Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green

2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-img_2312.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-img_2309.jpg ...size M, arrived this morning ..and completes my Knolly Hatrick (Endo Chili Podium), happy days indeed!!
    Last edited by cfrench; 11-09-2013 at 06:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ...a wee bit tricky to take a pic with true representation of the colour you see in the flesh (its really really nice, and by nice I mean stunning), the bottom bracket area on the 2nd picture is mighty close to it.. also the glow in the dark is quite vivid.. . It is exactly this colour (as seen at the 2012 rampage): 2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-podium-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Sweet!!! I love the Knolly day-glo green - it is such an awesome color. Enjoy the new ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2309.jpg 
Views:	1135 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	845600 ...size M, arrived this morning ..and completes my Knolly Hatrick (Endo Chili Podium), happy days indeed!!
    Needs more PURPLE

If the Day Glo Green is anything like the yellow, I am sure it is a stunner. Congrats on the Hat Trick. Post pics when built up!
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Montana, Idaho, South Africa

mtbr member
    So nice! I think purple was a good choice as well. When is it getting built? This bike is a dream!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    thanks...its getting built nov/dec...got this too...
    2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-img_2317%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    I missed out on the limited ed CK hubs, would be sweet if you could score some....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Montana, Idaho, South Africa

mtbr member
    I don't work for Deity Components, but they have a great purple line-up, quality products, and incredible customer service!

2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-image.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-image.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-image.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-image.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-image.jpg

Enjoy your build and the permanent smile the Podium will bring you!

mtbr member
    Just a few purple accents will suffice. Don't circus that bike out with purple everywhere!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    Just a few purple accents will suffice. Don't circus that bike out with purple everywhere!!
    Let him do what he wants...I was just showing a few of the products that Deity offers. Certainly not telling him what to do.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    cheers mayha, like the diety saddles and pedals (especially the pedals), but ive got most of the parts already...just really the shock and forks to determine. F.N.G, I wont be...it will be sick though

mtbr member
    That is a beauty.Hope to see pictures of the full build.Congrats.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    captured!! ..its this green:

2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-20131110_121248.jpg it really does make everything look pale around it

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    looks nice... ha ha sorry for being a bad influance on you lol. your gonna love that thing when its built and you ride it for the first time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    looks nice... ha ha sorry for being a bad influance on you lol. your gonna love that thing when its built and you ride it for the first time.
    you were a good influence on me, I was just being tight

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    edit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-build.jpg  

Last edited by cfrench; 11-22-2013 at 05:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

... how the hell do you explain that to your girlfriend/wife???

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuzi View Post
    ... how the hell do you explain that to your girlfriend/wife???
    ...you don't, that's the trick. when she says "whats this?", you say "whats wrong with you, you want some money to go shopping...", end of story. Theres a lot of stuff they don't understand about us, and theres a lot of stuff we don't understand about them, and its best to just leave it that way... don't explain anything, stay in the mystery......and if your past that stage, regretably, and shes got you trained to tell the truth about everything...well...im sorry to hear that brother .

mtbr member
    You are a very lucky dude…. Bike heaven

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

not long now til build time..

a little splash of purple here and there: 2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-crank.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    nice.... cols got the same colour stem bar and seat clamp on his raw chilli

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    got the purple osx bars too....spokes are the last thing to arrive this morning, wheels get built in the next 3-4 days ... not long to wait ....2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-dapurps.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Wow! Really nice stable! Owning all of these would make me self-sufficient on bikes for 15 years to do any type of riding anywhere. Now you just need a Warden to complete the quatuor...

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by guim View Post
    Wow! Really nice stable! Owning all of these would make me self-sufficient on bikes for 15 years to do any type of riding anywhere.
    yeah that's the idea, all angles covered for many years to come
    Now you just need a Warden to complete the quatuor...
    dont you swear (650b) at me!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    hahaha! Then do like I want to do and put 26" wheels on the Warden...unless you don't need one of course

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    hahaha! Then do like I want to do and put 26" wheels on the Warden...unless you don't need one of course
    brother will you please stop thinking about frankensteining Knollys supermodels.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I can't help myself, but it's just for money reasons. I should stop working as a trailbuilder and get a degree in Accounting so I could buy that new un-neccessary 650B fork and wheels. But then we'd have less trails to ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I can't help myself, but it's just for money reasons. I should stop working as a trailbuilder and get a degree in Accounting so I could buy that new un-neccessary 650B fork and wheels. But then we'd have less trails to ride!
    second hand Chilcotin frame + second hand Avalanche Woodie and the parts you've already got would make a lot of sense. ive done a number of 25-30km enduros on the chili...it wouldn't win KOM (the Endo has the potential to be that bike) due to weight / penalty on climbing, but it seriously rips downhill and is a lightweight freeride dream bike.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yep, wheel-size debate aside, the more I look at the Chilcotin, the more I think that it'd be perfect. Anyway, I'll wait until spring so I can have stuff to geek out in my spare time this winter.

Ok, enough thread derailing, can't wait to see the fully built-up pics of your Podium!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Ok, enough thread derailing, can't wait to see the fully built-up pics of your Podium!
    Soon!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

maiden voyage

colours are bit washed out but here it is: 2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    where abouts are you? I can see the 7stanes signs and I'm in Innerleithen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    colours are bit washed out but here it is: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	302.5 KB 
ID:	853039
    Looking sweet, but that beauty needs a better photo shoot!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mayha View Post
    Looking sweet, but that beauty needs a better photo shoot!
    will do, going to photo shoot the trifecta

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    peebles, that was sunday, did make or brake but whole setup was a bit stiff, still dialling her in..

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    doing the uplift this weekend? it's the last one before christmas and tally reckons all the fallen trees will be cleared

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    doing the uplift this weekend? it's the last one before christmas and tally reckons all the fallen trees will be cleared
    yeah it was a bit of a mess up there...I had to lift the podium over 5 trees on the way up and one on the way down at caddon bank that I very nearly hit....maybe do uplift Sat, Sundays out (forecast is very windy though), what you riding these days?..ill keep an eye out for you...feel free to PM me..

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    this week's forecast seems well over the top, it's certainly not been as windy as they said over the weekend.
    will look at doing saturday if I can get a peek at this podium! I'm on a red commencal but finding you is gonna be pretty easy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Knolly Podium: Apple and Blackcurrant Edition

2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-1.one.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-2.two.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-3.three.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-4.four.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-5.five.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-7.seven.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-8.eight.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-9.nine.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-11.eleven.jpg2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-12.twelve.jpg

36.5lb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-6.six.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    ill be at inners on Monday, tied up this weekend

Bnerd
    Sweet looking bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RideEverything View Post
    Sweet looking bike!
    Thanks ....action shots coming soon...
    Last edited by cfrench; 01-02-2014 at 09:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    this week's forecast seems well over the top, it's certainly not been as windy as they said over the weekend.
    will look at doing saturday if I can get a peek at this podium! I'm on a red commencal but finding you is gonna be pretty easy!

lol.. yeah i guess he's not gonna be to hard to spot on that bike ha ha... the podiums looking sweeeeeeeeeeeet now chris.. money well spent and well worth the wait eh bud, whats your thoughts on the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    lol.. yeah i guess he's not gonna be to hard to spot on that bike ha ha... the podiums looking sweeeeeeeeeeeet now chris.. money well spent and well worth the wait eh bud, whats your thoughts on the bike.
    Yup, it turns heads that's for sure

Only just got my second ride on her today...the weather in Dec was wild but the shock/forks needed sent in anyhow for tuning and springs adjustments...but, yes, it was well worth the wait! I've had so much fun today and my confidence on the track was growing quite quickly all day. I'm really stoked for this bike

My thoughts are: it rides like a Knolly, I've felt quite at home from the start, to me it descends like a big forgiving Chilcotin and its actually very eager to launch itself off jumps! I gave a Kona sponsored rider (there were three of them at inners on their carbon operators, all three top UK DH riders) a go to get his opinion on the suspension dial...he launched off three doubles and he was about a foot higher and 3-4 feet further out on landing than what he was doing on his own bike, so the Podium is a great jumper.

Cant really say more on the bike just now as its still so new to me.

Two other things that I came away with today: the Schwalbe Magic Mary is a brilliant tyre, the grip is first rate, it was dry when I first went out then it rained for a little bit and it was great in both conditions. Its very noisy on tarmac, theyre well sticky, hopefully durable too. Second, XT brakes with 200mm Ice-tech rotors are amazing and probably all you'll ever need for downhill, im putting them on all three bikes

2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-shot1.jpg
    2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-shot2.jpg
    2014 Knolly Podium in Dayglo Green-shot3.jpg

Cant wait until Saturday to get back out on her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Spec:

Knolly Podium (36.5lb)
    • Medium Day Glo Green
    • ROCK SHOX BoXXer R2C2 Coil
    • Cane Creek DB Coil 240 x 76mm
    • Hope Headset
    • Chromag Director Direct Mount Stem
    • Chromag OSX Bars
    • ODI Ruffian with LockJaws
    • Chromag Q/R 35mm
    • Chromag Lynx DT Saddle
    • Thomson Elite 31.6 x 367mm Seatpost
    • Shimano XT with 200mm Ice Tech Rotors
    • Chromag Scarab Pedals
    • SRAM X0 Crank, 83mm Hope BB, Chromag 34T ring
    • Race Face Crank boots
    • SRAM X0, 10-speed Rear Shifter
    • SRAM X9 Type 2, 10-speed, mid cage Rear Mech
    • Shimano XT 11-36 10 Speed cassette
    • KMC X10SL 10 Speed Gold Chain
    • Spank Spike EVO Race Rims and DT Swiss 350 Hubs
    • Schwalbe Magic Mary DH 3C Vertstar (front)
    • Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.4 60A (rear)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hi Cfrench,

I was wondering if you could do me a small favour. I'm looking at possibly getting a Podium and wondered if you could measure the wheel base for me? I would have mine set up with similar fork arrangement and was after an "actual" wheelbase measurement.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lochsweed View Post
    Hi Cfrench,

I was wondering if you could do me a small favour. I'm looking at possibly getting a Podium and wondered if you could measure the wheel base for me? I would have mine set up with similar fork arrangement and was after an "actual" wheelbase measurement.

Cheers
    A2C was set exactly as per Knolly website so HA/wheelbase as spec'd.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Thats a sick bike dude! I was just wondering how you were liking it? Inners are my local dh trails too so was just wondering how the new podiums liked the tight techy stuff as well as the faster jumpy ****? Would you describe it as a plough bike or playful agile bike?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dusse123 View Post
    Thats a sick bike dude! I was just wondering how you were liking it? Inners are my local dh trails too so was just wondering how the new podiums liked the tight techy stuff as well as the faster jumpy ****? Would you describe it as a plough bike or playful agile bike?
    Cheers. Its a great bike its very balanced and pops of jumps well. Ive only been out on it twice, tomorrows going to be the third run at inners, so its hard to give a verdict but its feels great ... see the review by sickliness (» Knolly Podium 2013 Review - Sick Lines ? mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource)
    the verdict seems to agree with everything people say on this site.

Give me a shout if you see me out and about, i'll be out alot this year and doing uplifts so i'll let you know how it goes.

Sicklines verdict:
    Knolly put together one hell of a frame here and something that’s just a blast to ride weather you’re an average joe or a seasoned vet. Could it be better? Sure, it could be carbon and a pound or so lighter. It could use an integrated chain stay protector and sport a 56 mm bottom headset ID. But it’s all just nit pick. Over the course of the summer the frame its self has required exactly zero maintenance. No creaks and not a single fastener has loosened even a little. The ride is all about balance here. Low but still pedalable, slack but not too light in the front, terrain gobbling but with plenty of pop, and dead reliable. As delivered, the Podium’s credentials as a serious big mountain machine are beyond reproach. Just Google Garret Bueller and James Doerfling to get an idea of what this thing is capable of under talented professionals. But lets be real, Pros are on another level and most of us just ride for fun. We mix it up bouncing between jump lines and tech runs and maybe a bit of the really scary stuff. Having a bike that can ride it all well is what most of us need. Which is why I think the Podium is just about right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    from the few weeks i spent on my podium in whistler last year. id say its a great allrounder... pops of jumps very well, very playful manouverable bike, and handels techy tight twisty trails with ease, and ploughs through rocks gardens and roots with ease to... you wont be dissapointed with a podium.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast