Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    TSC
    Buehliever
    The 650b ISO 584 mm (292 mm radius) and the 26er ISO is 559 mm (279.5 mm radius), so you have a difference of 25 mm--or 1 inch--diameter (12.5 mm radius). Therefore, the equivalent 650b tire on a 26er fork/rear should take up 12.5 mm more of the gap (+/- 1 or 2 mm for tire variances).

This is theoretical AND probably more inaccurate when comparing different makes/models of tires (e.g. my 26x2.4 Big Betty has a larger diameter than my 26x2.5 Maxxis DHF).

I guess the real question is: What's the minimum you gap you need for your riding conditions?

FWIW: I could see trying some skinny 650b tires on an Endo if I were looking at a XC racing; because you would lose tire profile while keeping everything else roughly the same. BUT I don't race, I don't ride XC, and don't own and Endo...
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

650b

Gents
    I can tell u with near certainty that not only is 650b here to stay - it IS the future for all long travel bikes and all mountain bikes. I converted my Intense Carbon Carbine to a 650b with 2.35 Hans Dampf tires and the thing is SICK. I'm probably selling all of my 26ers and buying the 650b Chilcotin. And the first solid DH 650b.
    Intense Carbon Carbine
    Knolly Delirium
    Iron Horse 6 Point
    Intense 951
    Intense Uzzi
    Iron Horse World Cup

Granted the Neo-Moto is pretty small for AM/Light FR but there looks to be enough clearance to go a little bigger. More testing to come....[/QUOTE]

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    Yes I tried out the Intense too & was super impressed, but Knolly said the 650 Chili is ages away. So it's Endorphin I guess?? Can't decide
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemeat View Post
    Yes I tried out the Intense too & was super impressed, but Knolly said the 650 Chili is ages away. So it's Endorphin I guess?? Can't decide
    Wait for the Chili 650B. Once Knolly gets the 650B ball rolling it won't be too long.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Plenty of clearance if u are riding o pavement

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

650b

Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Wait for the Chili 650B. Once Knolly gets the 650B ball rolling it won't be too long.
    Does anybody have a time frame on "what's not too long". Typically with Noel you have to multiply by two on his time lines :-). And they NEVER answer the phone - probably out having too much fun like us.
    J

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by jmascia View Post
    Does anybody have a time frame on "what's not too long". Typically with Noel you have to multiply by two on his time lines :-). And they NEVER answer the phone - probably out having too much fun like us.
    J
    Well, since they got production up and running overseas their production timelines have been much better so once they set a date i suspect they'll be very accurate. I haven't heard much lately about what is next in line for production but I know they had several different projects in the pipeline.

As far as getting a hold of them that's odd. I've always had a lot of luck getting them on the phone. That said i usually default to emailing them with questions so that they can craft a solid response in their own time. Noel and Kevin have always been pretty quick to respond to email inquiries.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5