mtbr member

Any Chili owners want a BNIB Vivid Air for $125? - Cambria

vivid

pretty sure it's the wrong tune for a Chili though.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Correct, low tune is whats up.

mtbr member
    thanks. just bought one as a back up. have a dx4 coming that will be sent to avalanche as my main shcok. good to have aa air shock as back up.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    Correct, low tune is whats up.
    I know that Kevin gave a low tune answer for the RP23 tune but why?
    6.3in. travel/2.25 stroke= 2.8 leverage rate. That would be in the mid tune range
    for the Vivid Air (2.5 to 3.0)

I ordered one of these also but they seem to have sold out of them at this price. No longer listed.
    I got a order # but still haven't got an email from the stating a completed order. Finger crossed!
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    I know that Kevin gave a low tune answer for the RP23 tune but why?
    6.3in. travel/2.25 stroke= 2.8 leverage rate. That would be in the mid tune range
    for the Vivid Air (2.5 to 3.0)

I ordered one of these also but they seem to have sold out of them at this price. No longer listed.
    I got a order # but still haven't got an email from the stating a completed order. Finger crossed!
    I agree. I wouldn't want a low tune vivid air for the chili.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Missed it. For a backup shock, that cannot be beat.

mtbr member
    I thought Noel had mentioned it somewhere on the forums, don't know if I could find it again though.

mtbr member
    Scratch that, my memory fails me. It was for a podium not for the endo/chili.

Podium and Vivid Air? Which tune?

FWIW Noel seems to think that even though the leverage curve puts it in Med territory, that the low is what he would recommend. I know not his reasoning, but I do not question the master.

mtbr member
    well saying i wanted a mid tune didn't matter after all. the ad showed mid tune but i got a call today from cambria saying it was listed wrong and that it is actually a low tune. hopefully that is waht knolly recommends after all. for the price i took it anyways.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    well saying i wanted a mid tune didn't matter after all. the ad showed mid tune but i got a call today from cambria saying it was listed wrong and that it is actually a low tune. hopefully that is waht knolly recommends after all. for the price i took it anyways.
    Yeah I got the same call back on my Vivid order.
    Don't know if they just want to try to get out of the offer?

RP23 Tune?

But according to this, a low tune might work anyway. I do like super plushness!
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    I guess we'll have to stay tuned.

mtbr member
    Really, they were low tune? Frack me, that's why I didn't buy one.

arghhhhh.

mtbr member
    It doesnt cost much to get the tune changed. Last time I inquired about this (when I was looking for a Vivid air for a Podium), I was told it would cost about $10 on top of a normal rebuild (of $70) to get the tune changed.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It doesnt cost much to get the tune changed. Last time I inquired about this (when I was looking for a Vivid air for a Podium), I was told it would cost about $10 on top of a normal rebuild (of $70) to get the tune changed.
    that was why i pulled the trigger. at that price i figured for $100 max i could get it retuned if needed. did just get an email after the call saying it's back ordered for 5 days. hopefully they actually end up shipping them out at some point

its looking less and less likely they actually have stock on these or the ability to get any. i called back after getting the call this am about it being a low tune and then getting the follow up email they are back ordered. seems they screwed up and took orders for shocks they don't have. also doesn't look like they'll get any more from rock shox. lol, i'd heard cambria is famous for sh!t like that. have to wait and see what happens. wonder if any knolly owners will actually get one.
    Last edited by qbert2000; 01-29-2013 at 04:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Cambria almost never has what they have advertised. I gave up on them a long long time ago.

mtbr member
    Well, sorry in advance for anyone that might get hosed if this doesn't pan out. I was just trying to pass on a good deal I came across.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Well, sorry in advance for anyone that might get hosed if this doesn't pan out. I was just trying to pass on a good deal I came across.
    not your fault. no worries. maybe just like the old saying when things seem like they are too good to be true.

btw, any one else have a new version of mtbr?? so far it sucks balls

mtbr member
    Yes, it is a little more subtle than the last generation, I can hardly tell where the new threads are.

Buzz reminded me that you can change compression tune easily, the parts are available for near to nothing.
    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Vivid Air R2C Piston Shim Stack

The part that doesn't seem adjustable is the rebound tune, which I am not sure of on the cambria one.

Biking Like Crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    Yes, it is a little more subtle than the last generation, I can hardly tell where the new threads are.

Buzz reminded me that you can change compression tune easily, the parts are available for near to nothing.
    Universal Cycles -- Rock Shox Vivid Air R2C Piston Shim Stack

The part that doesn't seem adjustable is the rebound tune, which I am not sure of on the cambria one.
    Just got off the phone with Sram, mainly to see if the 7.875x2.25 size Vivid Air comes in a low tune. Every site I researched only showed this size in a mid or high tune. I was thinking maybe Cambria might try to get out of the "Hot Deal" offer by saying they can't source a low tune. Anyway Sram says it should be a available, we'll see if they come thru. As far as the rebound tune, it's a medium tune but should work as it has both high and low speed rebound adjust.
    I hope I see this shock at my door someday, even tho I just got back my Avy'd DHX Air and love it.
    Last edited by blcman; 01-30-2013 at 09:47 AM.
    Niner RIP9
    Niner WFO 650B
    Knolly Chilcotin
    Knolly Podium

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blcman View Post
    Just got off the phone with Sram, mainly to see if the 7.875x2.25 size Vivid Air comes in a low tune. Every site I researched only showed this size in a mid or high tune. I was thinking maybe Cambria might try to get out of the "Hot Deal" offer by saying they can't source a low tune. Anyway Sram says it should be a available, we'll see if they come thru. As far as the rebound tune, it's a medium tune but should work as it has both high and low speed rebound adjust.
    I hope I see this shock at my door someday, even tho I just got back my Avy'd DHX Air and love it.
    from all i have read about cambria i have serious doubts anyone will see one of these shocks. the low tune was definitely a way ou for them. funny that when i called the guy said so many were ordered and he didn't know if they could fill them all. i asked where i was on the list then and there was a long pause and then a really lame "oh, you are near the bottom". i asked how many shocks on hand did they have and how many were paid for as they had no problem taking my money. his answer was a very precise "not many on hand and lots paid for". i'd love to end up with one, but it'd be a miracle if i did at this point. good luck

mtbr member
    This sounds like such a cluster flubber. GL

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Any update from Cambria? I'm curious as I ordered it when the shock was for sale. I ended up cancelling when I got the call about the low tune thing...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightnerd View Post
    Any update from Cambria? I'm curious as I ordered it when the shock was for sale. I ended up cancelling when I got the call about the low tune thing...
    my order was cancelled by cbo as they said they don't have enough stock. i have heard of one person who has a confirmation that he's getting one. his order went in 4hrs before mine i believe

so a day after email saying my order was cancelled and no refund despite me asking for it after their cancel email. stellar customer service. cbo is living up to their reputation completely
    Last edited by qbert2000; 02-07-2013 at 04:53 PM.