Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knomer

The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go

The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-endorphin_complete_red.jpg

The all-new 27.5 Endorphin is finally rolling off the production line

I could say something cheesy like "good things come to those who wait", but let's get real... what was up with the production delay? It was all about internal cable routing. This being our first parlay into this style of routing, we wanted to do something classy and creative, that would be applicable across our lineup for years to come. Sounds easy in theory, but in practice(on a metal frame)it can have it's challenges. Three iterations and 120 days later, we have something we are proud and confident will work well on all upcoming models.

Many of you know what a ripper of a trail bike the Endorphin models have been in the past. Version 1 had a strong cult following, and version 2 was an insanely fun design that was eclipsed by the impending 27.5 'revolution'. Oh well. When we showcased this new 27.5 version of the Endorphin at last year's Eurobike show, Mike Levy of PinkBike(lead reviewer) came by our booth and took one look and said "You guys have enormous balls to replace the current 26" version. I hope this one can measure up to what was one of my favorite trail bikes ever"(26" endo). I think our entire staff was wondering the same thing. But after 6 solid months of testing and team rider's punishing this design, we are more confident than ever that the new Endorphin is the most capable trail bike on the market. Technical climbing. Aggressive descending. All day shredding. This is the bike.

Colors: Raw(black decals), ano black(white decals), team red(white decals), and blue(yellow & orange decals).

Call your local dealer today and place your pre-orders now. The first production run is filling up fast.

Thanks for the support Knation!
    Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

mtbr member
    congratulations... sometimes it's like that and it takes longer to make good ideas work. the most important is that they work in the end and everybody will be satisfied.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The Endo 27.5" black frame/white decals looks yummier than the proto Delirium 27.5" black frame/blue decals IMO:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-black-endorphin-27.5.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I might have to own one of these.

mtbr member
    Need more pics! That black sure does look sharp, as does the red, would be happy with any of them. I like the looks of that internal routing too.

Always better to take your time and get it right. Thanks for filling us in Dusty Bottoms!

mtbr member
    red is

mtbr member
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!!

I'd love to see a picture of the blue. Is it like the Chilcotin blue? Is it up on the website yet?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Braaap

I expect to see some very bright builds on blue/yellow/orange frames!
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Is the 27.5 Endo compatible with a 150mm fork?

The bike looks great.

Sorry to hear about the hassles of getting the internal routing sorted. I kind hope all that blows over and we go back to external cables. All the effort manufacturers and users have to put into hiding cables for 12" -18" inside the frame just doesn't seem worth the benefit to me.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

The bike looks great.

Sorry to hear about the hassles of getting the internal routing sorted. I kind hope all that blows over and we go back to external cables. All the effort manufacturers and users have to put into hiding cables for 12" -18" inside the frame just doesn't seem worth the benefit to me.
    We wanted to ensure that we give customers the choice, so both internal and external options will be available on this frame
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    so both internal and external options will be available on this frame
    +10 - Perfect
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

The bike looks great.

Plus one on the internal routing..... and yes, the Endo is approved for 150 fork.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Feels like I am in a restaurant watching the chef make a delicious meal, and he keeps adding little ingredients, a sweet but spicy scent permeating my olfactories, sending my brain into a frenzy.

I need to see this blue too, have to start envisioning the build and ordering stuff haha.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromagftw View Post
    The Endo 27.5" black frame/white decals looks yummier than the proto Delirium 27.5" black frame/blue decals IMO:
    I'm glad they took my advice and went with black/white. Looks real nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHROMAG19 View Post
    Good job on the zebras as well !

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    you should get a free one with that valuabe design input...

Knomer
    Here's a taste of what the blue color combo will look like this year. The internal routing modular doors have not been installed on this frame yet.

Enjoy:

The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-2015-07-27-14.16.48.jpgThe 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-2015-07-27-14.17.56.jpgThe 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-2015-07-27-14.18.29.jpgThe 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-2015-07-27-14.19.33.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks Dusty! Thought that blue sounded sweet, but it is better than I imagined. Stunning.

Edit: love the new graphics on the seat stays and top tube as well. You guys nailed it!

Time to start figuring out a build.

mtbr member
    Let us see all the frames...What's the problem ?

Biking Like Crazy!
    What's the frame weight with shock. I'm looking at Mach 6's and Ibis HD3, but if the weight is close to those then I'm buying one!
    2015 Ibis HD3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    2014 Niner Rip9 RDO
    2015 Niner WFO
    2014 Knolly Podium

Knomer
    Let us see all the frames...What's the problem ?
    We are offering 4 colors, and 3 of them are on this thread. The 4th one is raw with black decals, and we have done that color combo a few times.

mtbr member
    Nice color combo. Not so sure about all the graphics? I liked the more understated model name graphics of the previous generations (personal preference). Dont think I really need the huge orange ENDORPHIN on the top tube when it is already present on the chainstay? Even the one on the chainstay looks too big for its placement...again personal preference.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Nice color combo. Not so sure about all the graphics? I liked the more understated model name graphics of the previous generations (personal preference). Dont think I really need the huge orange ENDORPHIN on the top tube when it is already present on the chainstay? Even the one on the chainstay looks too big for its placement...again personal preference.
    Should of just went with the Yellow without the orange and without the name on the TT . A bit too much.

mtbr member
    Better size font for movies and photo shoots..............

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Are these decals going to be rolled out to other models? I'd love to see this happen to the Warden.. also, any chance you'll sell the decal kits? :P

Braaap
    Looks like you found yourself a XL. The blue color scheme looks great! Something a bit different.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

Braaap
    whoops
    Last edited by DirtMerchantBicycles; 07-28-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

mtbr member
    Should of just went with the Yellow without the orange and without the name on the TT . A bit too much.
    Agree. The two-color scheme works best IMHO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    We are offering 4 colors, and 3 of them are on this thread. The 4th one is raw with black decals, and we have done that color combo a few times.
    What about getting them up on the website or better shots of the frames?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    You know teaser pics posted to loyal followers isn't a bad thing. Proper marketing pics will come in good time, I am sure.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I dig the blue frame with the yellow and orange graphics. To each his/her own.

Five5hot
    The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-p5pb12525215.jpg
    Size: Large
    Weight: 26.5 lbs.
    Knolly-Endorphin-275 Photo Album - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeBokeh View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5pb12525215.jpg 
Views:	1270 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	1006527
    Wow. Very nice build Ryebokeh. Love the white on red.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Five5hot
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Wow. Very nice build Ryebokeh. Love the white on red.
    Not mine but I know the guy. He's actually the National Sales Manger for Knolly.

mtbr member
    Hotness!!! That's a good weight for what should/will be a very capable trail bike. I do prefer the smaller/more subtle graphics on the Warden though.

mtbr member
    A
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5pb12525215.jpg 
Views:	1270 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	1006527

Very nice! I was thinking the same fork because of the the color but I'm going to use a Fox 34 for the budget. Until I ship it off to AVY for the cartridges changes.

What model of Guides are on the bike?
    Yamaha & Paiste, weapons of mass percussion

mtbr member
    fantastic build. red is hot!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    so much want...

Five5hot
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstix View Post

what model of guides are on the bike?
    RSC. He swapped out the XTR in favor of the RSC on his Warden build also.

mtbr member
    Damn nice build! Love the red, classy, yet still evoking wanton desires to get rowdy.

mtbr member
    Or maybe the yellow on one side (top tube and seat stay) and orange on the other. That way it's like changing graphics after every switchback.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Time to get the shocking truth! lol Just wondering what rear shock you future Endo'ites will choose?
    I've been going back and fourth on this. I'm sure the CC is better than the stock Fox but I'm more thinking about a AVY modified Fox vs the CC. Which will add a few more dead presidents to the overall cost but I did it to all my past dirt bikes plus did a little shock swapping on a few of my old bikes.

mtbr member
    Time to get the shocking truth! lol Just wondering what rear shock you future Endo'ites will choose?
    I've been going back and fourth on this. I'm sure the CC is better than the stock Fox but I'm more thinking about a AVY modified Fox vs the CC. Which will add a few more dead presidents to the overall cost but I did it to all my past dirt bikes plus did a little shock swapping on a few of my old bikes.
    I've also been going back and forth on this question. I've never had what I would say was a super stellar experience with the Inline but I've only ridden it on demo bikes where time to tinker and set up things correctly is limited. I can also so that, to me, the performance of the Float CTD Kashima wasn't bad on my 5010 but it did bottom too easily and lacked midstroke support. The AVY tune I had performed on it solved both of those problems.

I've heard the new DPS Float with the Vorsprung-like canister has also solved both of those issues for the most part and is very good.

Here's Noel's response to that question:

"Performance differences is obviously subjective: on the rear shock, I would say that overall the DB-inline will be the higher performing shock due to increased tune options, increased air / oil volume and better mid-stroke support. On the flip side the Float DPS is lighter weight, easier to set up and a HUGE improvement over the previous CTD rear shocks. A lot of the Knolly staff have been riding the DPS uniquely to get final internal tunes established and we genuinely like this shock. I would say it's biggest weakness (to me) is that it sags a bit more when climbing as the mid-stroke support is not quite as good as the DB-Inline: however, other members of my staff don't care as all about this. The DPS is really good descending: much better than the CTD and surprisingly plush. The decision is much closer now than before and really comes down to whether the customer wants to spend the time getting the DB-Inline dialed for some smaller - but definitely noticeable - overall suspension improvement over the DPS. But it's really close..

Hope that helps - cheers!

Noel"

I'm actually leaning towards the Fox DPS a little, because of the ease of set up, lighter weight, and (I assume) its ability to be user-serviced and AVY tuned.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Why no love for the CCDBA CS? Superior shock to the Inline (apart from minor weight penalty).

mtbr member
    Why no love for the CCDBA CS? Superior shock to the Inline (apart from minor weight penalty).
    Right. When I rode the GG Megatrail 26" and 27.5" back to back, one had the Inline and one had the DBAir CS and I do like the DB Air better (and have been pretty happy with it on my Chilcotin, but it does seem like more shock than I need for the Endorphin (and has some of the same down sides as the Inline plus is heavier)......... although, having said that, I am pretty interested in the new Fox 2x. Again, still wonder if it's more shock than I need for the Endo.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I think the fears of the tuning complexity the Cane Creek stuff are overblown. They give you a base tune on their website. Just set your sag, turn the dials to the recommendations, and ride! Then you can make minor tweaks based on how it feels.

The recommended settings for my Inline were damn close to perfect. I wasn't getting enough sag (I like 30-35%) at the recommended starting pressure (riding weight - 20 in PSI), so i dropped the pressure a bit, like 3-4psi. Then I was bottoming out a bit too easy so I added a volume reducer. I tweaked the HSR and HSC a little bit but I ended up turning them back to the recommendations because it just felt better. Now I just leave it and use the climb switch where needed. Easy peasy.

Tunability is a good thing. Push and Avy stuff are great too - they are pros and will make your suspension awesome, you are just paying for them to do the work for you (and to modify the shock physically so it can tuned). But if you want to tweak it, you have to send it back in. With Cane creek you can just bust out your allen wrench. Either way - a dialed suspension makes for a very happy rider.

mtbr member
    Going to try the Inline. I like the idea of it's adjustability more than anything. The ability to fit different shocks is something I am really looking forward to. My bike now has a proprietary shock, so having options will be sweet. Plus I like having a back up shock so will end up picking up something else at some point, and if the Inline doesn't work out, I will even have options of further tuning such as avy'ed that I don't have now.

I feel the same as KRob in not knowing just how much shock will work for me on the Endo. The inline seems to me like it kind of bridges the gap between a DBA CS or Float X2 and a Fox DPS or "smaller" shocks. That may not be the case as I have never ridden an Inline though.

mtbr member
    They are both really good shocks: as far as OEM shocks go, they're among the best out there. Obviously, we can't offer every option available under the sun and we do have customers with specific requirements (i.e. larger distributor accounts): but these are both very good products, each of which has it's pros and frankly not much in the way of cons.

Cheers,
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    I've also been going back and forth on this question. I've never had what I would say was a super stellar experience with the Inline but I've only ridden it on demo bikes where time to tinker and set up things correctly is limited. I can also so that, to me, the performance of the Float CTD Kashima wasn't bad on my 5010 but it did bottom too easily and lacked midstroke support. The AVY tune I had performed on it solved both of those problems.

I've heard the new DPS Float with the Vorsprung-like canister has also solved both of those issues for the most part and is very good.

Here's Noel's response to that question:

"Performance differences is obviously subjective: on the rear shock, I would say that overall the DB-inline will be the higher performing shock due to increased tune options, increased air / oil volume and better mid-stroke support. On the flip side the Float DPS is lighter weight, easier to set up and a HUGE improvement over the previous CTD rear shocks. A lot of the Knolly staff have been riding the DPS uniquely to get final internal tunes established and we genuinely like this shock. I would say it's biggest weakness (to me) is that it sags a bit more when climbing as the mid-stroke support is not quite as good as the DB-Inline: however, other members of my staff don't care as all about this. The DPS is really good descending: much better than the CTD and surprisingly plush. The decision is much closer now than before and really comes down to whether the customer wants to spend the time getting the DB-Inline dialed for some smaller - but definitely noticeable - overall suspension improvement over the DPS. But it's really close..

Hope that helps - cheers!

Noel"

I'm actually leaning towards the Fox DPS a little, because of the ease of set up, lighter weight, and (I assume) its ability to be user-serviced and AVY tuned.

Yeah, pretty sure I'm going the Fox shock route too. Then maybe in the fall, off to AVY.

Thanks, KRob for the reply.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knollybikes.com View Post
    They are both really good shocks: as far as OEM shocks go, they're among the best out there. Obviously, we can't offer every option available under the sun and we do have customers with specific requirements (i.e. larger distributor accounts): but these are both very good products, each of which has it's pros and frankly not much in the way of cons.

Cheers,

Thanks for chiming in Noel! Looking forward to getting back on a bike. It's been a few years and wasn't easy looking outside the Turner camp.

mtbr member
    @RyeBokeh: That is a DPA Pike correct? Thought those only came in 160mm. Is the Endo rated for 160, or did you somehow modify it?

I may be completely wrong, maybe he is going to run 160, just hadn't even considered that an option til now.

mtbr member
    RSC. He swapped out the XTR in favor of the RSC on his Warden build also.
    Thanks, wasn't sure if they were the RSC or the Ultimates. (May not be any difference lol)

Knomer
    Boom:
    The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-endorphin275_complete_sideprofile_black-white.jpg

pow:
    The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-endorphin275_complete_sideprofile_blue-yellow.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Those look like at least 150 Pikes on the front. That Black is killer. Any smalls left?

mtbr member
    Niiiiccce!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    Those look like at least 150 Pikes on the front. That Black is killer. Any smalls left?

Might be a small red frame available.....after my wifey puts me in a choke hold!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    what height & inseam Drumstix? I'm still waiting to hear back from the Knolly guys on sizing to get in the last of the pre-orders. I'm 5'-6.5" w/ about a 29ish inseam. Trying to figure out if I'm a small or medium. By the numbers I think I'm squarely in the small but then I hear they ride smaller than their reach & ETT numbers suggest. Trying to avoid a long stem though.

mtbr member
    B
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo902 View Post
    what height & inseam Drumstix? I'm still waiting to hear back from the Knolly guys on sizing to get in the last of the pre-orders. I'm 5'-6.5" w/ about a 29ish inseam. Trying to figure out if I'm a small or medium. By the numbers I think I'm squarely in the small but then I hear they ride smaller than their reach & ETT numbers suggest. Trying to avoid a long stem though.

I know exactly what you are talking about. same height and inseam. I usually fit right dead center of a small and medium. I usually favor medium frames with short stems.
    My last few bikes have been med Turners.

I really hate buying frames blindly, hoping that I don't make those costly mistakes which I have done a few times. As well with this one, I have never seen one or ridden one. So, I'm kinda shaking in my shoes about ordering a small.

That said, the new Endos have long effective top tubes. The small is listed at about 23" and the med at around 24". I spoke with Brain @ Knolly for a bit regarding the size and he feels I would fit on the small frame.

However with the delay now, I might just hold off until interbike and maybe I will get lucky and find a small and a med.

Most of my past bikes have had a 22.5" effective top tube reach and I mostly ran a 50mm stem.
    I see a few Warden riders that are a few inches taller than me on med frames running 35-50mm stems. It does look like the new Endo is a tad longer then the Warden too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    drum

i picked up my medium warden last week I'm around milos height and have a 45mm stem but thinking i'll be going longer to get a bit more weight on the front end. i was thinking of getting the new endorphin in small (i didn't, i wanted a diville on the front) and after picking up the warden i'm glad i didn't get the new medium endorphin, would have been too big. if you look at the fully built bike from knolly the warden is specked with a 60mm stem the new endorphin a 70mm stem. might be something to that

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I went through the fit process with Wrench Science, they put me firmly in a small w/ a 60-70mm stem. As much as I have been salivating over the new Endorphin, being I'm at the upper end of a small with a longish stem, I'm probably going to hold off until I can get a ride. Not sure I can stomach the $5k+ for a full build site unseen.

Hopefully I can get a demo sometime, never ridden a Knolly but everything I read has me smitten.

mtbr member
    However with the delay now, I might just hold off until interbike and maybe I will get lucky and find a small and a med.
    I wouldn't count on Knolly being at Interbike. Call them directly and they'll try and get you hooked up with a demo somehow. Where do you live?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by louf View Post
    drum

i picked up my medium warden last week I'm around milos height and have a 45mm stem but thinking i'll be going longer to get a bit more weight on the front end. i was thinking of getting the new endorphin in small (i didn't, i wanted a diville on the front) and after picking up the warden i'm glad i didn't get the new medium endorphin, would have been too big. if you look at the fully built bike from knolly the warden is specked with a 60mm stem the new endorphin a 70mm stem. might be something to that

Thanks for postings, I mean REALLY thanks! Gives me a shot of relief in the arm. A 24" TT would be to long for me (med Endo) if that's what the numbers actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo902 View Post
    I went through the fit process with Wrench Science, they put me firmly in a small w/ a 60-70mm stem. As much as I have been salivating over the new Endorphin, being I'm at the upper end of a small with a longish stem, I'm probably going to hold off until I can get a ride. Not sure I can stomach the $5k+ for a full build site unseen.

Hopefully I can get a demo sometime, never ridden a Knolly but everything I read has me smitten.
    I sure know from experience about buying a frame to small for me without ever trying one first. Quite costly!

I wouldn't count on Knolly being at Interbike. Call them directly and they'll try and get you hooked up with a demo somehow. Where do you live?

Yeah, I know.....lol

Kinda hoping Knolly and Turner will both want to show off the new bikes this year at dirt demo. Seams like every year the show gets smaller and less and less of my favorites show up.

I'm in socal btw.

mtbr member

Yeah, I know.....lol

Kinda hoping Knolly and Turner will both want to show off the new bikes this year at dirt demo. Seams like every year the show gets smaller and less and less of my favorites show up.
    I hear you. I-bike is closer to me and free and I'd still rather go to Outerbike lately. Plus it's a week or two earlier than it used to be so more likely to be 100+ degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by drumstix
    I'm in socal btw.
    I know a guy.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    I hear you. I-bike is closer to me and free and I'd still rather go to Oauterbike lately. Plus it's a week or two earlier than it used to be so more likely to be 100+ degrees.

I know a guy.

I use to know a couple of guys! LOL

if your guy has a small, or a medium or both and wouldn't mind a driveway checkout for a few minutes....that would be awesome! Not to mention a Starbucks!

mtbr member

This thread needs more pics :)

This is my Enduro build. Its a 10SPD XTR cassette, which they are blowing out for near half price, RF carbon bars and cranks (carbon where it counts). Shifter and rear derailler are XT. Nothing fancy. This is a real mans build. And by that I mean, its designed to not make me cry if I tear a derailleur off on a rock. Hence the XT stuff.

It is true, you can run internal or external cables or mix and match. So flexible, I love it! I haven't installed the internal cable guides windows yet, I wanted to try out both ways. The new external cable guides are super easy and attach with an allen to the frame. They are asymmetric, so brake hose on one side and shifter on the other works great. For the internal guides there are big windows on the frame that make passing the cable inside the downtube a snap. One note, Make sure you go with 4mm cable for your dropper and shifter cables if you go internal. I don't think that 5mm will fit in the lower part of the frame, near the bottom bracket (pics to follow next week)

This build runs heavier tires: Minion HR2 front and rear filled with Stans on a Large Ano Frame. Weight is quite nice at 27 Lbs 9 oz, including flat pedals and the Cane Creek Inline installed.

Full build pics to come. Its dark outside atm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-20150815_212454-576x1024-.jpg  

Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdhfreethought View Post
    This is my Enduro build. Its a 10SPD XTR cassette, which they are blowing out for near half price, RF carbon bars and cranks (carbon where it counts). Shifter and rear derailler are XT. Nothing fancy. This is a real mans build. And by that I mean, its designed to not make me cry if I tear a derailleur off on a rock. Hence the XT stuff.

It is true, you can run internal or external cables or mix and match. So flexible, I love it! I haven't installed the internal cable guides windows yet, I wanted to try out both ways. The new external cable guides are super easy and attach with an allen to the frame. They are asymmetric, so brake hose on one side and shifter on the other works great. For the internal guides there are big windows on the frame that make passing the cable inside the downtube a snap. One note, Make sure you go with 4mm cable for your dropper and shifter cables if you go internal. I don't think that 5mm will fit in the lower part of the frame, near the bottom bracket (pics to follow next week)

This build runs heavier tires: Minion HR2 front and rear filled with Stans on a Large Ano Frame. Weight is quite nice at 27 Lbs 9 oz, including flat pedals and the Cane Creek Inline installed.

Not to mention, action pics and ride reviews for us dreamers! Lol

mtbr member

Nice. What wheels are those? The new Torch Carbons?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    In internal or external cables or mix and match. So flexible, I love it!
    +1 - awesome. Love the external cables.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    RE: Wheelset. Nope, these are standard, run of the mill, Spank Oozy 295 Trail wheelset. (29.5mm width). (which I love. Spank makes the best aluminum rims on the market imo). I will probably replace with some fancy race wheels if I get fast enough at riding Enduro to claim some podiums. Mostly because I love CK and Hadley hubs.

RE: External cables. Vik, yeah. The routing is so spot on, it sucks that the internal guides had to be put in as the external is so nice. For comparison, I was riding DH this weekend and helped a friend to fix her Yeti. The cables were routed all exposed on the underneath part of the bottom tube, on a DH bike! What a disaster waiting to happen.

A couple of things I have always liked about Knollys is the full seat tube and cable routing. The beautiful welds and killer performance is great, but the attention to detail is second to none.

Sneak pic at full side photo:
    ( I mean just look at the graceful curves of those cables...and I am a hack when it comes to a mechanic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-2015-08-16-06.01.35-2-mtbr-1280x960-.jpg  

mtbr member
    RE: Wheelset. Nope, these are standard, run of the mill, Spank Oozy 295 Trail wheelset. (29.5mm width). (which I love. Spank makes the best aluminum rims on the market imo). I will probably replace with some fancy race wheels if I get fast enough at riding Enduro to claim some podiums. Mostly because I love CK and Hadley hubs.
    Cool. Do you know what those wheels weigh? I'm hoping that with a dropper post and carbon wheels I can still get around 28lbs with my build.

Since you have yours and you're like in the top 12, I'm hoping as a lowly Super Ambassador mine won't be too far behind.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    The High Rollers are 860g ( didnt weight the wheelset, but can weight the whole thing soon, first ride tomorrow. Brian built his to 26.5 without dropper (or pedals, I think). He had Nobby Nics on his, great tire (in the 600g range) but I've already witnessed 2 cuts, here in the PNW, so I am gun shy.

As you know the little things add up. The XO1 drivetrain shaves a couple hundred grams. You can save a lot of weight in pedals (Syntace, and the new Gamut look to be awesome options), but you have to pay to play, with forged axles and aluminum pins. A good saddle is important too.

Considering I could save 600g (1 lb 4 oz) with just a tire change and XO1, you should easily hit your mark if you go with a fancy wheelset, even with a dropper (which would add 8oz, 210g, to my build)

Good luck, they are arriving soon. I know you have been waiting.

mtbr member
    The High Rollers are 860g ( didnt weight the wheelset, but can weight the whole thing soon, first ride tomorrow. Brian built his to 26.5 without dropper (or pedals, I think). He had Nobby Nics on his, great tire (in the 600g range) but I've already witnessed 2 cuts, here in the PNW, so I am gun shy.

As you know the little things add up. The XO1 drivetrain shaves a couple hundred grams. You can save a lot of weight in pedals (Syntace, and the new Gamut look to be awesome options), but you have to pay to play, with forged axles and aluminum pins. A good saddle is important too.

Considering I could save 600g (1 lb 4 oz) with just a tire change and XO1, you should easily hit your mark if you go with a fancy wheelset, even with a dropper (which would add 8oz, 210g, to my build)

Good luck, they are arriving soon. I know you have been waiting.
    I'll be running 2.3 HRII as well (at least on the front) and my carbon wheels are on the burly side so not sure how much weight I'll save on the wheels. I'm thinking the Spank wheels are around 1800grams per set (?). Edit: Check that: 27.5 Spank Oozy Trail 295 wheels are 1700 grams. Dang. I think that's even a little lighter than my CK/Atomik carbon wheels.

I am going XO1, Next SL cranks, and carbon bar so hopefully I won't be crowding the 30 lb mark too much.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Agreed about the cable routing options. Been less than thrilled with internal and looking forward to external. It looks to be so well thought out either way though on the Endo, so may give internal a try at some point. Love the way they swoop up the linkage and down the seat stay, very clean. I like internal dropper routing and this one looks simple.

Can the internal be run full length housing? That's the biggest problem I have with internal is when it becomes a puzzle, housing length, running inner cable only so far, then cut housing, do next section, cut housing, fishing for cable...etc.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    My Large Warden sits at 29 lbs. with XT Trail pedals and a CCDB CS. With the Fox Shock I think I will see 28 lbs....ish. Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I Should have it built up by the weekend. I will post pics and weights as the build progresses.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogiKudo View Post
    I Should have it built up by the weekend. I will post pics and weights as the build progresses.
    You should have what built up by the weekend? Do you have your Endorphin frame?

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

My project for the beginning of the 2016, looks great!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1139
Size:  55.5 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by graypaw View Post
    My project for the beginning of the 2016, looks great!

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1139
Size:  55.5 KB
    Whoa Pike at $1900?!

EDIT: now I realise it's weight haha, my bad, carry on!

Build looks solid. Keen to hear some ride reports from guys that are coming from the 26"version!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    haha.. i was thinking just the same... a bike costing 12k...

but interesting to see that some of the items sell for more or less 1usd/cad/eur per gramm...

mtbr member
    HAHAHA My budget is not so huge!
    I'm looking to build a Endorphin size L less than 13 Kg without carbon rims (too expensive)
    Last edited by graypaw; 08-19-2015 at 07:44 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slider_phil View Post
    Whoa Pike at $1900?!

EDIT: now I realise it's weight haha, my bad, carry on!

Build looks solid. Keen to hear some ride reports from guys that are coming from the 26"version!

I've had a few months now on the 27.5 coming from the the 26 version and the simple answer is its better! i love the 26 as a trail bike but there were rides were i wouldn't even think of taking it as I had the chilcotin as well that would get used on rougher trails. the 27.5 version is a lot more capable machine. as i've said in previous posts the 27.5 Endo and Warden overlap a lot more than the 26 Endo and Chilcotin. the new endo retains everything that made the previous one great but more!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    I've had a few months now on the 27.5 coming from the the 26 version and the simple answer is its better! i love the 26 as a trail bike but there were rides were i wouldn't even think of taking it as I had the chilcotin as well that would get used on rougher trails. the 27.5 version is a lot more capable machine. as i've said in previous posts the 27.5 Endo and Warden overlap a lot more than the 26 Endo and Chilcotin. the new endo retains everything that made the previous one great but more!
    I'm sure that I am not the only one interested in a more detailed Warden vs new Endo evaluation. Would appreciate your insights.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouver View Post
    I'm sure that I am not the only one interested in a more detailed Warden vs new Endo evaluation. Would appreciate your insights.
    Count me in. I have read your other posts I believe pfarrell from a while back, along with a few others who have been able to demo the new Endo. It was all that feedback from those who were able to ride them that made me take a hard look at this bike. Digging a little deeper I realized the loyal following Knolly has and why. That was enough for me to order one up.

Not quite sure when these will start showing up in the wild, but time is due for an in-depth review

That is unless everyone has been sworn to secrecy. My guess is this bike is so killer, everyone is afraid once word gets out about it's awesomeness, that it will be the end of bike design...the pinnacle has been reached, all efforts from here on out will be futile. Perhaps it is so good that anyone not riding a Knolly will feel like they are picking s*** with the sparrows.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    sherwin I was in the same boat as you. Hadn't heard of Knolly till I read some blogs and reviews. I spoke with them (Knolly) and was able to procure a demo bike at Wrench Science in Berkeley, CA. On the first descent from the parking trail head to the real trail start I was blown away by how fun the bike felt. Then I started the long climbs and was again extremely happy with how stable it climbed. The hype is real, it's an awesome bike. Can't believe this wasn't in the Bike Bible.

Just going to test one more I think before I decide on one, but it's topping the list so far. Next up Evil Following.

mtbr member
    Currently riding an Evil Following and my wife has a 26" Endo so I was interested to hear how the new one went.

Thinking of building a Warden to compliment the Evil but so far I haven't come across anything that's slowed the Evil down. might try and get a ride on a demo at some stage to see if it will work for me.

Yebo Numzaan
    Loving these Endo threads. The bike looks "Bad As"....looking forward to the usual first ride impressions. There will be a lot of stoke going around once we see whats in store at Eurobike and in the coming weeks...I know I am excited about whats coming
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    The 27.5 Endorphin is ready to go-dorph.jpg

hurry up already

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Crickets now that the Warden Carbon has dropped

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    So.... September now?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aobs15 View Post
    Crickets now that the Warden Carbon has dropped
    And the new Delirium. The WardenC is pretty sweet though. I am planning to have this Endo as my go to bike for quite some time, and even if they had a carbon available now, I would probably still choose aluminum. At some point I could see a carbon bike, and that Warden would be at the top of the list. By the time I am ready though, who knows what will be available.

Just like computers, by the time you purchase it, something new is already coming out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nilswalk View Post
    So.... September now?
    Realistically, yes. Today is the 26th and they haven't arrived in Vancouver yet (or have landed and are still in customs... the boat was close to shore last I talked to Kevin). Then by time they get sorted out and sent to dealers it'll be next week.

Yeah, a year from announcement to delivery is unacceptable. No one is more aware of that than Noel and it sounds like they're trying really hard to cut that time down on the new Warden.

We'll see.

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Well I was late to the Endo party so no complaining from me on a wait, but I can understand where people are a bit miffed. Here's how I look at it though; the internal routing is what held up the Endo, that has been sorted and they made it so that it is viable still down the road. That is one major draw to a Knolly, they are designed and built to last. Trends come and go, but I have no doubt that 10 years down the road a Knolly is a bike that I would still ride, rather than want to get rid of. Like a good pair of hiking boots, I would rather resole them and have the familiar feel than toss it. If it wasn't for the industry basically halting anything 26" that Endo would still be just as good today as when it came out. Noel took the time to design the new Endo around the 27.5" wheel rather than just changing the rear triangle to fit the bigger wheels, like others have done.

Not to mention getting these other bikes to the table in the mean time, they have been busy to say the least.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Yeah, a year from announcement to delivery is unacceptable. No one is more aware of that than Noel and it sounds like they're trying really hard to cut that time down on the new Warden.

We'll see.
    Yeah, I imagine that without the cable-routing-induced delays it probably would have been on par for the industry standard gap between announcement and availability. It just seems like there's kind of a "pre-production announcement arms race" going on the last few years such that everybody is going public earlier and earlier just to keep up with the demand for products and to stay in the news alongside their competitors. Seeing "products" at trade shows that have half of the bits 3D-printed is kind of ridiculous.

Not pointing the finger at any brand in particular, but if you can prevent even a small portion of your target market from making a purchasing decision on someone else's product before your yours is ready just by generating some hype early it's gotta be very, very tempting to do so. Then everyone is forced to do the same just to keep pace. Gotta be hard for the smaller shops that don't have the predictability in their supply chains to meet the promised dates.

I blame the internet for creating unreasonable demand!

mtbr member
    Are there any dealers on the East Coast, near Philly that will have any to demo? I really like the look of this bike and feel like the shorter travel would suit my style of riding better.
    2017 XL Santa Cruz Tallboy

Unit 91
    Quote Originally Posted by guswalls View Post
    Are there any dealers on the East Coast, near Philly that will have any to demo? I really like the look of this bike and feel like the shorter travel would suit my style of riding better.
    More than likely no. You will have better luck trying to find an owner of the Endo to try out. Have you ever ridden or owned a Knolly before? I bought my first Knolly blind and purely off the positive reviews found here. I don't regret my decision. My wife and I both own Knolly's (Warden and a Chili) and live near Baltimore, MD if you'd ever like to throw a leg over one.
    Bikes

mtbr member
    Thanks for the offer. I rode a large Chili a couple of years ago and at 6'2, I couldn't tell if an XL would have been better. I have long legs and arms and fit bikes weirdly. I bought my Spitfire blind and at first bought an XL which was surprisingly too big with a 35mm stem. Selling bikes is a pain. I wonder what an Endorphin with a CC Inline and a 140 pike would ride like.

I test rode a Chili and it was a little too much travel for me. The bike I built up is pretty nice, but I wonder how less travel would be for most of the trails that I ride. I wish it would be easier to ride faster in flat or climbing sections.

By the way, I rode the Patapsco Epic last year and had a great time. Those trails are similar to what I ride.

Braaap
    Thanks for the offer. I rode a large Chili a couple of years ago and at 6'2, I couldn't tell if an XL would have been better. I have long legs and arms and fit bikes weirdly. I bought my Spitfire blind and at first bought an XL which was surprisingly too big with a 35mm stem. Selling bikes is a pain. I wonder what an Endorphin with a CC Inline and a 140 pike would ride like.

I test rode a Chili and it was a little too much travel for me. The bike I built up is pretty nice, but I wonder how less travel would be for most of the trails that I ride. I wish it would be easier to ride faster in flat or climbing sections.

By the way, I rode the Patapsco Epic last year and had a great time. Those trails are similar to what I ride.
    The XL Endo 275 and the XL Spitfire are similarly sized (478mm reach). However, a large Endo is quite a bit longer than your large Spitfire. I suspect a large Endo 27.5 would be the ticket.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

Unit 91

My first Knolly was an XL Endorphin (I'm 6'3" with long arm and long legs) and I should have never sold that frame; so fast and so fun. I can only imagine what the 27.5 version will be like. If I were you, I'd be all over that thing!

Nice! What mileage did you do? I helped support it the past two years through bike shops and it's a great event. Where do you ride in PA?
    Bikes

mtbr member
    I need to demo it first. I really like my Spitfire and am hating the idea of having to sell another frame. It is burly and pedals decently for where we live. This bike is my first full sus trail bike. My problem is in my head. I demoed a Pivot Mach 4 and it was so fast. I could not believe that sitting upright on a bike would give such steering precision. I don't think that the Pivot would stand up to my weight and riding style. I think the best setup would be a bike with a 140/130 front and 130 rear to give me the speed I am looking for.

I did the 35 miler which was a killer. I just got the Spitfire built up in time for this event. It was my first ride on it. My Spit has a 150 pike and a CCDBA c/s.

mtbr member
    About stock colors, only blue, black and raw in the website
    What does happen with white/orange and red/white? Are not availables? Why?
    Those combinations looks great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast