Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Knomer

3D rocker kits for Endorphin & Chilcotin in stock NOW

Hey all,

We've finally received a supply of these great looking rocker kits. As you can see, the new rockers pinch in at the shock eyelet, which shortens the top bolt by 20mm, resulting in a stronger, lighter, and much faster setup.

Each kit will include the 2 rockers(bearings and bushings pre-installed), new upper and lower shock bolts, and an axle/reducer kit from either Fox or Cane Creek. Retail price for the kit is $195usd, and you can order these kits thru your favorite authorized Knolly dealer.

NOTES: All late 2013(and 2014) frame units already come with this rocker setup, so you won't need to order this kit.

We cannot supply axle/reducer kits for every shock maker on the planet, only for the makers we spec standard with our frames. Anyone ordering a kit to be used with a non-standard shock, will have to source new axle/reducers directly from their shock maker. The spec for the axle/reducers is: 21.8mm x M6.

Chilcotin:

Endorphin:

Cheers!
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    While I love the chili I am slightly disappointed. I have already had to file down a pivot bolt in the rear and now to not worry about my upper shock mount bolt bending/breaking on a big hit, I have to spend $200? That is a little steep considering it is a bandaid for this frame
    2012 Knolly Chilcotin
    2002 Haro VGF V3 - Still have my first real mtb

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I agree. I have bent more than a few upper shock mount bolts but for $200 I can replace an aweful lot of bolts.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Even as a broke as a joke industry worker that is used to bro deal pricing $195 doesn't sound bad to me. Probably $60 in value just for the bearings, bushings, reducers, and bolts. $135 for the actual rockers seems pretty fair. Can't say I've had any issues with the current setup but may make the switch anyways at some point.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Hey all,

We've finally received a supply of these great looking rocker kits. As you can see, the new rockers pinch in at the shock eyelet, which shortens the top bolt by 20mm, resulting in a stronger, lighter, and much faster setup.

LMAO - you marketing guys are so funny. A much faster setup. Any real numbers on how much lighter?

They are very pretty looking though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    im wondering if it's possible to use a chil rocker on an endo frame?
    will it make travel longer for the endo?

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Ha, I chuckled at that one too. To really sell it we need some numbers and if I've learned anything over the last year they should definitely be referred to as enduro rockers.

Try this:

Knolly enduro rockers: 50% stronger, 10% lighter, 20%faster setup, and 100% more enduro. Just what you need to enduro the sh!t out of your favorite trail.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Ha, I chuckled at that one too. To really sell it we need some numbers and if I've learned anything over the last year they should definitely be referred to as enduro rockers.

Try this:

Knolly enduro rockers: 50% stronger, 10% lighter, 20%faster setup, and 100% more enduro. Just what you need to enduro the sh!t out of your favorite trail.
    See this I would drop $200 for. Watch your back dusty, catch is gunning fer your job.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Will these work with goggles and a half-lid?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    As much as I would like to have a set of these on my Chili, they are pretty much at the bottom of my upgrade list. I can't imagine that I would notice any difference and I don't think that I will ever bend a shock bolt. Much better to spend the money on things that really make a noticeable difference like tires, brakes, or suspension.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
    As much as I would like to have a set of these on my Chili, they are pretty much at the bottom of my upgrade list. I can't imagine that I would notice any difference and I don't think that I will ever bend a shock bolt. Much better to spend the money on things that really make a noticeable difference like tires, brakes, or suspension.

See that is the wrong attitude. One of my goals before 2014 is to get my Chili below 30lbs. This upgrade will help achieve that goal. Plus it will make my bike faster (or at least the suspension faster). Win Win.

mtbr member
    I bent my bolt so bad, the hardware was bent too. Sold shock to buddy and he had to get all new hardware.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I had the same happen with my hardware. I think Knolly should change out the links with proof of bending hardware issues.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Reminds me of my foes, through the scissor linkage (that didn't affect the shock rate) there was an obscenely long bolt that ran through everything, like 100-120mm long. It would bend all the time due to the loads and just being so long, one time it bent so bad it screwed up the scissor linkage and I had to get a totally new assembly. It was bad engineering (no bottoming of the shock ever). I had other bikes that did the same thing with the same type of long shock-bolt, but the foes was the worst. Modern bikes are designed with "3d" linkages from the get-go, or at least I haven't seen many in recent years that use a long bolt with spacers.

One of the first I can recall (that seemed to be doing it on purpose) is Chuck, which was almost at the same time as Turner. The shock bolt thing is one of the big reasons I got a Turner (after so many FS bikes before), because they seemed to be doing it right and making a bike that would last year after year without tearing itself apart in some way.

In any case, I don't expect to see long-shock bolts on anything but inexpensive/low-end FS bikes like you might see from KHS or Raleigh...Can't get around the fact that a long bolt allows the leverage to be imparted on it. Shock bolts should be as short as possible.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I broke a shock bolt on my old endo, they are hard bolts to spec as well. I am getting the latest endo shipped to me this week, it should have this rocker, right?

mtbr member
    Hey Dusty are the new chili green frames shipping yet? I'm impatiently waiting for mine to ship from the bike shop
    The Green Bastard

mtbr member

Unofficial Knolly Spokesperson

Quote Originally Posted by mr.bubbles View Post
    Hey Dusty are the new chili green frames shipping yet? I'm impatiently waiting for mine to ship from the bike shop
    They won't get to the "bike shop" for a while. It will be a couple of weeks before they ship from Taiwan…barring any delays. So, keep up the patience...

Roll on Spring Time!
    Aaw crap. I am finally lining up to build my Chili after having the frame for around 4 months. I dont recall ever reading issues with shock bolts bending. This will fill the boots of my Delirium so come spring I will be jumping and dropping off the same goodies I have for the past few years. I heard the Chilli is actually stronger from an engineering perspective but I guess this is from a tubing perspective?
    If this issue is fairly common the I am sure I will suffer the same fate with the way I ride. Got a few months waiting for winter to pass to figure this out.
    I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
    Aaw crap. I am finally lining up to build my Chili after having the frame for around 4 months. I dont recall ever reading issues with shock bolts bending. This will fill the boots of my Delirium so come spring I will be jumping and dropping off the same goodies I have for the past few years. I heard the Chilli is actually stronger from an engineering perspective but I guess this is from a tubing perspective?
    If this issue is fairly common the I am sure I will suffer the same fate with the way I ride. Got a few months waiting for winter to pass to figure this out.
    I'm not sure what size jumps and drops you're doing but the bike is going to be worth it in the end. I just decided to get the new rockers because I bent a few bolts but it's not happening to everybody. Been riding it DH + up to 20 foot drops. This is the sole issue I've had but the bike simply rocks and I'm confident bolts will no longer be an issue. Also keep in mind that I rode the bike for 2 seasons before changing the rockers. It's not something you have to jump on...
    Last edited by mayha; 11-13-2013 at 12:15 PM.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't sweat it dude. I have 1 Chilcotin that has a 180mm Marz fork that is my Whistler bike & no issues here.

Ride IT!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Dusty
    Put my order in with Salvagetti less than a month after this posting. They are saying there may be some issues with delivery for Endo units. What's the word on getting these out to us?

Five5hot
    Feb 2007
    Hey fellas, quick question. I'm getting ready to swap out to the 3D rocker tomorrow but was wondering what the torque spec is for the main pivot? (Location C). Which one is N•m and which one is Ft-lb? What does CH and EN refer to?3D rocker kits for Endorphin & Chilcotin in stock NOW-screen-shot-2014-04-13-9.23.56-pm.png

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

3D rocker kits for Endorphin & Chilcotin in stock NOW

CH ... CHilcotin, EN ... ENdorphin i would have guessed. not sure though why it's that much of a difference ...

Five5hot
    Feb 2007
    That makes sense since the spec sheet does cover both the Chilcotin and Endorphin given the difference of the main rocker pivot.

I assuming the Chilcotin requires a higher torque spec. because the dimensions are longer and takes on more leverage forces than the Endorphin's rocker link? That's just my armchair engineering though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzi View Post
    CH ... CHilcotin, EN ... ENdorphin i would have guessed. not sure though why it's that much of a difference ...

mtbr member
    The Chilcotin swing link uses an M8 bolt whereas the Endorphin uses an M6 bolt, hence the difference in torque values (17 & 10 N*m respectively).

Cheers,
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast