Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 210 - more geared up. Not really what you would call a fattie.
    If your a big guy (or quite petite) you can easily fall outside the stock tuning weight range.

Having the ability to tune the shim-stack for weight - ala EVO cart, or Avalanche is a great benefit. Better than playing with oil weights and volumes. That is just the icing on the shim-stack cake.

What has me interested is the mid-valve and Craigs ability to tune low, mid and high to my preferences. That is a bit more than playing with the high-speed on the EVO stack....

Just this "fatties" opinion

michael
    Thought I would post some of the progress on the 55 cartridge:

These pictures show how we utilize the stock RC3 fork rebound cap with our cartridge.

Stock rebound piston, note the plastic check valve, no shims and no midvalve.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

This is our cartridge rebound assembly, note the midvalves and check valve system, fully ported piston with rebound shims that can be revalved. The gold adapter contains the base compression valve with a 2 stage shim system for plush small bump and progressive shim second stage for high speed hits.

Hope to have a completed cartridge for fitment testing out the door by the Jan 8th. Will post completed fork and installation procedure manual by end of the week.

Update: Cartridge and fitment data for the 2008-2013 Marzocchi 55 is now available on our website, thanks for all the support and help from the Knolly MTBR forum! Also the installation manual for the RC3 is available now.
    Last edited by crseekins; 01-20-2013 at 11:14 AM.

mtbr member
    looks great

mtbr member
    Nice Craig!!! I was going to send in the Van RC for my Podium, but that might just have to wait until late spring now.....
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Very encouraging news!
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by crseekins View Post
    Thought I would post some of the progress on the 55 cartridge:
    Hope to have a completed cartridge for fitment testing out the door by the Jan 8th. Will post completed fork and installation procedure manual by end of the week.
    DAMN Craig!!! Not only do you work magic, but you work it at superhuman speeds!
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

%$#$*!
    Excellent! Good to see cartridges for the 55's. My lyrik will be going under the knife soon!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Dang, may have to upgrade my 55 along with the DHX for my DHR. Thats shock pRon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Going to get a 55rc3ti tonight....perfect timing!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    DAMN Craig!!! Not only do you work magic, but you work it at superhuman speeds!
    Here is a link to the website info on the Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO Ti cartridge kit:

Marzocchi 55 35mm Cartridge Kit

mtbr member
    Yes!!!!

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by crseekins View Post
    Here is a link to the website info on the Marzocchi 55 RC3 EVO Ti cartridge kit:

Marzocchi 55 35mm Cartridge Kit
    Nice work Craig! It will be interesting to see if your cartridge will work for my "bottom of the line" 2010 Marzocchi 55 Micro Air Ti Fork.

BTW, I shipped my fork to you last week; but I just checked its shipping status on the UPS tracking website and my fork is still in Commerce City, CO. Worse still, the "updated" delivery date is "Tuesday, 01/15/2013, By End of Day". SOBs!!!

UPS, when it positively has to get there within a year--give or take a month!

mtbr member
    No way!!! Already?! Wow!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezwhip View Post
    No way!!! Already?! Wow!
    yea, no kidding. can't imagine not having one, but i gotta see a few reviews. hurry up you guys!
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Im looking on the website and I saw that for $100 it can be installed. So for $427 you can get the assembly and install it yourself, but for $527 plus shipping, Craig will install it for you. Correct?

Weapon of Choice
    I am looking forward to the reviews from this mod. The fork itself is pretty damn good ; so for an extra 4-500 bucks it should be on a whole different level entirely. Who will be the first to try it out???

Super Unknown

mtbr member
    I really don't think a review is going to be needed. I haven't ever heard anything close to a "meh, it was okay" review of any Avalanche product or mod.

Most everyone I know is very pleasantly surprised.

I'm not waiting, soon as I can sell my Lyrik the cart is getting ordered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post
    I am looking forward to the reviews from this mod. The fork itself is pretty damn good ; so for an extra 4-500 bucks it should be on a whole different level entirely. Who will be the first to try it out???
    'til this morning, that's what i was doing, looking forward to reviews. but, i called Avalanche & now my fork is off to see the wizard. i was thinking like you were, that my RC3 was pretty damn nice. how much better could it be? $400+ better? after only about one minute talking to Craig, i was ready to find out. i'm totally confident that it will be the fork i hoped the 55 was going to be when i got it. in a couple of weeks, i'm sure it will be.
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    'til this morning, that's what i was doing, looking forward to reviews. but, i called Avalanche & now my fork is off to see the wizard. i was thinking like you were, that my RC3 was pretty damn nice. how much better could it be? $400+ better? after only about one minute talking to Craig, i was ready to find out. i'm totally confident that it will be the fork i hoped the 55 was going to be when i got it. in a couple of weeks, i'm sure it will be.
    Hahaha, anytime anyone calls Craig, you might as well start out giving him your credit card info first thing, because you are guaranteed to buy something by the time you hang up.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman69 View Post
    If Craig is able to Avy my fork (a low end 2010) then I will have him ship it to rscecil007 (I think we are about the same size & weight and Craig says we like a similar tune). That way Ryan can do a side-by-side comparison with the Avy'd 55 and a stock 55 RC3.

The one catch: I told Craig that he could keep my fork until March if he needs it. I won't need it until March because I will be riding this on my local mountain bike trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avy'd Marzocchi 55-ac-facing-bm-8x6.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    If Craig is able to Avy my fork (a low end 2010) then I will have him ship it to rscecil007 (I think we are about the same size & weight and Craig says we like a similar tune). That way Ryan can do a side-by-side comparison with the Avy'd 55 and a stock 55 RC3.

The one catch: I told Craig that he could keep my fork until March if he needs it. I won't need it until March because I will be riding this on my local mountain bike trails.

Patience TSC-san, compression on, rebound off.

I seriously could have the cart ordered by the end of the week, as I have a guy interested in my fork. I've already gotten some rides in on my stock one, and you know that cart will go in ASAP when it shows.

I'll be at cheezwhips house installing it the night it shows up watching him drool and drink his expensive whiskeys.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I seriously could have the cart ordered by the end of the week, as I have a guy interested in my fork. I've already gotten some rides in on my stock one, and you know that cart will go in ASAP when it shows.

I'll be at cheezwhips house installing it the night it shows up watching him drool and drink his expensive whiskeys.
    Wow, you're in the express lane too. I guess the snow and cold has slowed me a bit. I wish I were there to drink cheezwhips good stuff and watch a pro do the assembly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Looking forward to it - my whiskey cabinet is always open.

mtbr member
    LOL, no need to open your whiskey cabinet to me, I can't stand the stuff. I'll have a beer, just not so many that I get the beer and fork oil mixed up.

mtbr member
    I am late to this thread, but I have a 2012 Marz 55 Microswitch TA (air). Is that in the mix, Craig? Looks like the target was acquired with the 55 Evo Ti.

Weapon of Choice
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    Well then.....I will be looking forward to yur review!!!!!

Super Unknown

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast