mtbr member

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!

My love for Knolly started when I got on my buddy's Delirium (thanks Nick!). The bike tracked so well while being so damn plush and composed. I was all in for a Delirium when I learned they stopped production and came out with the Chilcotin. I checked it out and really liked the look and what everyone says about the 4x4 suspension. I think Knolly's have a very unique and badass look to them. Ordered = thanks Todd! The Chilcotin was to be stronger and lighter than the Delirium with a slacker head angle while still being an exceptional climber. All of this turned out to be true! The Chilcotin is pure GENIUS! 34 lbs, 65.5 HA, 170 Lyric RC2DH + external cup. So here is my first build...

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-chilly-3.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-chilly-1.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-knolly-011.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-knolly-001.jpg

I was so blown away with EVERY aspect of this bike that I suggested my brother get one! He said "OK" and gave me the go ahead to spec one out for him. Here is his...

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-knolly-1.jpg

I rode the Chilcotin in all kinds of terrain...Climbs with unbelievable traction and most impressively on the loose stuff. Front end always stays planted and tracks precisely. Our group really seeks out the most difficult climbing sections and the Chilcotin is just the cats ass. DH is what I truly ride for and the Chilcotin is $$$$$$$. It feels like a DH bike should feel. It shoots lines and feels extremely comfortable in the air. The Chilcotin was so inspiring during the season at Highland Bike Park that I couldn't stop wondering how incredible the Podium would ACT!! Well, I pulled that trigger and here it is...

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-podium-1_2.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-podium-2_2.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-podium-3_2.jpg

It has been such a fun year of riding and building. Here are some action pics on the Chilcotin. Podium pics will have to wait until the snow melts.

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-nam...f16-night...copy.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-nam...night...copy.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-nam-9.7.12...smaller.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-ne-style-drop...below.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-story.jpgThe 3 Knolly's I built this year!-fire-tower-2.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-fire-tower.jpg

Thank you Knolly for making life that much better!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-chilcotin.jpg  

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-image.jpg  

Last edited by mayha; 04-15-2014 at 09:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Damn, I can't wait to build my new Podium!

Also sweet pictures of the new NE Style drop, looks rad!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    WOW!!
    You are a sick demented person.
    All this time and effort for a few hunks of metal so you can ride around in the woods like a little kid whose parents give him everything he wants?
    There are more important things in life than bicycles.

Ok, now to repeat like my therapist requested

I am a sick demented person.
    All this time and effort for a few hunks of metal so I can ride around in the woods like a little kid whose parents give him everything he wants?
    There are more important things in life than bicycles.

I don't feel any better.
    Can I come to your house and sit on those bikes?
    Tonight?
    Please?

Someday I'll have a Knolly........
    Someday

I liked the old *****
    Jan 2004

NE-Style

Kudos mayha
    Last edited by prerogative; 03-04-2013 at 04:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

right on!

hell yeah mayha, happy to help! you know i couldn't let you post without tossing this up there The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-bike_post.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Knolly + Nam = FUN

mtbr member
    podium is sittin there lookin cool! what type of ring is it sportin? it looks snowflake-ish, was that intentional?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchcr View Post
    podium is sittin there lookin cool! what type of ring is it sportin? it looks snowflake-ish, was that intentional?
    It's a DEITY sprocket (chainring). They make really nice stuff and Sadie in customer service is just awesome to deal with.
    Last edited by mayha; 03-04-2013 at 06:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KineticFear View Post
    Damn, I can't wait to build my new Podium!

Also sweet pictures of the new NE Style drop, looks rad!
    It really is rad. That whole trail should be really fun this year after the rebuild! So, am I going to see you up there? What color Podium did you go with?

mtbr member
    Nice one, like their new bars. renthal bars and chain ring would have worked...and a gold kmc chain.
    Last edited by cfrench; 11-10-2013 at 01:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Well, I actually got out today and rode the PODIUM. The snow has melted and the season has begun!!! I can't believe how amazing this bike is already. I immediately felt like I've been on it for years. Within 30 seconds of pedaling the bike I did a 20 foot step down and the bike was simply perfect in every way you want...Balance, feel, stability, plush, and QUIET. Cheers to everyone who are on their new rigs in 2013.

I posted a couple PODIUM pics in the original post above. It's the last two pics from the bottom. The pics are from video so the quality isn't top notch...

Also, I imagine I'm just cracking the surface of this bike because I have a 450 spring (swapping to 400 per weight) and I haven't touched the fork or shock yet. First time on a World Cup and first time on a DB coil. So many adjustments to make!
    Last edited by mayha; 03-15-2013 at 06:43 PM.

mtbr member
    A little update on the Podium...Half a season in.

Seriously an unbelievable bike. Constantly daydreaming of the incredible rides I've had on it. I would love to see this thing in the World Cup races. The bike shreds messy trails and is extremely fun on the flow trails. Anyone looking to add another bike it is worth it! The Chilcotin is the bike I ride most and is absolutely DH worthy, but the Podium is certainly in another class for the lift accessed. Here are a couple of pics from some flow trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-bone-saw.jpg  

The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-woods-drop.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    yeah the podium sure does rock,,, cant wait to shred mine again next month in whsitler,,, just hope my back holds out this time lol.

mtbr member
    Well, our group is growing in Knolly's...There are now 10 among us. Quite contagious! And all happy as hell. Here is a quick vid of a small section on our new trail....with the new Woodie.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=e...&v=6-iwMUKWm4g

Still needs some TLC, but top to bottom will be very nice when done. This place has it all. Extremely technical ups and some great DH sections. Ideal for the Chilly. Cheers to the start of 2014 season!

mtbr member
    Knolly to the core!! Sweet builds!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Mayha-new trail looks killer! Can't wait for Highland to open.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Well, our group is growing in Knolly's...There are now 10 among us. Quite contagious! And all happy as hell. Here is a quick vid of a small section on our new trail....with the new Woodie.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=e...&v=6-iwMUKWm4g

Still needs some TLC, but top to bottom will be very nice when done. This place has it all. Extremely technical ups and some great DH sections. Ideal for the Chilly. Cheers to the start of 2014 season!
    nice

Since my first ride on the new Podium, I havnt rode the chili or endo just keep doing uplifts at Innerleithen with the DH bike, both little bikes were stripped during winter, cleaned and rebuilt, they are sitting in the lock-up dialled and looking like new. its so temping to have a 'trail/enduro' day but for now, the podium is getting all the attention, I just love it, its amazing .
    2013 Knolly Endorphin | 2013 Knolly Chilcotin | 2014 Knolly Podium.

mtbr member

1st legit ride of 2014

Thanks guys...it's been the longest winter in years. You're lucky to have been rippin' the Podium cfrench. The mountains are still snow covered. Here is part of the crew on our first ride this year. The long wait really makes you appreciate...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 3 Knolly's I built this year!-image.jpg