Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Greystoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrwhlr View Post
    If you cannot state plainly what you're not getting, you have nothing to fix. I suspect the guys who see huge differences are heavier.
    ho humm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geo025 View Post
    The 55 Ti Evo for me has been good from day one( except for the removal of the plastic spring wrapper) my thinking was the 55 had a better strike rate?
    My 55's (RC3 EVO Ti) from 2010 til today have all been stellar. I'd say its the best out-of-the-box single-crown fork I've ever owned hands down. That said, even Marzocchi recognizes that there are performance compromises to mass produced forks and offers their "works" service as a remedy to those short-comings.

Regardless, I'm still sending in my 55 to Craig because I will be playing with the Chili + new 66 & because it'll help out with the project.
    Last edited by cheezwhip; 12-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Translation: Ignorance is bliss!

There's nothing wrong with this way of thinking. It's a lot cheaper and requires less time. Imagine how much better your life would have been if you had discovered this nugget of wisdom before purchasing a Knolly!
    I suspect you don't have as much information as I do. Maybe you have more money and time?
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

mtbr member
    Awesome to see everyone sending theirs in to help out. I think that says alot about both Craig and what he can do with a shock and fork.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

TSC
    Buehliever
    I suspect you don't have as much information as I do. Maybe you have more money and time?
    Probably so; but cheezwhip does make an excellent point:

... even Marzocchi recognizes that there are performance compromises to mass produced forks and offers their "works" service as a remedy to those short-comings.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Probably so; but cheezwhip does make an excellent point:
    re: 'works'....that's polite speak which means: "We can adjust the shim stack for fatties."

I can do that with my EVO cartridge, too, if I gain a lot of weight.

TSC
    Buehliever
    re: 'works'....that's polite speak which means: "We can adjust the shim stack for fatties."

I can do that with my EVO cartridge, too, if I gain a lot of weight.
    I think you've convinced everyone on this thread that your 55 is perfect for you. Congratulations!

That said, I don't think you've convinced myself or the others that the our 55s are perfect for us. (I really doubt that presenting the same POV ad nauseam will sway many of us when our butts & bones tell us differently.) The great thing: our success at helping Avalanche Racing Products won't hurt you and others that are in bliss with the stock 55s; but, it will provide an option for those of us who are not.

Now, please excuse the rest of us (fatties and others) while we try to make our 55s perfect for us.

Greystoke
    TSC , you may want to cross post this on the suspension thread to get a few more on board, don't get me wrong I'm all for improvements.
    In another year or so we will all be on DVO forks anyhow.
    DVO Suspension

"Merry Christmas"

mtbr member
    I think you've convinced everyone on this thread that your 55 is perfect for you. Congratulations!

That said, I don't think you've convinced myself or the others that the our 55s are perfect for us. (I really doubt that presenting the same POV ad nauseam will sway many of us when our butts & bones tell us differently.) The great thing: our success at helping Avalanche Racing Products won't hurt you and others that are in bliss with the stock 55s; but, it will provide an option for those of us who are not.

Now, please excuse the rest of us (fatties and others) while we try to make our 55s perfect for us.
    you're misunderstanding, he's just showing how smart he is

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by geo025 View Post
    TSC , you may want to cross post this on the suspension thread to get a few more on board, don't get me wrong I'm all for improvements.
    In another year or so we will all be on DVO forks anyhow.
    DVO Suspension

"Merry Christmas"
    Geo, I totally agree. I was hoping that someone else would start a thread over there as I haven't posted there much. I did post it in response to someones thread in the Suspension forum. I probably will create a thread there if nobody beats me to it in the next week.

Merry Christmas to you too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Oh I'm not selling anything. But, since qbert is here now, you should make sure to remove your spring and reduce the diameter of the lower spring clip by about .1mm, since that part is mass produced . Some of the spring clips are too obese to slide comfortably inside the stanchion tube, even with a lot of butter.

Perpetual Hack
    I'm 6'2" and 210 - more geared up. Not really what you would call a fattie.
    If your a big guy (or quite petite) you can easily fall outside the stock tuning weight range.

Having the ability to tune the shim-stack for weight - ala EVO cart, or Avalanche is a great benefit. Better than playing with oil weights and volumes. That is just the icing on the shim-stack cake.

What has me interested is the mid-valve and Craigs ability to tune low, mid and high to my preferences. That is a bit more than playing with the high-speed on the EVO stack....

Just this "fatties" opinion

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    I'm 6'2" and 210 - more geared up.
    ...Just this "fatties" opinion
    Mrwhlr has been working really hard to offend anyone that doesn't share his beliefs. I'm guessing that attending a Knollyfest any time soon, with all us fatties riding Avy'd forks and shocks, might not be in his best interests.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Mrwhlr has been working really hard to offend anyone that doesn't share his beliefs. I'm guessing that attending a Knollyfest any time soon, with all us fatties riding Avy'd forks and shocks, might not be in his best interests.
    I've remained civilized here, but if you insist on using language like that, I may change my diction.

TSC
    Buehliever
    I've remained civilized here, but if you insist on using language like that, I may change my diction.
    I started this thread to help Craig (a really great guy who makes amazing products) create an after-market cartridge for the the Marz 55. There has been one post of concern about warranty issues. All the rest have been supportive except yours. IMO, your posts appear to be saying that we are a bunch of fat, whiny, dumba$$es.

I apologize if I've misunderstood your posts, but I can't conceive of another way in which they were intended. If you are upset because I said you have been "working really hard to offend", I'm sorry. I don't know the amount of effort you have been putting in; I just know the results of that effort.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I started this thread to help Craig (a really great guy who makes amazing products) create an after-market cartridge for the the Marz 55. There has been one post of concern about warranty issues. All the rest have been supportive except yours. IMO, your posts appear to be saying that we are a bunch of fat, whiny, dumba$$es.

I apologize if I've misunderstood your posts, but I can't conceive of another way in which they were intended. If you are upset because I said you have been "working really hard to offend", I'm sorry. I don't know the amount of effort you have been putting in; I just know the results of that effort.
    You're finding my diction a bit hard to swallow? I get that a lot.

TSC
    Buehliever
    You're finding my diction a bit hard to swallow? I get that a lot.

One of my favorite pseudo-definitions:
    INSANITY: doing the same thing the same way while expecting different results.

Don't change it if you feel like you are getting your desired results. Do change it if you feel you aren't.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Avy Cartridge Kit for Marzocchi 55

Started working on cartridge design for 55.

Any opinions as to retaining the air adjust feature on the damper side of the RC3. This can accomplished but adapting the stock for cap to our cartridge rather than replacing it completely with our style fork cap. Added benefit is it also retains the stock adjuster knob. Seems like a no brainer, but the cool (bling) factor of our different looking gold cap will not be there!

Hope to have working prototypes to ship out by Monday. Generally speaking it will look like the 66 cartridge kit show on the website.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crseekins View Post

Any opinions as to retaining the air adjust feature on the damper side of the RC3. This can accomplished but adapting the stock for cap to our cartridge rather than replacing it completely with our style fork cap. Added benefit is it also retains the stock adjuster knob. Seems like a no brainer, but the cool (bling) factor of our different looking gold cap will not be there!

Hope to have working prototypes to ship out by Monday. Generally speaking it will look like the 66 cartridge kit show on the website.

Hmm, tough call. They only make two springs for the RC3 (at least so Marz told me). The stock one, and a lighter one for they skinny guys. So if you are too heavy for the stock one, they recommend you throw in a few pumps of air.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

KEEP IT. It lets the air out as well as in. Those who desire no pressure can release that side in a few seconds. The spring side can be done the same by drilling through the center of the pre-load adjuster retaining screw's bore. Then both sides can be relieved in a few seconds .

mtbr member

Cool. Are you still needing samples to measure? I haven't got my '09 sent out yet but I still can if you need it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Slighty off topic, but I am sure you guys know more about Marzocchi forks than I. I just got a good deal on a '12 55 CR. I want to run it in 150mm mode via the internal spacer.

Does anyone know how to accompolish this spacer swap? Or have a good resource for doing this? Marz website and manual are of limited help!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Cool. Are you still needing samples to measure? I haven't got my '09 sent out yet but I still can if you need it.
    Yes, we were kind of hoping to get an old one in.

mtbr member
    Yes, we were kind of hoping to get an old one in.
    Ok, I'll try and get it shipped out ASAP.

TSC
    Buehliever
    My 2010 should arrive sometime next week.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast