mtbr member
    Sep 2004

09 Delrium T...am I mad to

returning from injury to neck and spine, aged 47, 200lbs without gear and not a freerider, jumper, mauler or downhiller will climb more happily and enjoy singletrack and just riding.........following injury confidence shot .........but always wanted a knolly, seen a deal on a del t for $550 for frame shock wheels headset, am I mad to be considering it?
    I have a
    Yeti 7 med love it to death and is my go to bike
    29er Rocky Mountain element.unridden due to injury.

So I do not NEED the bike, but always wanted one and have always got on better with bigger longer travel bikes, seemed to mangle anything light. prevoius bikes Turner RFXs, Bullit, Titus supermoto, Maverick ML8,Ellsworth Moment all around 30/3lbs.

All i need is forks but have some old z1 light 150 mm travel, assuming i could get away with them, gravity light stem and answer pro bars both new and assoted brakes.

So will the del T be overkill, or a nice change?
    Will 150mm Z1 light forks be okay?
    Is the frame weight going to make the bike weigh more than 37lbs?

All advice and constructive guidance welcome
    Last edited by Hicksville; 04-15-2013 at 05:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Assuming the frame is crack free and only has the smallest of scratches and dings....and the bike is somewhere in Connecticut, give ME the guy's email and I'll leave work right now and buy it myself, and I already have a couple of Knollys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    LOL so that is a yeah right there then?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have an 08 that I bought last year and it is the most confidence inspiring bike I have ever ridden. It is my do all bike and although it is heavy, it climbs great and can descend way faster than I can.

Do it!!

You won't be disappointed as long as, like bobmol said, it isn't cracked or anything. The bike id built like a tank and when you take everything apart you will see that it was built how suspension and pivot are SUPPOSED to be built, i.e. correctly from an engineering standpoint.

Perpetual Hack
    I still have an 09 that my son rides.
    It is his do-it-all bike - and we live in the flat part of Ontario.
    Before him, it was my do-it-all. Replaced with a 2010 Delirium which I still use as my do-it-all-but-DH weapon.

michael
    A Dirtbag since 1969.
    A Knomer since 2007.

Knolly Podium V.2
    Knolly Delirium
    Knolly Delirium-T
    RM Slayer . . .

mtbr member
    Voice of reason......
    I don't think it is a wise purchase. The Yeti 7 you already have looks very capable. The Del T is a heavy bike. If you are not using it for its intended purpose it is a lot of extra weight to carry around. The Z1 will leave you wanting a bigger and stiffer fork.

Ultimately, If it makes you happy then go for it. That's what is important.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR View Post
    Voice of reason......
    I don't think it is a wise purchase. The Yeti 7 you already have looks very capable. The Del T is a heavy bike. If you are not using it for its intended purpose it is a lot of extra weight to carry around. The Z1 will leave you wanting a bigger and stiffer fork.

Ultimately, If it makes you happy then go for it. That's what is important.
    Thanks for the replies, the voice of reason won, undoubtably the DT is a great bike but probably overkill for me at this time.......going to keep looking.

$550 will go to on a road trip to get back into things I think!