Thread: XC104 Bearings

mtbr member

XC104 Bearings

Hi All,
    I bought an XC104 frame for my daughter and noticed that the pivot at the top of the seatstay (that connects to the rocker) has plastic bushings rather than bearings. I was curious, are all the XC X04 series the same way? If not, does anyone know the size of that bearing? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Try taking it to your LBS and see if they have upgrade answers , or KHS google search for any upgrades / revieve issuse on this . Surly someone else has "been there done that" and has non plastic part upgrades.

Keep us posted .
    WARNING : Do not ride your bicycle until you have read and thoroughly understood the owners manual.

mtbr member
    Plastic (generic term for thousands of possible compounds) is indeed the best material for bushings. Is there a problem with this one or are you just concerned that it might give trouble at some stage?
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz and NZ Manitou Service Agent.
    www.dougal.co.nz Suspension setup & tuning.
    SPV Devolve

mtbr member
    All of my bikes are cartridge bearing, so more concerned than anything else. What I'd really like to know is can someone with an XC204/XC604 look to see if they have the "bushing" in the same spot. Or, did they cheapen the XC104? I've tried searching and no one has had an issue with it.