Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    it's ok. knolly is making the change. weird, they don't agree with you that it's not an issue. keep chirping though, it makes you look smarter
    No, it is you who makes me look smarter.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Definitely; the Knolly forum is not the only place I would go for bike buying info. Here are my personal worries with "professional" reviews and reviewers:

In Reality: there is no substitute for personal seat time on the bike in which you are interested. With a Knolly you buy by faith or go to a destination (like Gooseberry Mesa) and rent.
    Really good post TSC! One thing I would add is that the most valuable review to get is from someone who had a bike and then moved on to another bike because of some reason. Those are almost impossible to get because people generally don't want talk about their "mistakes". Or they get hammered by fanboys because the koolaid didnt taste as sweet to them. Why we dump a product might be the same reason someone else might want to avoid that same product. Sadly those type of reviews are few and far between.

Bobo

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo_krkk_NIN View Post
    Really good post TSC! One thing I would add is that the most valuable review to get is from someone who had a bike and then moved on to another bike because of some reason. Those are almost impossible to get because people generally don't want talk about their "mistakes". Or they get hammered by fanboys because the koolaid didnt taste as sweet to them. Why we dump a product might be the same reason someone else might want to avoid that same product. Sadly those type of reviews are few and far between.

Bobo
    Very good point. I always look for the info via PM.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

Nothing can stop me now
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Very good point. I always look for the info via PM.
    We think alike. I do the same with varied results. Its all a crap shoot to some degree but most bikes are really good now and the differences are very small.

Bobo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2