not be stiff laterally. I assure you, Knollys are laterally stiff.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Ahhh interesting, I'm guessing that the external cup is quite tall and/or the a-c on the 170 Lyrik is around 565mm?

Whats the app called, it sounds pretty handy.
    Just search the apps for angle finder. There are a few different ones. I also have a cheap dial indicator from Home Depot at the office.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    We (yes "we") have been working on both an Ebay store and being able to purchase the springs directly from the springtime website Springtime. Both should be live shortly after the Taiwan crew comes back from their 3 week long holiday. Look for a discount code the first few weeks they are live, AND thanks for giving him the tantrums.
    woohoo look at me, I am finally a real live industry guy!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy

mtbr member
    where are you measuring your HA? Seems very slack, for what components you have. Maybe measure the BB height too.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    woohoo look at me, I am finally a real live industry guy!!!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy
    Everytime you open your mouth you just prove to the world what a loser you really are.

Shovel Ready
    I did not get the noticed before buying, you had to fight like siblings over the last piece of Halloween candy if you rode a Knolly or DSP shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    thanks a lot....mine was only a thought looking at the pics, nothing else :-))
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    I saw this question in the other thread. Same answer - I test rode the 2012 Chilcotin and was blown away by how stiff it was laterally. I now own a 2013 Endorphin and the lateral stiffness is perhaps my favorite "feature" of the frame. I've never ridden a Speshy Enduro, but I hear they are great. Don't let the tubing size or the 4x4 linkage fool you into thinking a Knolly may not be stiff laterally. I assure you, Knollys are laterally stiff.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    where are you measuring your HA? Seems very slack, for what components you have. Maybe measure the BB height too.
    Middle of the down tube and lowers. Both came up the same. BB height was 14 inches to the center of the crank spindle. Which is about right as listed on the website, 13.8.

Shovel Ready
    Here is a photo of my head tube and headset. I checked it again in two different places, 65 degrees.

I think I figured it out, supplier installed the wrong headset.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chilcotin compared to Enduro-knolly98.jpg  

Shovel Ready
    First impressions, pretty sweet and feels nothing like my Enduro. Will need to fine tune the CCDB Air as we all know. Got the pedaling dialed in to a degree, but will need to see if like it on small bumps. Have to address either the bottom cup or maybe a longer stem, 70 currently. I have 28 inch bars and they felt narrow, also hard pedaling on steeps the front would lift on me. Think this could be as the frame is shorter than the Enduro was, as I feel like it is a lot tighter cockpit and numbers state this. Not sure but I am thinking the bars might be to close so I am pulling up on them more than I have in the past. This was also my first ride so I am nto going to get too carried away yet making changes.

Ride one was great, I know I will love this bike as soon as I fine tune everything.

Tisser, I have to agree this bike rails the corners as well as coming down VOAZ. I have never ridden lower cheese before, I got 80 percent today and messed up that last drop. Heck I had not even dropped in on the Enduro. Had come close but never had pulled the trigger. Little time on this ride and I'll be over on Hairball!
    Last edited by Cycle64; 02-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Here is a photo of my head tube and headset. I checked it again in two different places, 65 degrees.

I think I figured it out, supplier installed the wrong headset.
    Two points. It really doesn't matter what the numbers are. What matters is that you get it set up the way that you like to ride it. Of course, numbers are important for expressing in a concrete way, how something you are noticing feels off. Personally, I have always found it very easy to climb with very slack head angles, whereas a lot of folks complain about lifting the front end etc. So it may not be much of a problem once you get used to it.

Having said that, my Chilly used the CK Inset (zero stack) headset and a Fox 160 fork, for the reasons you mentioned. I wanted the option to go 170 or 180mm if I did more FR/DH on it than I was anticipating. I also wanted to separate it from my Delirium T.

I hope you solve your problems and fall in love with the bike like I have. The Chilcotin can do so much, it's just incredible.

(pic of the headset)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chilcotin compared to Enduro-chlicotin-pics-007-640-.jpg  

Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    What is your dog? He looks like my dogs twin(blue heeler), even the same colour collar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pescecane
    what are your impressions about the lateral stiffness and rigidity??...i have a 2010 Endo...its swingarms look like to be twice the diateter of the Chilotin...i am considering it for having more tralev but this....make me have some dubts about it....what do you think???...thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzalot View Post
    Just for the record here, the seat stay & chain stay tubes on the Chilcotin (and new 2013 Endorphin) are actually LARGER than the original Endorphin - at least where it matters.

Original Endorphin used 19 x 25mm (3/4 x 1") rectangular tubing for both seat stay and chain stay tubes. The Chilcotin and 2013 Endorphin use proprietary hydroformed tubes for the chainstay and the seat stay. The tubes are specific to each location (i.e. the seat stay and chain stay tubes look simliar, but are completely different). The tubes are tapered rearward, but where they weld to the seat stay yoke and the chain stay yoke, they are larger in width at 20mm (compared to previously 19mm). They are optimized bi-axially to deal with the loads presented on the frame even better than our older models with the straight rectangular tubes: so they are stiffer, at least as strong if not more so, and lighter weight while being livelier as well.

Just some frame nerding out

Cheers!
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

Shovel Ready
    Still dialing it in, but getting closer until I blew up the fork. Have a loaner Talas on it for now.

Shovel Ready
    Getting it dialed in but blew up my Lyrik. Have a loaner Talas on it now until I get a damper for the Lyrik.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    as one who have a problem in deciding enduro comp vs chilli :-)
    I have to ask you guys who had an enduro (lastest 11/12/13) model:
    is the chilli a better climber from the suspension and geometry side?
    what are your impresions and please add in the shocks u had on the enduro and chilli so i'll have a better perspective.
    TQ!

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by gozal View Post
    what are your impresions and please add in the shocks u had on the enduro and chilli so i'll have a better perspective.
    TQ!
    My 2 cents,

I rode a 2010 Enduro for 2 years. Great frame only issue was thin downtube and rocks. Had to replace one frame for major dent. Perfornace I liek the Enduro a lot with the RS Monarch RC3 Plus from Push, which they no longer offer. I hate Fox air shocks so it not fair for me to judge the Fox RP23 performance. I think it is my weight that help blow through the travel on Fox shocks. Enduro climbed well and was stable going downhill. Turned well and overall I would ride an Enduro again.

Knolly: Finally got the rider position nailed. Last night was my first ride where I felt great on the bike. Knolly shines on just about everything Traction is great, but am getting rid of the Bronson out back. I have the CCDB Air, Would be interesting to see how that shock played on the Enduro. But since Specy uses a special stroke and have grooves machined in to the shock for the clevis, that not going to happen. Knolly is so smooth without lose of pedaling efficiency.

After riding the Enduro for 2 years and the Knolly 10 times. I give the edge to the Knolly.

Delirious Tuck
    Quote Originally Posted by gozal View Post
    TQ!
    I've been on the 11 Sworks. No issues with Downtube, I did crack the shock linkage on the 2010 Sworks.

I think I posted my thoughts on this question earlier. Essentially the Chili BB climbs much more effectively in the tech than the Enduro and handles like a scalpel; on the downs the Enduro is a bit faster and likes to be fed more speed. Chili is still stable and fun and fast on the downs, but the enduro carves a bit better. All in I'll take the Chili over the Enduro (I'm selling the enduro to make room for Enduro29, not getting rid of the chili)

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by thefriar View Post
    I've been on the 11 Sworks. No issues with Downtube, I did crack the shock linkage on the 2010 Sworks.

I think I posted my thoughts on this question earlier. Essentially the Chili BB climbs much more effectively in the tech than the Enduro and handles like a scalpel; on the downs the Enduro is a bit faster and likes to be fed more speed. Chili is still stable and fun and fast on the downs, but the enduro carves a bit better. All in I'll take the Chili over the Enduro (I'm selling the enduro to make room for Enduro29, not getting rid of the chili)
    I agree the Enduro is a little more stable at speed. Lots of rocks here in Arizona, buddy crushed his BB shell on his 08 Carbon Enduro. Frame was toast after that.

RideDirt
    Chili def climbs a lot better then the Enduro not doubt , as for the downs and speed i think they are about equal , the enduro MIGHT have a slight edge on it , but im happy either way .

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    Chili def climbs a lot better then the Enduro not doubt , as for the downs and speed i think they are about equal , the enduro MIGHT have a slight edge on it , but im happy either way .
    In terms of jumps and drops ... between the enduro and the chilicotin , which one feels more solid on landings and balanced in the air ?

I know the thread is old but hope someone can comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3