mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Any one running Endorphins drivetrain in 3x mode

I've seen a couple of 1x and 2x set ups listed here, but not noticed anyone running 3x drivetrains. Is it even possible on the new Endorphins?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    sure it's possible, i just don't believe in front derailleurs...and with 2x drive trains, the 3x has become irrelevant unless your swapping parts from another bike.

mtbr member
    Yeah unless you are using it to road ride I don't see why a big ring is necessary. Even most roadies only use 2 rings in front these days.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ill probably run 2+ bashguard but Im trying to figure out whether a 10spd FD and a 9spd FD have the same cable pull, otherwise I may have to get new shifters as well as new cranks & FD.

Problem:I havent seen a "3x" E2 type FD hence my question to try to check whether anyone else has successfully mounted a 3x FD on a new Endo...

mtbr member
    So you're 9 speed now and are thinking 10? You don't need new cranks. Unless the gearing is wrong you don't need new chain rings. Just shifters and chain and front dérailleur. I have 2 brand new SRAM 2x10 chainrings I don't need as I have a bling ring 1x10 if you are interested.

mtbr member
    You can remove the bottom bracket mounting plate from a standard E-type FD, and bolt the FD to the new Endorphin's frame. I did this with a 3x9 speed xt E-type for my build and it works great.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucko73 View Post
    You can remove the bottom bracket mounting plate from a standard E-type FD, and bolt the FD to the new Endorphin's frame. I did this with a 3x9 speed xt E-type for my build and it works great.
    Thats really useful to know...thanks