Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Delirious Tuck

Bring the Knolly forum back a few years with a new twist...

Post your podium and your whiskey of choice to accompany these dang fine machines...

New Der Kaiser Projekts, new black grips, and a Gold chromag seat post clamp on the way to finish this thing.

mtbr member
    love knolly, hate whiskey. i do love beer though and work in a brewery which is a great job nice looking podium. the fork looks stealth

Delirious Tuck
    If I recollect, the build started with a Founders Porter... mmm, tasty.

mtbr member
    Do not let Cheezwip see this thread about whiskey.....
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Delicious!

Bring the Knolly forum back a few years with a new twist...-71805_1372986218113_5516051_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Straight from Noel’s private reserve.

photo IMG_0126_zpsc6dff31e.jpg

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Rock dude View Post
    Straight from Noel’s private reserve.
    Wow... :bowdown:

The PC6 is delicious too
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

mtbr member
    great pics! Now time for a ride on the ol' DT.
    k n o ll y r o c k s

mtbr member
    So if Knolly can do some Glencairns as swag, put me down for a few orders!

Here's my contribution to this thread with a few of my favorite opened bottles:

mtbr member
    Orpheus???!!! That is an AMAZING bottle of Octomore! (probably my favourite of the series)
    And, nice job on the original Case Noble Anejo - another fantastic bottle there.

Overall VERY NICE selection of booze - I need to contribute to this thread. Now, I just need to find something cool as well
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member

I have a bottle of Comus waiting on-deck for when I'm done with the Orpheus :-) It's great meeting other whisky lovers here.

I'm sure you have other whisky-mules from WA state but we ride up there in BC too so if you're looking for particular bottles you can't get in Canada, let me know.

That Glendronach Cask 711 is a killer dram! It's probably the same price as all the bottles in my picture put together. Was that a KWM exclusive?
    Last edited by cheezwhip; 03-04-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Delirious Tuck

I just put in call to my guy to get Orpheus and reload on the PC plus a couple of the newer PCs, still haven't been able to find a bottle of the PC 5 for sale in the US.

How about a Knolly Scotland and Distillery tour next summer? 7 Days, 7 stanes plus Fort William. Ride in AM and sample in PM...

Delirious Tuck

Also, I find the Willett Small Batch Rye to be damn good. If you're ever in DC they have a nice little whisky bar with everything a little heart could desire from both sides of the Atlantic and pacific (Jack Rose).

mtbr member
    Good Luck with the PC 5 - it's worth a fair bit of coin and was a much smaller release than the PC 6 or 7.

Orpheus was a limited release as well -from 2 or 3 years ago - so it might be a bit tough to find. But you never know - I'm sure that there are bottles hidden in the back of random stores.

Knolly Scotland Trip: is there MTB riding on Islay???

Now, for Fort William Ben Nevis Distillery | Scotland would be the obvious distillery to visit, but it's probably not the most exciting distillery out there...
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Delirious Tuck

I have a thread on this very topic in the Euro forum, keeping fingers crossed there's an mtb/distillery locals concept...

The 5 is a mission, i9s or PC 5...

mtbr member

I need to make it over to the "other" Washington as I keep hearing about the great bars and whisky hunting grounds over there.

Check this whisky list out:

http://www.canonseattle.com/CaptainsList/

(Pricey but worth it if you have access to an expense account).

If you can find the Orpheus, it's well worth it but I'm hunting for the Octomore 10 & PC10 Cask Strength among others (the game never ends eh - I think my whisky UGI supersedes my MTB UGI).

Next time I'm up in in BC, I'm picking up some Lot No. 40 & Wiser's Legacy.

Re: Scotland Trip - Skye & Islay tops my list... Not sure if there's any riding to be had but Danny MacAskill is from Skye & there's some incredible terrain there.
    Last edited by cheezwhip; 03-04-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Delirious Tuck

PC 10 and PC 10 year are on my list with my guy, if he can find 5 and Orpheus, that's my big UGI to brown liquids.

Delirious Tuck

That menu is awesome: old grand dad 1915... Back when he was just getting old.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post

Next time I'm up in in BC, I'm picking up some Lot No. 40 & Wiser's Legacy.

Re: Scotland Trip - Skye & Islay tops my list... Not sure if there's any riding to be had but Danny MacAskill is from Skye & there's some incredible terrain there.
    Lot No. 40 and Wiser's Legacy are both excellent. For more info on Canadian Whisky, I highly recommend Canadian Whisky and also Davin's book: McClelland.com | Books | Canadian Whisky by Davin deKergommeaux

Rumour is that there is a descent oriented trail on Skye that finishes not too far from Talisker
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    Lot No. 40 and Wiser's Legacy are both excellent. For more info on Canadian Whisky, I highly recommend Canadian Whisky and also Davin's book: McClelland.com | Books | Canadian Whisky by Davin deKergommeaux

Rumour is that there is a descent oriented trail on Skye that finishes not too far from Talisker
    Oh man... that Skye trail rumour is just stoking the fire! Talisker is one of my favorites (and little known to most, the drink of choice for Double-"0"-Seven in Ian Flemming's books)

I'm into Rye so given the high quality of Canadian Rye whiskies (Corby, 40 Creek, Alberta Premium, etc.,) I've been inching my way north to our Canadian brethren for some great drams. I already like Masterson's/WhistlePig/etc., so why not just go to the source? Besides, the Lot No. 40 is kind of a rare bird - I try to stop in @ Viti's but I use the BC Liquor app/website to find stuff too.

Thanks for the heads up on the Canadian Whisky resources! BTW, I'm dying to see what you have besides that Glendronach 1972...

Delirious Tuck
    Hmmmmm... Talisker is not a bad way to end a ride.

Will have to check out the Canadians mentioned. Whistlepig and Masterson's aren't bad, I'm not a huge Sazarac fan, stay away from the Anchor Steam Brewery/Distillery Ryes (horrid enough the bar gave us the bottle to try and finish...).

PC10, Peat Project, and Black Art Series 3 ordered. The PC5 messes with me, same as a set of I9s if I bring it in from UK...
    Last edited by thefriar; 03-05-2013 at 12:27 PM.

mtbr member

Bump on this thread - my bottles got a new bunker mate from across the pond:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post
    Bump on this thread - my bottles got a new bunker mate from across the pond:

Um - WOW: that is a fairly serious bottling. Is that from Whisky Samples? Seriously cool bottle there! I think a few of us need to compare notes
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    Um - WOW: that is a fairly serious bottling. Is that from Whisky Samples? Seriously cool bottle there! I think a few of us need to compare notes
    Actually, WhiskySample was out of it by the time I got around to hunting for this bottle. I was a little taken aback at how fast these Karuizawa's fly off the shelf but am stoked to get the opportunity to taste this little piece of whisky history.

If you're interested in procuring one, I think the place I got it from still has a bottle left.

Notes? Sure thing, but let's trade samples too at some point ;-)
    Last edited by cheezwhip; 04-03-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Delirious Tuck
    Yummy.

I managed to add a mastersons, the PC10, Peat Project, and the Black Art Series 3. Plus a Pappy Van Winkle 15. Good birthday tidings there.

I'm in Whistler last week/first week July/Aug... may acquire some goodies and be willing to share while I'm in that neck of the woods...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast