Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Although I only have three rides on my Endo, these comments mirror my feelings. The Endo rips. It is a super fun and capable bike. For 90% of the trails I ride in Southern Cali this bike is near perfect.
    TG
    I am glad to hear you got an Endorphin and that you are enjoying it!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Although I only have three rides on my Endo, these comments mirror my feelings. The Endo rips. It is a super fun and capable bike. For 90% of the trails I ride in Southern Cali this bike is near perfect.
    TG
    Yeah Tim! glad you got an Endo as well! Hope you still have the Chilly too.

And Brandon, your reviews are definitely spot on with what I am feeling. This bike rips the type of trail that the majority of riders are riding. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the likes of goat camp in their backyard, or live in whistler or a handful of other places that really demand a chilly as there one bike. I know for my home trails, the Endo will be the go to bike for 90% of those trails as well as trips to Fruita. Now there is always a trail here or there that warrant the chilly like if you are in the Fruita area and want to hit some of lunch loops in GJ, the chilly would be the go to for sure. Also, there are areas such as gooseberry mesa where it could be fun on either bike depending on how much you want to "play" on some of the features.

as a side note, I am learning alot about why people run such beefy tires in the desert. In Jackson, we ride dirt with little rock and the majority of that rock is glacial so it's alot softer on sidewalls so single ply tires easily last a season. I used to think that if you where shredding single ply tires, it was just that you must have poor technique but i found that to be not true. In my previous short trips south i got lucky with a bit of riding more carefully and slower but since getting more familiar with a couple xc style trails I'd rather have a bit more rotational weight to allow me to ride as I would my own home town trails. I've shredded two maxxis cross marks in two week. I just put an ardent with the exo protection on the rear and hopefully that fares a little better. I really don't want to run bigger than 2.2 but I can't afford a tire per week.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post

And Brandon, your reviews are definitely spot on with what I am feeling. This bike rips the type of trail that the majority of riders are riding. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the likes of goat camp in their backyard, or live in whistler or a handful of other places that really demand a chilly as there one bike. I know for my home trails, the Endo will be the go to bike for 90% of those trails as well as trips to Fruita. Now there is always a trail here or there that warrant the chilly like if you are in the Fruita area and want to hit some of lunch loops in GJ, the chilly would be the go to for sure. Also, there are areas such as gooseberry mesa where it could be fun on either bike depending on how much you want to "play" on some of the features.

as a side note, I am learning alot about why people run such beefy tires in the desert. In Jackson, we ride dirt with little rock and the majority of that rock is glacial so it's alot softer on sidewalls so single ply tires easily last a season. I used to think that if you where shredding single ply tires, it was just that you must have poor technique but i found that to be not true. In my previous short trips south i got lucky with a bit of riding more carefully and slower but since getting more familiar with a couple xc style trails I'd rather have a bit more rotational weight to allow me to ride as I would my own home town trails. I've shredded two maxxis cross marks in two week. I just put an ardent with the exo protection on the rear and hopefully that fares a little better. I really don't want to run bigger than 2.2 but I can't afford a tire per week.
    Pete,

Seems like a lot of people are coming around on the Endo, there for a while it seemed like I was the only one. I'm glad to see that others are spending the time on the bike and getting it dialed. Are you still running the CTD?

As for tires in the SW, I could not agree more. I am lucky if I can get 3 months from a tire. It will more often than not die from a sidewall cut which I cannot patch. Rarely, unless running a DH tire, can I wear a tire out. I always struggle to find the right tire. Specialized tires seem to work well for me here, especially the GRID versions. I was very cautious running the Maxxis tires that came with the build kit as they are super light, and have paper thin sidewalls.

BTW, I am doing rides typically Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings about 4:30 at the T100 area if you would like to come along. The rides are not overly long or technical, but fun on the Endo. Let me know.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

mtbr member

Quick Pic

Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Pics? Glad you are digging the bike. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts when you have time.
    This bike is awesome. I guess it all depends what you are looking for out of a bike. The Endo is pretty much exactly what I was looking for; light enough to ride all day long, but geometry and suspension to still have a ton of fun.

I could go on about a bunch of things, so I will probably write a separate review.

Here is a pic for the mean time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A 26.9lb Endorphin is born...-img_1291.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    I am glad to hear you got an Endorphin and that you are enjoying it!
    Thanks Jamie, I guess its different strokes for different folks. Bummed the Endo didn't work out for you. For the trails I ride down here this bike is a ton of fun.

Hope to meat up in SC one of these days.

TG

mtbr member
    Definitely keeping the Chili. I'm stoked! Now I can put nice beefy tires on the Chili and keep the Endo light and snappy. I was worried there were be too much overlap between the two, but there is a distinct difference. Both bikes are a blast to ride.

WHen are coming out to the Coast?

mtbr member
    Looks great Tim!
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

Knollician
    Definitely keeping the Chili. I'm stoked! Now I can put nice beefy tires on the Chili and keep the Endo light and snappy. I was worried there were be too much overlap between the two, but there is a distinct difference. Both bikes are a blast to ride.

WHen are coming out to the Coast?
    Agreed. There certainly is a some overlap, however people looking for a Chili like ride might be a bit disappointed with the Endo. That being said, if they are looking for a quick, taught, sporty, type ride that can handle the bigger stuff, the Endo is the ticket.

Please be sure to list your specs and weight, I am very curious. How is the Revelation treating you?

I am a bit disappointed with the recent weight gain on the Endo due to my tire change. I want to keep it as light as possible, but tire durability is high on my priority list, especially with summer approaching. Nothing is worse than having to patch and tube a tire on a late summer afternoon ride when it's 110 degrees

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Pete,

Seems like a lot of people are coming around on the Endo, there for a while it seemed like I was the only one. I'm glad to see that others are spending the time on the bike and getting it dialed. Are you still running the CTD?

As for tires in the SW, I could not agree more. I am lucky if I can get 3 months from a tire. It will more often than not die from a sidewall cut which I cannot patch. Rarely, unless running a DH tire, can I wear a tire out. I always struggle to find the right tire. Specialized tires seem to work well for me here, especially the GRID versions. I was very cautious running the Maxxis tires that came with the build kit as they are super light, and have paper thin sidewalls.

BTW, I am doing rides typically Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings about 4:30 at the T100 area if you would like to come along. The rides are not overly long or technical, but fun on the Endo. Let me know.
    still have the CTD on mine and it's OK. I swapped my girlfriend's for the last RP23 model and RWC needle bearings and she is liking it alot better too. she doesn't have much patience for bike set up and so i think i got lucky with the rp23. If she would have given me some more time I think the CTD would have worked for her as well but as it was it was just to harsh even without the volume spacer in there. Fox in the past seemed to work well for lighter riders and not so much for guys like me but the CTD on this bike might be the exception.

And thanks for the invite to ride, I'd like to check out that area so maybe next week. currently, I've been riding in the mornings on the bct as I prefer getting shot as as opposed to people on the trails...... Does anyone Know how close you have to be to a bullet to actually hear it wizz by? It has happened out there and i am not sure if they were aiming at us or just to stupid to know where their bullets were going.

Knollician
    still have the CTD on mine and it's OK. I swapped my girlfriend's for the last RP23 model and RWC needle bearings and she is liking it alot better too. she doesn't have much patience for bike set up and so i think i got lucky with the rp23. If she would have given me some more time I think the CTD would have worked for her as well but as it was it was just to harsh even without the volume spacer in there. Fox in the past seemed to work well for lighter riders and not so much for guys like me but the CTD on this bike might be the exception.

And thanks for the invite to ride, I'd like to check out that area so maybe next week. currently, I've been riding in the mornings on the bct as I prefer getting shot as as opposed to people on the trails...... Does anyone Know how close you have to be to a bullet to actually hear it wizz by? It has happened out there and i am not sure if they were aiming at us or just to stupid to know where their bullets were going.
    DUDE....BCT on the south side is scary as hell. Hillbillies everywhere. The only time I have ridden the southside, we heard gun shots, way too close for comfort. Go to the rock springs exit and head north. Much nicer riding anyway.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Hi Guys

Good thread! because I am looking for a AM bike.

I LOVED my Enduro 2009 that I had dialed to my needs; bigger Chromag 760 bar, Fox 36 float 160mm RS Monarch RC3 Plus (both 33%), Stans flow and Ardents 2.3. Short Stem Rippa Funn. (all 14.5 kg)
    It did get me up climbing and loved it when I pointed it down. So I would like a bike that isnt heavier than 14kg = 30.8. including pedals.
    Now I just love the frame on the Endo and Chill, But I am in doubt.
    I ride aggressive XC for the most, but do like to take some home made drops (Top 2 meters with a good transition/landing)
    I am a one bike only (money) and it will need to go to German trails once or twice a year. ( that can be rooty and rocky)
    SO:
    Should it be a light 2013 Chill or is the 2013 Endo so versatile ??
    I am not going to put a RP23 on, unless it is pushed by TF. The Monarch plus was so much better out of the box IMO.
    Hope you guys can help me.
    Would a Endo be more like a stumpjumper and a Chil more like a Enduro.... in burliness.
    Not going for a specialized hence their new linkage system/fox crap
    Thanks
    Last edited by SteelKof; 03-25-2013 at 07:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelKof View Post
    Hi Guys

Good thread! because I am looking for a AM bike.

I LOVED my Enduro 2009 that I had dialed to my needs; bigger Chromag 760 bar, Fox 36 float 160mm RS Monarch RC3 Plus (both 33%), Stans flow and Ardents 2.3. Short Stem Rippa Funn. (all 14.5 kg)
    It did get me up climbing and loved it when I pointed it down. So I would like a bike that isnt heavier than 14kg = 30.8. including pedals.
    Now I just love the frame on the Endo and Chill, But I am in doubt.
    I ride aggressive XC for the most, but do like to take some home made drops (Top 2 meters with a good transition/landing)
    I am a one bike only (money) and it will need to go to German trails once or twice a year. ( that can be rooty and rocky)
    SO:
    Should it be a light 2013 Chill or is the 2013 Endo so versatile ??
    I am not going to put a RP23 on, unless it is pushed by TF. The Monarch plus was so much better out of the box IMO.
    Hope you guys can help me.
    Would a Endo be more like a stumpjumper and a Chil more like a Enduro.... in burliness.
    Not going for a specialized hence their new linkage system/fox crap
    Thanks
    My vote would be to build a burly Endorphin. I have both bikes and the Endorphin is what I have been looking for in a trail bike. Mine is set up with a 36 Float at 150 and a CC DBair. It handles the bumps but still feels sharp and more connected to the trail than the Chilcotin. It is not as stiff laterally at the front end, but this has not affected the ride at all. The Endorphin should be perfect for the type of riding you described.

I will repeat what others have said about the Endorphin: IT RIPS!
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks bubba
    Whats the weight of your rig ?

mtbr member
    Check the 2012 Endorphin build thread for build. REPLY #41 32 lbs.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5