Thread: Big Lines!

mtbr member

Big Lines!

Dominator 13 came up to ride with me this weekend and hit this BIG new ladder drop. The video doesnt do it justice, its a 20 ft. drop. Although technically he wasnt on a Knolly (he brought his Jedi), we all know and love him over here. Second clip is both of us hitting another big ladder drop (wish I still had a helmetcam!), third clip is me hitting this new 25-30ft. twisting hip, the entry swoops to the right then the jump hips to the left, its a weird run in. First time I came up a little short and flat spotted my rear wheel, second time I nailed it. I'll let Dom tell you what happened to him when he hit the 20' drop the second time, if he remembers it!

7.2.10 from Craig Manning on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    The story I heard after the morning ride - Dom asked Craig have you done it. Craig responding no - so Dom goes for it to one up Craig in Idaho. As I said earlier - it is going to be an interesting summer watching you guys go for it.

Super cool video - great riding!

What the ----?
    Wow that looks like fun craigster. Hey on those ladder drops are you guys using most of
    your travel? Killer vid -- keep em rollin.

mtbr member

...not exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Dude!
    The story I heard after the morning ride - Dom asked Craig have you done it. Craig responding no - so Dom goes for it to one up Craig in Idaho. As I said earlier - it is going to be an interesting summer watching you guys go for it.

Super cool video - great riding!

This is how it happened.

Craig said "I always have to do these stunts without watching someone do them first!". I said "well, you'll be watching someone do this one, I've got to do something you haven't done up here."....

The first time I dropped it was clean and smooth, as seen in the video. Second time, not enough speed and had to reach for the tranny with the front wheel and just went OTB......HARD! I think bruised my ribs pretty good, second day after the crash is the tell tale and I'm super sore. Luckily, it didn't hurt too bad, then, and I was able to ride the rest of the day. No one said I was smart!

Some pics from the Idaho Trip.

1. Craigstr hitting the monster 30" gap
    2. The Rock Drop Take-off
    3. My "good rock drop"
    4. Craigstr Mid Flight
    5. Me Mid Flight

p.s. Took a lot of b*lls for him to hit this again. He cased it hard the 1st time and there is no room for error. 2nd was smooth as silk. I think he cracked his rim on the 1st one!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big Lines!-i1.jpg  

Big Lines!-i2.jpg  

Big Lines!-i3.jpg  

Big Lines!-i4.jpg  

Big Lines!-i5.jpg  

Last edited by Dominator13; 07-04-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member

Yep, cracked rim!

Well stress cracks from around the spoke nipple eyelet. Decided to just replace the rim rather than buy new wheels, been spending way too much on bike parts lately, my wife might invoke a "no fly zone" of her own!
    P.S. Dom you can have that one, I dont think I will ever try it after seeing your crash.
    Last edited by craigstr; 07-04-2010 at 06:31 PM.

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Thats some impressive stuff! Nice! I just finally started to hit stuff 'bout that big at Solvista last week. It looks daunting and nearly impossible, but once you've cleared it it's the biggest rush and confidence booster ever!

This is the trail I conquered! Still haven't hit the "Lip-skidder", it's wayy more lippy this year, but actually looks easier now - save that one for next time! I love Sol Vista!
    Last edited by NoahColorado; 07-05-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Looks like fun. I've got to get out to your neck of the woods soon! Good luck on the Lip-Skidder.
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    holy ****.... you boys are crazy....... looks like fun though. do you think you could get me doing them kind of drops and jumps if we meet up in whistler in september lol.