mtbr member
    May 2010

2013 Podium vs. Old

Just took my new Podium for a shred session. All I can say is wow!!! My mind is completely blown! I was worried about the new Podium not being any better than the old one, but it's better in every riding aspect . I used all my same components from Old Podium and just swapped frames . If you are curious if the new Podium is not as good as the Old because its made in Tawain, rest assured the New is an absolute beast!! I think this CCDB is the best shock for this bike, and it comes with a rad base tune out of the box!

Cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wow nice. What were the main differences between the 2 models?

mtbr member

2013 Podium vs. Old

I'm loving the new Podium. It fits my style so much better. Getting ready for my 9th full day of riding. My body is exhausted but I have few more days to go. I will write more about the differences later.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Updates to the linkage, tubular wrap around chain stay, shorter chain stays, fork bumpers, less parts to tighten, lighter, stronger , stiffer.

The geometry has remained the same but the ride characteristics are different. I rode my old podium with a marrozochi roco till I broke the shock piston shaft and then I went to an RC4. While the RC4 performs just fine, the new Podium with factory base tuned CCDB just rides that much better. It seems faster through the rough , jumps better, and stiffer in the corners. The new Podium is the most fun , solid Dh bike I've been on. Will continue with ride updates and durability , which from the looks shouldn't be an issue.

mtbr member
    I demo'd the new Podium. I'm buying the new podium. CCDB-A. Whoa, does this thing rail!