mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Yuma vs Stumjumper comp

I really like the 2012 Stumpjumper Comp, and there are plenty of them around for me to look at and ride, however I really like the value in the KHS brand. Does anyone have any first hand experience on a Yuma. My local KHS store does not stock any mountain bikes, and I'm not sure other stores in the area would have much to look at either. How does the Yuma stack up against the stumpy. It's only about $250 less then the specialized. The one thing that looks deficient are the brakes, however I don't know enough about things like wheels to knowif the Yuma is competitive in areas like that. Any advice will be appreciated.

Jeff

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I drove across town yesterday while running errands with the family so I looked up the next closest KHS dealer. I was really hoping to see some of KHS's latest hardware. About a 45 minute drive, and they were closed! It appeared as they closed to get a new floor. I checked their listed hours, so I was really disappointed to find them closed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Interested to see what you find on the quality of the brand.

Todd

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I currently own 2 KHS bikes. One is nearly 19 years old. The other is a 2006 SS that I just love. I am just currently disappointed in the availability of the brand. I don't question the quality.

I have never owned a specialized bike until recently (daughters 24" hotrock), but I have no reason to doubt that they make a top quality bike, and I am leaning that direction, just because of the dealer network here in MI

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I know what you mean about lack of dealers for different brands. I live in a little po dunk town called Dallas, TX. I swear I have to mail order everything, no one carries crap around here. The dealers complain everyone mail orders, but the problem is I drive to your shop to be told you will have to order it. I have to pay in advance for it, then drive back over to pick it up. So I just order it and save my self 2 trips as well as substantial markup.

Todd

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    I sell both KHS and Specialized. I had a KHS XCT-556 and now I'm on a Stumpjumper FSR 29er. The KHS is a great bike but the Stumpy is even better. YMMV.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Bumping this old thread... Can you clarify why you like the Stumpy more than the 556? I am on a 07 Stumpy Comp (26") and I love it, but it's getting old-ish and I can get a killer deal on a 556 and I'm drooling over the 140mm suspension.