Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Good to hear, thanks for the detailed write ups. Great reading and helps alot of us out I'm sure.
    If jackasses could fly this place would be an airport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    Good to hear, thanks for the detailed write ups. Great reading and helps alot of us out I'm sure.
    Almost as detailed as Traildocs AZ forum write ups...

mtbr member
    Dayumn - you boys ride some techy, chunky stuff! Glad to hear your Endo is up to the task - sounds like you need to throw a bashguard on there to give you tactical options. I'm not sure I could ride the stuff you guys do - maybe with determination and repetition.

I love my Endorphin too. Ride #7 on it today, and it was perfect. So fun side to side - just railing it. Not a huge fan of the CTD shock. Like most Fox I've ridden, it's hard to find the knife edge between too firm and too soft. I had the boys at BikeCo go through it and they made it mo' better - a little better ramp up, so I can run it at 30% sag without blowing through the travel. They probably put in a spacer.

Knomer
    MRP makes this skid plate to cover any ring size....

And of course The Endorphin is the only trail bike in the world with ISCG tabs.

(disclaimer: I have no idea if the Endorphin is the only trail bike in the world with ISCG tabs, it just sounded cool)
    Global Director of Sales: Knolly Bikes

Yebo Numzaan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post
    Perfect! One of these is definitely going on my Endo. I am pretty sure my bash / skid plate gets hammered on every ride....I cant imagine riding without one.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttonchops View Post
    Perfect! One of these is definitely going on my Endo. I am pretty sure my bash / skid plate gets hammered on every ride....I cant imagine riding without one.
    Wait, when did you get an Endo?

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms View Post

And of course The Endorphin is the only trail bike in the world with ISCG tabs.

(disclaimer: I have no idea if the Endorphin is the only trail bike in the world with ISCG tabs, it just sounded cool)
    I picked on up, unfortunately so did a buddy of mine. One ride on SOMO and it was destroyed. In fact, it had bent enough to interfere with his chainrings. Needless to say, I sent mine back.

I don't think it is designed to hold up to the very sharp, squared granite we have here. No worries though, my Endo will not see that many trails where this is an issue. There is only a few places on Kiwanis that it is an issue, and I will change my technique for those rides.
    "Three balls at once...who knew?" - Cotton McKnight

Knollician
    Where are the pictures?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    I picked on up, unfortunately so did a buddy of mine. One ride on SOMO and it was destroyed. In fact, it had bent enough to interfere with his chainrings. Needless to say, I sent mine back.

I don't think it is designed to hold up to the very sharp, squared granite we have here. No worries though, my Endo will not see that many trails where this is an issue. There is only a few places on Kiwanis that it is an issue, and I will change my technique for those rides.
    Wow - really. I would have though this would have been more robust considering the MRP folks ride and live in a rocky area. That's a bummer, as I was planning to get one of these or the new MRP with low chainguide.

mtbr member
    **** I just picked up a MRP X2 one up a couple moths ago. I hope mine lasts up here in the North East. If anyone is looking at getting one I found the cheapest prices at Ebike.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    104 BCD bashring, lasts for a couple years, and works great as a 42t chain ring for most of that time too (for me at least). A lot of cranksets come with the 44t for free, but I'm picky.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

Yebo Numzaan

not ready yet

Quote Originally Posted by tiSS'er View Post
    Where are the pictures?
    Its still a fetus...not ready to ride.

not ridable

I think its uber appropriate that i ordered Whisky #7 carbon bars? Try googling "Whisky Bars"...
    Last edited by Muttonchops; 01-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! View Post
    Wow - really. I would have though this would have been more robust considering the MRP folks ride and live in a rocky area. That's a bummer, as I was planning to get one of these or the new MRP with low chainguide.
    I have not had good luck with any MRP chainguides I have used on my bikes (1x, 2x, and G2). The aluminum they use is too soft or the plates are too thin. It is usually possible to bend the guide back a few times and I have managed to squeeze a season out of them but not really a long-term durable solution. And I don't ride my bike in Arizona all that much!

mtbr member
    I think its uber appropriate that i ordered Whisky #7 carbon bars? Try googling "Whisky Bars"...
    Not sure how that will work out for the Endo, but I am sure you and the missus will have a great time!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Yebo Numzaan

stoked

Hopefully I will have her built by the weekend. My VTach and Delerium were transformational bikes for me....the Chilcotin is the most confidence inspiring and awesome bike i have ever ridden....the Endo has a lot to live up to.

Endorphin
    I support EMBA

TSC
    Buehliever
    Hopefully I will have her built by the weekend. My VTach and Delerium were transformational bikes for me....the Chilcotin is the most confidence inspiring and awesome bike i have ever ridden....the Endo has a lot to live up to.
    From what tiSS'er has said, I think the Endo can be your Super D bike, depending on the course.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

Knollician

Endorphin
    Dooooood! That is going to be a sweet build! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do. I have been spending a bunch of time on the Endo, in-fact I feel almost guilty as the Chili has seen fewer rides than normal. Dirtbag and I have been hammering out some long rides on Saturdays when we would normally blast something on the Chili.

I don't care how you try to classify this bike, XC, trail whatever, it doesn't matter. This bike is flat out fast and fun. I can't wait to get back on it, and my riding habits are showing it. I have found a great new loop that is perfect for this bike. I made a climb yesterday that I have never made before. I was so stoked that I immediately texted dirtbag. I still don't think he believes me This bike is so light you can just whip it around. I am also very happy with how well this bike rails. The combination of the bike, setup and tires (minion DHF and DHR single plys) has helped my confidence immensely. I have also found that Endo translates exceptionally to the Chili. By this I mean confidence gained from the Endo is accentuated when on the "Big Brother". When I hop on the Chili, although the ride is very different, I have noticed my cornering speeds have increased, much due to confidence.

Anyway, if you went with the Revelation, spend some time on it (check the oil in the lowers, mine was DRY), and then take out 60ml of the stock 5 weight damper fluid and replace it with 60ml of 7.5 weight fluid. I have found this to provide a very nice mid stroke for what I thought was previously a way too linear and soft stroke. You do loose a bit of small bump, but when up to speed the fork feels far more controlled and balanced with the rear of the bike. I should mention that I run both the fork and shock wide open, I see no reason to run any PP on this bike. It just goes. My fork mod has also made the out of the saddle effort much nicer, the fork doesn't wallow as much.

Congrats, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Endo!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Mister Muttonchops, can't wait till you get that built up. you are gonna love it!

I've made it back to the desert and got on the Endo today after making some changes at home and I am freaking blown away by the speed of this thing! I haven't been on the bike or doing much of anything the last 6 weeks so i am bit out of shape but this thing still felt amazingly fast.

Changes that where made include swapping the 140 fox for a 150 RS Rev and that has blown me away. I tried the 140 cause i had it and it did fall into the recommended range for this frame but from experience, I can say DO NOT PUT A 140mm FORK on this thing. Kevin, Noel, if you are reading, just go ahead and remove that from the recommended forks on the web site because i don't think it does any good. I hate travel adjust forks because i feel that when they are lowered they feel sluggish and that is exactly what my problem was. It pedals better, tracks better, is more lively, feel more like that classic Knolly feel like it pedals itself.

I also swapped the rear aspen 2.1 to a crossmark 2.25 and needless to say i get quite a bit mor traction climbing and braking.

the other change was to go to 780mm bars. I aways thought I would ride wide bars on my bigger bike but keep them shorter on my xc/trail bike but come to find out, wide bars are great on all bikes.

with the changes, mine is now a sitting at 25 pounds and 4 ounces.

My girlfriend has had the hardest time adjusting to the new Endo because of the amount of pedal platform so I swapped the CTD for the latest RP23 and got the RWC needle bearings and now she is feel way more comfortable on it as well. she was pedaling as fast as I've seen her go and now her complaint is she needs a bigger ring and I ain't talking about no diamond. she want to swap the single ring 32 for a 34, I am gonna wait a bit on that.

Yebo Numzaan
    SWEET!

I cant wait to be railing on this bike. All the recent reports have been getting me amped.

I do have a RS Revelation solo air....I actually have a fox...but am selling it without even riding it.

I have been riding my Chilly everywhere as my only bike for the last 3 months and am really excited to be able to compare all my favorite trails on the Endo.
    I support EMBA

mtbr member
    Good to see these ride reports on the new Endorphin. I'd like to see some reports on folks who've built them up a bit heavier 30-32 lbs with 160 fork. I know pfarrell and others have said it's not Chili-lite (which is kinda how I'd describe my 5 Spot), but it would be interesting to see how it compares to the Spot in this guise.

Knollician
    Quote Originally Posted by pfarrell View Post
    Mister Muttonchops, can't wait till you get that built up. you are gonna love it!

I've made it back to the desert and got on the Endo today after making some changes at home and I am freaking blown away by the speed of this thing! I haven't been on the bike or doing much of anything the last 6 weeks so i am bit out of shape but this thing still felt amazingly fast.

Changes that where made include swapping the 140 fox for a 150 RS Rev and that has blown me away. I tried the 140 cause i had it and it did fall into the recommended range for this frame but from experience, I can say DO NOT PUT A 140mm FORK on this thing. Kevin, Noel, if you are reading, just go ahead and remove that from the recommended forks on the web site because i don't think it does any good. I hate travel adjust forks because i feel that when they are lowered they feel sluggish and that is exactly what my problem was. It pedals better, tracks better, is more lively, feel more like that classic Knolly feel like it pedals itself.

I also swapped the rear aspen 2.1 to a crossmark 2.25 and needless to say i get quite a bit mor traction climbing and braking.

the other change was to go to 780mm bars. I aways thought I would ride wide bars on my bigger bike but keep them shorter on my xc/trail bike but come to find out, wide bars are great on all bikes.

with the changes, mine is now a sitting at 25 pounds and 4 ounces.

My girlfriend has had the hardest time adjusting to the new Endo because of the amount of pedal platform so I swapped the CTD for the latest RP23 and got the RWC needle bearings and now she is feel way more comfortable on it as well. she was pedaling as fast as I've seen her go and now her complaint is she needs a bigger ring and I ain't talking about no diamond. she want to swap the single ring 32 for a 34, I am gonna wait a bit on that.
    Glad to see things are coming around for you Pete. The Revelation is a great match for the bike, yet keeps the weight down. I find a 38T chainring is actually useful on this bike.

I can't ride this bike enough.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Good to see these ride reports on the new Endorphin. I'd like to see some reports on folks who've built them up a bit heavier 30-32 lbs with 160 fork. I know pfarrell and others have said it's not Chili-lite (which is kinda how I'd describe my 5 Spot), but it would be interesting to see how it compares to the Spot in this guise.
    Hey Krob, its a helluva lot closer to chilly lite with this fork. with that being said, there is still a big enough difference between the two that everyone should have one of each. Maybe it's the weight and build or maybe it's because i haven't ridden it on the same trail as the old Endo but i still feel the old one has the nod when things get rough but this new one is so damn fast, who cares. you touch the ground alot less on this one. where the old one had chilly like abilities in plowing through stuff, this one just flys over things.

and Brandon, if you guys don't mind a helmet-less riding partner, I will be around the Phoenix area for awhile now.

mtbr member
    I SOOOO need to quit reading this thread.

TSC
    Buehliever
    Quote Originally Posted by rscecil007 View Post
    I SOOOO need to quit reading this thread.
    I know what you're saying. They've almost got me convinced that I would actually enjoy pedaling an Endo uphill. How mental is that? You don't reach my BMI without eschewing exercise.
    "sounds like you need to find a better mechanic..." -- Calhoun

Shovel Ready
    I'm going to have to get darker shades for PMP now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast