Enduro/RC3 Plus = 7.7 pounds
    Chilcotin/CCDB Air = 8.0

That should make a 33.3 pound Chili.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycle64 View Post
    Enduro/RC3 Plus = 7.7 pounds
    Chilcotin/CCDB Air = 8.0

That should make a 33.3 pound Chili.
    What tires are you running? That it pretty close to the weight of mine, but I'm running an Avy Woodie
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    What tires are you running? That it pretty close to the weight of mine, but I'm running an Avy Woodie
    2.4 Purgatory Grid & Bronson out back. But I run 8 ounces of Flat Attack/Stans in each tire also.

Left the BB at the office, not driving to 36th Ave right now unless the alarm company is calling me.

The Enduro came in at 30LBS this week. And since I am moving over all the parts minus the frame. 33.3lbs in my book.

Sent you an image.

Knollician
    Great looking bike. I love the stealth! Glad to have you join Team Knolly! I can't wait to hear your impressions. Keep in ind it may take a few weeks to adjust to the "Knolly Ride" They do ride a bit differently than any other bike I have been on. But, once you figure it out...you will really appreciate the bike. I suspect it will take you a month or so to get the CCDB dialed in as well. Don't be afraid to play with it.

Before you know it, the rest of your crew will be on Knollys That's how it started in my crew. I bought one, and next thing you know....
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Shovel Ready
    I figured it will take some time to dial it in. But if you know what each dial does it should not be that hard. Might have to try the steep setting or change the Lyrik to 160, 170 and I have a 65 degree HA.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I figured it will take some time to dial it in. But if you know what each dial does it should not be that hard. Might have to try the steep setting or change the Lyrik to 160, 170 and I have a 65 degree HA.
    Leave the Lyrik at 170* and switch from steep to slack depending on terrain. FYI, chili pedals damn good at 65*, steep, slack, whatever. No flip flopping or front end wandering. I'm running a 180mm fork with zero stack inset and mine climbs like a (37 lb) goat.

TSC
    Buehliever
    I figured it will take some time to dial it in. But if you know what each dial does it should not be that hard.
    Cycle64, I hope you enjoy your bike. The HA setting really is a matter of preference, but from what I've read most people prefer the steep HA for both up and down; so I suggest you start there.

Questions for Everyone
    1) Is there a shock/fork out there that completely separates low-speed and high-speed adjustments from each other? (My belief is that you change your high-speed setting--even slightly--by changing you low-speed setting.)

If I'm right:

2) How independent are the dials on a CC?; and

3) Which adjustment affects another adjustment the most? (I'm guessing LSC affects HSC most.)
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Cycle64, I hope you enjoy your bike. The HA setting really is a matter of preference, but from what I've read most people prefer the steep HA for both up and down; so I suggest you start there.

Questions for Everyone
    1) Is there a shock/fork out there that completely separates low-speed and high-speed adjustments from each other? (My belief is that you change your high-speed setting--even slightly--by changing you low-speed setting.)

If I'm right:

2) How independent are the dials on a CC?; and

3) Which adjustment affects another adjustment the most? (I'm guessing LSC affects HSC most.)
    about 2 minutes in.....

Cane Creek Double Barrel Video - YouTube
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    That's a great video. Thanks for finding it!

However, it says that LSC doesn't effect LSR and that HSC doesn't effect HSR. I already had the worked out in my mind. I was wondering about LSC affecting HSC and LSR affecting HSR (or vise versa).

mtbr member
    Sold my carbon road bike this weekend which was a factor in getting the Chilcotin. Next was to see if DSP-Racing had a shock in stock. Trying to keep the weight down somewhat as I not a DH'er and do mostly pedal rides at PMP and SOMO in Arizona.

This morning's email.

Hi Tim

the shorter we have in stock is 8.5 e2e.

DSP have stop making short coil like this because no request or so... but i can suggess you the x-fusion vector hlr air with high volume air sleeve. that high volume air sleeve will support no problem your weight.

I looked at Avalanche this morning. Woodie and Chubie with Ti spring is pricey. Know they would be great shocks! But dang I thought I had this figured out using the DSP shock.
    Who did you talk to at DSP? I know we have all the listed sizes available. What size does the Chili take? 200x57? Everyone in Taiwan is celebrating their New Year until Feb 17 but you should be able to get one through Guillaume at S4 Suspension in Quebec.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    That's a great video. Thanks for finding it!

However, it says that LSC doesn't effect LSR and that HSC doesn't effect HSR. I already had the worked out in my mind. I was wondering about LSC affecting HSC and LSR affecting HSR (or vise versa).
    Force is force. I bet there is a range of overlap and I don't think it matters that much as long as the range the adjusters respond to doesn't overlap hugely.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Who did you talk to at DSP? I know we have all the listed sizes available. What size does the Chili take? 200x57? Everyone in Taiwan is celebrating their New Year until Feb 17 but you should be able to get one through Guillaume at S4 Suspension in Quebec.
    hahaha "we".

Shovel Ready
    I deleted the email but was told it was not available. Not sure who it was, but a buddy gave me the email address. He said it was a contact for DSP, since he had already purchased a DSP for his Titus. 2 weeks after I filled out the online question form, someone said they had it. At that point I had ordered the CCDB Air. I would have gone DSP if I had known that DSP had it available. My friend has been impressed with his so far.

Shovel Ready
    Took it into a big wash by my friends house, sweet.

Came in at 33.08 pounds. HA is 65 degrees in the steep position, 170 Lyrik. No pics yet, but since it is stealth ANO Black you would not see it anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    hahaha "we".
    D_O_U_C_H_E bag

mtbr member
    So tired of Qbert's mouth

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    hahaha "we".
    D_O_U_C_H_E bag
    My favorite "old married couple"! Haven't seen you two post in a while. Hope the kids are well; and neither of you has broken a hip.

xoxo

t

RideDirt
    LOL you guys argue like a married couple .

mtbr member
    Haha funny...my wife and I get along, maybe had a dozen arguments in 14 years of marriage.

mtbr member
    Took it into a big wash by my friends house, sweet.

Came in at 33.08 pounds. HA is 65 degrees in the steep position, 170 Lyrik. No pics yet, but since it is stealth ANO Black you would not see it anyway.
    Nice thread, enjoying watching the build come together.

One question though. Maybe I'm missing something, but how did you manage 65 degrees in the steep setting?
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Nice thread, enjoying watching the build come together.

One question though. Maybe I'm missing something, but how did you manage 65 degrees in the steep setting?
    I am running a Lyric RC2DH set at 170mm. Bolt hole closest to the seat tube has a HA of 64, furthest from the seat tube is 65. Using my Driod app to take the HA reading.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    DSP? Can I get a discount on a Ti spring for all the tantrum's I've given him?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    what are your impressions about the lateral stiffness and rigidity??...i have a 2010 Endo...its swingarms look like to be twice the diateter of the Chilotin...i am considering it for having more tralev but this....make me have some dubts about it....what do you think???...thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    DSP? Can I get a discount on a Ti spring for all the tantrum's I've given him?
    We (yes "we") have been working on both an Ebay store and being able to purchase the springs directly from the springtime website Springtime. Both should be live shortly after the Taiwan crew comes back from their 3 week long holiday. Look for a discount code the first few weeks they are live, AND thanks for giving him the tantrums.

mtbr member
    I am running a Lyric RC2DH set at 170mm. Bolt hole closest to the seat tube has a HA of 64, furthest from the seat tube is 65. Using my Driod app to take the HA reading.
    Ahhh interesting, I'm guessing that the external cup is quite tall and/or the a-c on the 170 Lyrik is around 565mm?

Whats the app called, it sounds pretty handy.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast