mtbr member
    Nov 2011

2013 Chilcotin? Where can i get one?

Interested in buying a Chilcotin frame, i wanted to know if Knolly is going to release a new 2013 frame?
    If so, do you think its worth waiting or should i try to get the 2012 at a reduced price?

Also, I live in Portugal, here we have no Knolly dealers, Is there any website where i can order a Chilcotin?

Thanks,
    fred

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    c'mon, anyone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fredb View Post
    c'mon, anyone?
    Knolly doesn't really do model years, they incrementally make changes to designs as needed/warranted. That said, the newest release of the chilcotin will have the 3d rocker link which is 50% sexier then the original rocker link.

Your best bet is to PM Dusty Bottoms on this board, he can probably let you know who/where is a distributor that can help you out.

si vis pacem...
    Quote Originally Posted by fredb View Post
    Interested in buying a Chilcotin frame, i wanted to know if Knolly is going to release a new 2013 frame?
    If so, do you think its worth waiting or should i try to get the 2012 at a reduced price?

Also, I live in Portugal, here we have no Knolly dealers, Is there any website where i can order a Chilcotin?

Thanks,
    fred
    Fredb,

With the exception of the 3D rocker links, (which were displayed at Interbike but there is no firm timeline on when they will actually be in production) there is no difference that I know of between current production Chilcotins and the ones that will be coming in 2013. Personally I wouldn't bother waiting - with these frames if you have a chance to get one you should act on it quickly because you never know when the next run is coming - and you probably won't see much (if any) discounting on the current models because:

a) As stated, they aren't changing much, and
    b) Knollys have such limited production runs and are such awesome bikes that there is always demand for them.

If you want to buy a Chili right now, send me a PM and let me know what you're looking for. We have a couple in stock at the moment and maybe we can work something out.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    2013 knolly's at wrenchscience.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Black Rock Bicycles in Reno, NV is a Dealer..

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    knollybikes.co.uk

There is actually a nice special offer on Chilcotins

mtbr member
    ola e cumprimentos até portugal!

well, it's a bit hard to find knollys in many parts of europe, although not impossible. in countries with official dealers like uk and poland you shouldn't face too many problems. in other coutries it's a bit harder. i had to look out for mine a while but found bestie bikes in poland being very helpful and offering great service. but i'm not living in portugal.