Zombie Uprising

2012 Chilcotin: The inevitable Vivid Air R2C setup thread

It's bound to happen sooner or later, since this is the only other top dog contender, so here it is!
    This is a very adjustable shock, and everyone will have their own preferences based on terrain, riding style, weight, etc.
    So what is/will be your base line setup for the Vivid Air on the 2012 Chilcotin, assuming an average weight of 220lbs, fully loaded rider?
    What is the appropriate tune for it?
    MM, medium compression, medium leverage, medium rebound (falling rate 2.8:1)?
    Fire away, gents!
    Last edited by tp806; 03-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.

mtbr member
    I have used on both the Delirium and Podium a Vivid Air RC2 L- compression and M- rebound.

Noel at one point mentioned L- compression and L- rebound for the Podium. I mistakenly tried a M-compression and M- rebound on the Podium and couldn't get full travel. I like the M-rebound, but never tried the L-rebound.

FWIW - I like the Vivid Air way more on the Podium then I did on the Delirium. I wouldn't even consider this shock for the Chilcotin unless I had a super deal. Get the Cane Creek - easier to work on, more tuning, can turn the canister. Though the Vivid Air worked well at the appropriate sag.

mtbr member
    I have a M,M Vivid Air RC2, and the ride feels pretty harsh. I'm 225lbs, and run at more than 35% sag (not sure how to accurately measure it), and can easily bottom it out on any decent jump, but it just doesn't feel natural. Would like to try a few more tuning options before I get rid of it, but what I've tried so far hasn't helped much.

It does pedal well though, with minimal bob.