mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Where to purchase pivot bolt

Hello all,

Does anyone have a source for pivot bolts for a DH200? I only need one and don't want to buy the whole kit.

thanks.
    I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my bike and keeps on riding.

cfx
    mtbr member
    I've not been able to source just one bolt just searching the net. You could try contacting their support at technical@khsbicycles.com and see if they can be of assistance.

Good luck!

C..
    The amount of intelligence on the planet is finite .. the population keeps growing ..

I do what I want
    try a hardware store that is pretty much your only resource. Dont contact KHS that is an exercise in futility and will only end in frustration. I used to ride a KHS FR2000 and had similar issue to yours when i contacted KHS they told me they dont supply hardware and recommended I go to the hardware store to source something.

BRILLIANT bunch of asshats over there at corp, which is kind of sad because there DH race team is super cool and even they cant get hardware!! Ive seem many mismatched bolts on the KHS team bikes, at least on the DH ones, no one seems to a give a shiat as long as it works.
    Guy.Ford

I'm not really an @sshole, I just act like one online.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    MtbTi.com is the only one I found that might be able to help. They asked to send dimensions and they could make a bolt kit for me. The threads on the bot are stripped and broken in half.

Thanks for you help.
    I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my bike and keeps on riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The main piv on DH200 is in fact three parts by nature.
    It's 2x 1 1/4"long (32.5mm) nuts.
    Held together by a 1.5" length of M8 x 1.25mm threaded rod.

You need a nut. Nothing else. Get rod out of other part w heat + a vice + some padded pliers. A more sophisticated way would be to use two nuts to make a lock-nut on the threaded part, then use a wrench on the lower nut of the two making the lock-nut with the broken piv nut in a vice. Don't crush it.

You already have one nut. Lol. Measure it.
    It's button-head (15.75mm diameter 5mm hex drive), M8x1.25 internal thread 1.5" (32.5mm) long.

This whole thing is super interesting - I thank you for making me inspect the hardware (I was pulling it anyway and remembered this thread, so had a good look), as this is obviously a GREAT way (in a pinch) to *make* a new piv bolt for almost anything w ease. 2 nuts and section of bolt (head cut off) or a bit of threaded rod

Anyway. Now, whenever you break a main piv on almost any bike, you can fix it this way. Just two nuts and a bit of threaded rod (or a cut bolt).
    Watch 'them' go out to find a way to make this not work any more! Lol.
    Tapered, multi-width, super-propietory pivot bolts anyone?! Lol.
    Can't patent it now! It's in the public domain. That should mean that if they do it, a 3rd party can knock up some bolts.

Get 12.9 stainless steel. And grease the gap between the exposed threads liberally before fitting. Could put a tiny drop of blue loctite inside the new nut. Make sure it's less than you use to stick the rod into the original nut. If you use too much, you'll round the heads next time you try to remove the piv bolt. Only matters how much you use on one. As long as one is 'weak' you can pull it no problem.

If it were, me, I'd try to get the new nut with a 6mm hex drive if pos.
    If you find a supplier of those nuts, be sure to post the official spec of the nut and the supplier.
    Last edited by Ecogeek; 05-09-2011 at 01:35 AM.

It's all about the FSR!
    I ran into this issue with my XC 604. I ended up contacting a semi-local authorized shop that I found on the KHS site. I emailed them asking about this, and got a reply in 15 minutes with a picture of what I needed. It was entire pivot rebuild kit. Had everything in there except seals for the shock. They took my CC info, and ordered it. When they received it, they called me, charged my card, and sent it to me. I got it in 2 days. They were awesome to deal with. I would imagine that they would ship anywhere in the country. I can get you contact information if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    I ran into this issue with my XC 604. I ended up contacting a semi-local authorized shop that I found on the KHS site. I got it in 2 days..
    Price of kit?
    Price of shipping?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I can get you contact information if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Think they'd be able to bring life back into an old FXT Team? Want to replace all Pivot bolts...(threaded bolt idea wreaks havoc on the bushings)