Knollician

Anyone have a DHX AIR sor sale?

Looking for a DHX AIR 4.0/5.0 in 7.875 x 2.25. Not looking to spend a ton of money, just looking for something cheap that needs to be serviced. Anyone?
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    What do you have up your sleeve now hmmmmm?
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

%$#$*!
    There's only one reason to pick up a DHX air and it rhymes with Avalanche....haha. Must be replacing the CTD...

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic View Post
    There's only one reason to pick up a DHX air and it rhymes with Avalanche....haha. Must be replacing the CTD...
    That is the idea. I am waiting to hear back from Craig. I really like the CTD, but if I could pickup a DHX cheap and get it Avy'd, it would be better. It's not something I would throw a bunch of money at though.

%$#$*!
    Keep us posted. Would love to hear how a avy'd dhx air performs compared to the woodie or ccdb coil.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic View Post
    Keep us posted. Would love to hear how a avy'd dhx air performs compared to the woodie or ccdb coil.
    Will do. I gotta find one first.

mtbr member
    This could be very interesting, please keep us posted and what Craig says if you find one. So far I'm content with the CTD, but I've only ridden the bike 3 times...

Knollician
    Here is what Craig had to say about the DHX Air on the Endo for a me (about 190lb geared up). You gotta love Craig. Do I really want a coil on the Endo???. Not so sure about that one.

"We have done a few DHX air shocks for the Endorphin, it is a better match for air than the Chilcotin, but still in a bit to progressive than we would like for air shock builds. We have found that the fox air shocks perform best at 185 psi and below, because of internal design limitations the air will eventually leak into the damper oil. I think you might be a bit over this recommended pressure."

mtbr member
    I don't think you want a coil on the Endo having the Chili. If you just had the Endo, maybe.

So what options for us bigger guys have for custom tuned air shocks for the Endo? I'm really going to try to resist doing going this route and Avy's my Endo. But damn it's additive. My 888 RC3 is fine on the Podium, but it just can't QUITE keep up with the Avy'd rear. Close, but knowing what a full Avy'd ride feels like, so tempting.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I don't think you want a coil on the Endo having the Chili. If you just had the Endo, maybe.

So what options for us bigger guys have for custom tuned air shocks for the Endo? I'm really going to try to resist doing going this route and Avy's my Endo. But damn it's additive. My 888 RC3 is fine on the Podium, but it just can't QUITE keep up with the Avy'd rear. Close, but knowing what a full Avy'd ride feels like, so tempting.
    Exactly. Adding a 1.5lbs is not what I am necessarily looking for. BUT, Craig is a wiz, and let's be honest, the way his LSC works, the bike would still rocket with a coil, just work better than the CTD. I'm not at all dissatisfied with the CTD, it does feel "bland". After being on the Chili and having that nice damped feeling, I can't think of a better way to describe it. Even our XC trails here are rough, so a coil is not necessarily a bad thing. I would be disappointed if I lost the snappiness of the bike now.

The DHX Air would have been a very cost effective way to get Avy performance with minimal weight gain, but that has been quashed. Craig really needs to work on CDTs!

Knolly Rider
    Sep 2009
    Has anyone out there had this ? My DHX Air is due for servicing and I am considering having this done.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman_diver View Post
    Has anyone out there had this ? My DHX Air is due for servicing and I am considering having this done.
    Yeah, I had my DHX Air from my old Endo Avy'ed. It felt really great on the Chili. You actually don't even notice the rear-end and start noticing your fork not feeling "right". Right now I'm letting a friend try it on his Ventana as I'm using a Vivid Air RC2 on the bike now.
    Anyway it's the way to go if the DHX needs servicing.
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium