mtbr member
    Jan 2009

ccdba, air leak question.

this is the first chance ive had to get online since coming home from whistler 3 weeks ago,

i noticed when i was in whistler that my dba on the podium seems to be loosing pressure, roughly about 15-20 psi a week, would it be safe to assume there's a fault with it, or would general bikepark riding and a few hard casings on big jumps like aline and dirt merchant cause the shock to loose preassure.

i first noticed this on my first day, we went to collect our bikes from fanatyko as scott had kindly stored them for us since we went home in june, my first run the shock felt crap, kept bottoming out, so i checked the pressure, there was like 80 psi in there, it should be arround 125 psi,
    just over a week later, it was bottoming out again, and not popping off jumps very well. again i checked it. pressure was down to 110psi from 125.

what do you fellow knolly guys think, i may email malc @ cc to see what he says.
    thanks in advance guys.

mtbr member
    Do a leak check, then give them a ring:

The Lounge | Rider Forums | CCDB Air CS & Specialized Enduro 2013

In CCs words (3rd comment down)... "The first step is to remove the shock from the bike, pressurize it to 150psi or so and dunk it under water. You should be able to easily spot the air leak from bubbles exiting the shock. Even if the air valve is tight, it could still be the cause of the leak if it's seal has been damaged. Once you've done a leak down test, give our tech support team a call at 800-234-2725 and we'll figure it out from there."
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    Tweed Valley, Scotland.