Knomer

All new Podiums are now equipped with dropper post routing

Here at Knolly, we strive to make the most versatile and playful bikes on the planet. With this in mind, we've added modular dropper post routing on the underside of the top tube on the Podium DH model. As we've seen the average weight of a DH bike drop to around 36 pounds, and the popularity of drivetrain innovations like sram XX1 on the rise, we are all reaping the benefits of taking our "big" bikes to places we never thought possible. The Podium is no exception. We've seen "light DH" builds trending upward, with 180mm single crown forks, dropper posts, and 'wide range' drivetrains... the bike park has never been so much fun.

What I mean when I say "modular" routing, is that we've installed cage bosses under the top tube, which gives you the option of utilizing them for a dropper post, or leave then plugged with the supplied rubber plugs to maintain the sleek look of your Podium. You will start to see this type of cable routing used more frequently on future Knolly models, since the options for different dropper and drivetrain routing has multiplied the past couple years. Example: You are running a front derailleur and a LEV post, means you will require a modular attachment that can handle 2 cables under the top tube. Or, you're running XX1 and no dropper post, means you require ZERO guides at the exact same locations. It's all about versatility and clean cable management.

Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Are you planning on running these on the downtube as well?

TG

Knollician
    It's the little things that make a Knolly a Knolly. Nice work guys.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post

TG
    I am sure they considered that. But in my mind at least, anything outside the front triangle is just asking for trouble. I tend to collect horse manure and muck on my downtube, before bashing it into some stumps and rocks. Not so good for the cables. Best to keep everything within the triangle. The only issue will be cable rub on the seat tube, but that is easily to avoid.
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

the Dude memorial aviator
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    I am sure they considered that. But in my mind at least, anything outside the front triangle is just asking for trouble. I tend to collect horse manure and muck on my downtube, before bashing it into some stumps and rocks. Not so good for the cables. Best to keep everything within the triangle. The only issue will be cable rub on the seat tube, but that is easily to avoid.
    I am gussing G-air meant replacing the current down tube locations with this style of cage boss.

Good to see you guys are going this route (ha) for the cable bosses on the top tube. I was just thinking about this the other day. If Knolly offered internal dropper routing and the bike was running 1x, the permanent bosses would look like crap without a line in them. This style boss should be offered on all of the upcoming frames, along with the internal routing option.

P.S. Oops! This is really Bubba13 on my GF's account. We have been drinking White Russians...
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    just plain unfriendly and maladjusted.
    "Yes, honey: I do love this bike more than I love you."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielle View Post
    I am gussing G-air meant replacing the current down tube locations with this style of cage boss.

P.S. Oops! This is really Bubba13 on my GF's account. We have been drinking White Russians...
    Classic! I saw that user pic and thought we had a new Knolly fan.

Yes, you are correct. I meant keep the cable guides where they are but change the "cradles" to these new modular guides. They definitely look clean and add a touch of refinement.

keep up the good work Knolly!

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Nice! My Ragley hardtail has something like this for all cable routing and they are awesome. Super easy to use, allow for lots of different routing options and no more messing with zip ties or getting cut up from the snipped ends.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Dusty, from when? mines left the factory about 2 days ago will it have these? ...please note: if the answer is "no, you timed it wrong", I will not: have a breakdown, demand compensation in a court of law, slate Knolly bikes widely across the interweb, self combust, or burst into tears and tell my mom on you.
    Last edited by cfrench; 11-02-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    http://tweedlove.com/

mtbr member
    Mines arrived Saturday and its got these on it nice work Knolly!!
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.
    http://tweedlove.com/

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Are these standard M5 water bottle bolts?

Five5hot
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post

TG
    They're on the downtube also. Seen here on a Warden.

All new Podiums are now equipped with dropper post routing-img_1982.jpg